An American football runner is named for Saquon Barkley who currently plays for the New York Giants of the National Football League (NFL). He was recruited with a second general selection by the Giants in the 2018 NFL Draft. At Penn State College, he played for three seasons, running for 3,843 yards with 43 touchdowns on the ground, while getting 1,195 receiving yards with 8 touchdown receptions . He was also awarded the NFL AP Offensive Rookie of the Year and was named to the first PFWA All-Rookie Team. In general, he is a very talented footballer with the shirt number of 26.
Saquon's early life
On February 9, 1997, Saquon opened his eyes for the first time in Bronx, New York, United States. His nationality is American, while his ethnicity is black and his horoscope sign is Aquarius. His religion is Christian. As of 2019, he celebrated his 22nd birthday with his friends and family. He grew up as a New York Jets fan idolizing the Curtis Martin runner. He was born to Alibay and Tonya Johnson, his parents. His father was a boxer. He has three brothers and two sisters. He attended Whitehall High School and after completing his high school, went to Penn State College.
Saquon body measurements
Saquon has attracted the attention of many people for its excellent performance in the field. He has a very charming smile on his face with an attractive personality. It has a perfect athletic body with a height of 5 feet and 11 inches. Together with the perfect height, it has an equivalent weight of 106 KG or 233 lb. Unfortunately, his other body measurements regarding the size of his biceps, waist size and more have not been revealed, but we will try to add it soon.
High school and university career
- For his high school, he ran for 3,646 yards with 63 touchdowns from his second year through last year, including 1,856 yards and 31 touchdowns as a senior.
- He got immediate play time as a true freshman at Penn State in 2015.
- In his first game, he ran for a yard in a carry.
- He rushed for 115 yards with a touchdown in his second game.
- He continued that performance by running for 195 yards and 2 touchdowns in 21 carries in his third game.
- He rushed for 194 yards in 26 carries against Ohio State.
- In total, he had 182 carries for 1,076 yards and seven touchdowns during the 2015 Penn State football season campaign in his first year.
- He was awarded the second All-Big Ten team (earning votes for the first team) and BTN.com Freshman of the Year.
- He rushed for 105 yards and a 33-13 touchdown against Kent State that made the team win over Kent State.
- He was named semifinalist for the Maxwell Award on November 1, 2016.
- He was named the Big Ten Offensive Player of the Year, the Ameche-Dayne Runner of the Year and the First All-Big Ten Team after his regular season.
- He added 25 carries for 194 yards, 7.8 yards per carry, as well as a 79-yard touchdown that gave Penn State a 28-27 lead in his 2017 Rose Bown.
- In general, he set the Penn State record in yards on land in one season for a freshman (1,076) and a sophomore (1,496).
- He had 14 runs for 172 yards, two touchdowns and a long 80-yard run against Akron in his third year.
- He was named co-Big Ten Offensive Player of the Week.
- Saquon's professional career
- It was projected among the top 10 by many, declared their intentions to enter the 2018 NFL Draft on December 31, 2017.
- He was recruited by New York Giants as the second general pick in the 2018 NFL Draft.
- He signed a four-year agreement for a total value of $ 31.2 million with a signing bonus of $ 20.76 million with $ 15 million of the immediately received bonus (the remaining bonus received in October) on July 22, 2018.
- He made his first NFL touchdown, a 68-yard run, in the first game of the season against the Jacksonville Jaguars.
- He had 106 yards on the ground and a touchdown in the 20-15 loss.
- He finished with 130 yards on the ground, including a 50-yard touchdown, along with 99 receiving yards, totaling 229 multi-use yards, as the Giants lost 34-13 against the Philadelphia Eagles. It was on Thursday night football.
- He rushed for a personal record of 142 yards and scored 3 touchdowns when the Giants won 38-35 in Week 11 against Tampa Bay.
- He was chosen for the 2019 Pro Bowl, where he helped the NFC win the Skills Showdown.
- He ranked 16th in the top 100 NFL players of 2019.
- He rushed 11 times for 120 yards, including a 59-yard run, on the 35-17 loss marker against Dallas.
- He suffered a high ankle sprain and was expected to miss the next 4-8 weeks against Tampa Bay Buccaneers in Week 3.
Marital status, wife, girlfriend, son
Saquon is not married yet and has not yet married, but he is not single either. He is currently in a relationship with Anna Congdon. The couple welcomed their first child, a daughter named Jada Clare Barkley on April 24, 2018. The couple enjoys her life very much and he loves his girlfriend very much. The couple plans to get married soon.
Saquon net worth
Saquon is only 22 years old and has begun to make a lot of money and fame. It is estimated that his net worth ranges between $ 25 million and $ 30 million as of 2019. It is only the beginning, as he has to advance his career in the future. In addition, his current salary is estimated at around $ 1,000,000. He currently has a 4-year contract, $ 31,194,751 with the New York Giants, which includes a signing bonus of $ 20,767,092, $ 31,194,751 guaranteed and an average annual salary of $ 7,798,688. In general, you are satisfied with your earnings without any doubt.