Upasana Kamineni is an Indian entrepreneur who is Vice President of Apollo Life and Editor-in-Chief of B Positive magazine. She is the wife of the famous actor Ram Charan.
Wiki / Biography
Upasana Kamineni Konidela (married name) was born on Thursday, July 20, 1989 (the age of 30; as in 2019) in Hyderabad. His zodiac sign is cancer.
She earned a degree in Marketing and International Business Management from Regent's University in London.
Height (approximately): 5 "6"
Eye colour: Dark brown
Hair color: Golden brown (complexion)
Family, caste and husband
The mother of Upasana Kamineni is President of the Confederation of Indian Industry and Executive Vice President of Apollo Hospitals. His father, Anil Kamineni, is the founder of KEI Group (a diversified company in the fields of logistics, recreation and infrastructure). She has a brother named Puansh Kamineni and a sister named Anushpala Kamineni.
Her maternal grandfather, Prathap C. Reddy, is the recipient of Padma Vibhushan and founder of the first health care system in India, Apollo Hospitals. Preetha Reddy (Vice President of Apollo Hospitals), Sangita Reddy (Co-CEO of Apollo Hospitals) and Suneeta Reddy (Director of Apollo Hospitals) are her maternal aunts.
She married Ram Charan on June 14, 2012 at Temple Trees Farm House in Chennai.
She is the daughter-in-law of the famous South Indian actor Chiranjeevi.
Upasana is the Vice President of the Apollo Foundation, which identifies, diagnoses, treats and educates people in need of medical care. She is also Vice President of Apollo Life, a health and wellness site that provides information about health, wellness and fitness.
She is the owner and editor of B Positive, a magazine about health and lifestyle.
In 2016, rumors that she and divorced Ram Sharan divorced surfaced in public. Later, during an interview, Upasana erased the rumors that she did not care what everyone was writing about them and that she and her husband loved each other.
Awards and distinctions
- Mahatma Gandhi Award for Leadership in Corporate Social Responsibility in 2019
- Dadasaheb Phalke – 2019 Philanthropist Award
- Food: Kachchi Biryani, Hyderabadi Biryani, Pucci Biryani of Awadh, Dum Pukht, Samosa
- Fashion Brand: Louis Vuitton
- His nickname is "Upsi".
- As a child, Upasana wanted to work with Apollo Hospitals. As a teenager, she decided to become a fashion designer. Soon, Upasana realized that she was a better buyer than a designer and returned to the family business.
- Since childhood, she was obese. Speaking of her history of obesity and weight loss, she said-
I was huge as a child growing up in America! When I moved to London, I decided to finish a full round of Hyde Park and finish the London Marathon. In the case, I broke my knees. So, the will was there but I did not do it well. I had 95 kg, so I decided to completely cut the carbs. It did not work. So I cut rice and wheat and ate oats instead, and it worked so well for me. Then I added a little protein. I went to the university instead of using my car, a taxi or the subway.
- Upasana was involved in philanthropy from an early age. When she was a student, she started a movement called "U Exchange", where she collected old textbooks and notebooks with torn pages and gave them to children in the Naxal areas.
- She also launched the JIYO app with Deepak Chopra, the American writer of Indian descent and medical lawyer. It is an application that tracks an individual's level of stress and well-being and sends them a "wellness order".
- She is an intimate friend of designers Anamika Khanna, Abu Jani, Sandeep Khosla and Tarun Tahiliani.
- In 2018, Upasana inaugurated the Freedom Kitchen India Expo.
- Upasana and Tamannaah Bhatia are the best friends. Seeing Tamannaah's performance in "Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy", Upasana gave her a giant crystal ring.
- Charan and Upasana met by mutual friends at a sports club in London. They then became friends and their friendship developed in love. They both decided to get married. She calls Charan "Mr. It's with love.
- Charan was an actor and people considered Upasana unworthy of him because she was fat, which hurt him. However, she did her best and managed to lose weight and become a source of inspiration for people.
- She loves animals and believes in their love and respect as humans.
- She has more than 5 dogs.
- Upasana loves horses and has a horse named Daisy. Daisy is a Falabella (a miniature horse breed) and was offered to her by Ram Charan after a month of marriage.
- She seeks adventure and enjoys driving, riding, diving, playing polo and watching movies.
- In an interview, she confessed that if she had not been treated, she would have become a waitress and would have lived on an island near the beach.
- She also enjoys doing interior decorating and has designed the interiors of one of the wellness centers that she has put together.