Priya Vasudev Mani Iyer, better known as Priyamani, is a former Indian actress and model who works mainly in Malayalam, Telugu, Kannada, Tamil and Hindi.
Wiki / Biography
Priyamani was born on Monday, June 4, 1984 (35 years; as in 2019) in Bengaluru. His zodiac sign is Gemini.
She studied at Sri Aurobindo Memorial School in Bengaluru and Bishop Cotton Women's School of Christian Law. She was good in dance and sports during her school years and was actively involved in extracurricular activities. She started modeling print ads when she was in school. Priya is designed for brands such as Kancheepuram, Erode and Lakshmi bristles. At the age of 12, the Tamil director Bharathiraja introduced him to the film industry. She earned a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology Correspondence.
Height (approximately): 5'6 "
Hair color: Black
Eye colour: Black
Family, caste and boyfriend
Priyamani belongs to a Hindu family. His father, Vasudeva Mani Iyer, is an entrepreneur who owns a plantation business. His mother, Latha Mani Iyer, is a former national badminton player. She was a bank manager at Union Bank of India. She has a brother, Vishakh, who is also an entrepreneur.
According to rumors, Priyamani would be in relation with his co-star Raavanan, Prithiviraj.
It is also said that she would frequent the South Star, Jagapthi Babu.
Priya is engaged to Mustufa Raj, owner of an event management company, on May 27, 2016.
The couple was knotted on August 23, 2017.
Priyamani began her acting career in 2003 with the Telugu film "Evare Atagaadu". She then made her debut in the Malayalam film industry with the movie Sathyam. The film was a flop. His Tamil debut appeared in 2004 with the film "Kangalal Kaidhu Sei". In 2006, Priya starred in the highly successful Telugu film "Pellaina Kothalo" and wrapped up her three films. She gained great popularity by playing the role of "Muthazhagu" in the Tamil film "Paruthiveeran".
Subsequently, she appeared in films such as "Yamadonga", "Malaikottai", "Thirakkatha" and "Arumugam". In 2009, Priya made her Kannada debut with the movie "Raam", followed by her debut in Bollywood with the film "Raavan". She has also appeared in Bollywood's film "Chennai Express".
In addition to movies, Priya has judged various reality shows such as "D 4 Dance" (2014), "D2 – D 4 Dance" (2015), "Dancing Star 2" (2015), "Kings of Dance" (2016). , "D3 – D 4 Dance" (2016) and "Dancing Star 3" (2016).
She has even featured on magazine covers like "Wedding Life Magazine", "Just For Women Magazine", "FWD Magazine" and "Grihalakshmi Magazine".
She has walked the ramp for fashion designers like Nick Roshan.
- National Film Award for best actress for her film "Paruthiveeran" (2006)
- Tamil Nadu State Film Award for Best Actress for the movie "Paruthiveeran" (2006)
- Filmfare Award South for best actress – Tamil for the movie "Paruthiveeran" (2007)
- Vijay Award for Best Actress for the movie "Paruthiveeran" (2007)
- Filmfare Award South for best actress – Malayalam for the movie "Thirakkatha" (2008)
- Sandalwood Star Award for Best Actress in the movie "Vishnuvardhana" (2011)
- Filmfare Award South for best actress – Kannada for the movie "Chaarulatha" (2012)
- SIIMA Award for Best Actress for "Chaarulatha" (2012)
- Suvarna Film Award for Best Actress for the movie "Chaarulatha" (2012)
- Asiavision Television Award for Best Judge of Stars for "D2 – D 4 Dance" (2015)
- Asiavision Television Award for Best Judge of Stars for "D3 – D 4 Dance" (2015)
- TSR TV9 National Film Award for Best Actress – Kannada for "Dwaja" (2018)
- desserts: Ice cream, Chocolates
- Her hobbies include dancing and listening to music.
- She loves animals and continues to publish her photos with dogs on her Instagram account.
- Priya has worked in films of different languages, including Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam and Kannada.
- She is the granddaughter of the famous carnatic singer Kamala Kailas.
- Priya is the first cousin of the Bollywood actress, Vidya Balan.
- It was Priya's grandmother who helped her to become an actress. Initially, her parents were hesitant about it but her grandmother was still pushing her.
- Priyamani met Mustufa Raj for the first time at the Celebrity Cricket League (CCL) cricket tournament. Priya was the brand ambassador at that time and Mustafa was in charge of the logistics. They both exchanged their numbers and became good friends. Soon, their friendship blossoms in love and the couple spent four years marrying each other.
- His friends and family affectionately call him Pillu.