Morgan FREEMAN is an American actor, director and narrator. Freeman won an Academy Award in 2005 for Best Actor with Million Dollar Baby, and he received Oscar nominations for his performances in Street Smart, Miss Daisy Driving, The Shawshank Redemption and Invictus. He has also won a Golden Globe Award and a Screen Actors Guild Award. It is ranked seventh among the box office stars since July 2019. It totals $ 4.57 billion in box office receipts, with an average of $ 71.5 million per film.
Actor, director, narrator
Anniversary / Date of birth
Morgan Freeman was born on June 1, 1937 in Memphis, Tennessee, USA.
He is currently 82 years old.
New York City, New York, United States
Sign of the sun
Morgan attended Broad Street High School, a building that today serves as Threadgill Elementary School, in Greenwood, Mississippi. At the age of 12, he won a statewide theater competition and, still at Broad Street High School, he performed in a Nashville, Tennessee-based radio show. ). In 1955 he graduated from Broad Street, but refused a partial theater scholarship. Jackson State University, opting instead for enlisting in the United States Air Force and served as an auto-tracking radar repairman, rising to the rank of 1st class airman. After four years in the army, he moved to Los Angeles, California, taking acting classes at the Pasadena Playhouse and dance classes in San Francisco in the early 1960s and worked as a transcription clerk at Los Angeles City College. On May 13, 2006, the State University of Delta In Cleveland, Morgan Freeman was honored with an honorary doctorate in letters and letters. In 2013, the actor was honored with the honorary doctorate Doctor of Humane Letters by the Boston University.
- Father – Morgan Porterfield Freeman (Barber) (deceased as a result of cirrhosis on April 27, 1961)
- Mother – Mayme Edna (Teacher)
- Brothers and sisters – He has 3 older siblings.
- Relatives – Morgan Herbert Freeman (paternal grandfather)
Girlfriend / spouse
Morgan Freeman dated –
- Jeanette Adair Bradshaw (1967-1979) – The married actor Jeanette Adair Bradshaw on October 22, 1967. The couple divorced on November 18, 1979. They had two children together, daughters Morgana Freeman and Deena Freeman.
- Myrna Colley-Lee (1984-2010) – Morgan formed a relationship with costume designer Myrna Colley-Lee on June 16, 1984, after meeting with her while working on Broadway. They ended their marriage in December 2007 and the divorce proceedings were opened. It was finalized on September 15, 2010 in Mississippi. The couple adopted and raised E'dena Hines. E'dena Hines was murdered in New York on August 16, 2015 at the age of 33.
Note- Since his earliest childhood, Freeman has two extramarital children; one of them is Alfonso Freeman.
- In feet – 6 feet 2 inches
- In centimeters – 188 cm
- In meters – 1.88 m
- In kilograms – 97 kg
- In pounds – 214 lbs
- Measurements – 46-15-39
- Chest – 46 inches or 117 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15 inches or 38 cm
- Cut – 39 inches or 99 cm
He is wearing a shoe size 11.5 (US).
Morgan has been part of many blockbusters, including Street Smart (1987), Driving Miss Daisy (1989), The Shawshank Redemption (1994), Million Dollar Baby (2004), which earned him an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor in 2005 and Invictus. (2009). He is ranked as the seventh largest box office star since July 2019.
In 1964, his film debut was in the drama The Pawnbroker for his role in Man on Street.
In 1993, he made his debut as a director with Bopha! From Paramount Pictures.
From 1971 to 1977, his first TV show was The Electric Company, in which he played various characters, including Mel Mounds and Easy Reader.
He has done promotional work for the following brands: Listerine Mouthwash (1973), McDonald's (1974), Be a Mentor Campaign Save the Children (1999), Public Announcement for USA BODY ( 2002), The University of Mississippi at Oxford, Mississippi, St. Judes Children's Hospital (2005), Visa Credit Cards (2008) & RebuildingTogether.org (2012).
Morgan Freeman Favorite
- Favorite actor – Gary Cooper
- Favorite movies – King Kong (1933), noon (1952), Moulin Rouge (1952), The outlaw Josey Wales (1976), Moby Dick (1956)
- Favorite musician – Al Green
- Favorite show – Everything in the family (1971-1979)
- Favourite book – The purchase of Shawshank bthere Stephen King
- Preferred character – Bass Reeves
- Southern main course – Green cabbage or turnip, cornbread, fried chicken
Morgan Freeman's net worth
Morgan Freeman has a net worth estimated at $ 225 million dollars from 2019. He is the proud owner of three private planes, including the Cessna Citation 501 jet aircraft, the Cessna 414 twin engine and the Emivest SJ30. He has a certification to fly all these planes.
Social media profiles
Some lesser known facts about Morgan Freeman
- Morgan makes his acting career in a school play at the age of nine. He pulled the chair under a girl and was punished for joining the theater class.
- Morgan rejected a partial theater scholarship from Jackson State University.
- At the age of 9, Freeman made his entrance into the theater world by starring in a play at school.
- He won the National Theater Competition at the age of 12 and also produced on Nashville, Tenn., Radio, while he was still at his school.
- Morgan moved to Los Angeles, California after 4 years spent in the army.
- Morgan is good friends with country singer Kenny Chesney.
- He owns Ground Zero Blues Club in Clarksdale, Mississippi. He was also the owner of a gourmet restaurant called Madidi earlier.
- Morgan obtained his private pilot license at the age of 65.
- Freeman donated money to Mississippi Horse Park in Starkville.
- In 1994, Freeman was a jury member of the 44th Berlin International Film Festival.
- In October 1997, Morgan was ranked 31st of Empire Magazine's 100 best movie stars in the UK.
- On August 7, 2000, the actor received the Hollywood Outstanding Achievement in Acting Award.
- In 2004, he founded the Grenada Relief Fund to help victims of Hurricane Ivan on the island of Grenada.
- On September 19, 2006, the US Patent and Trademark Office granted her a trademark.
- In July 2009, Freeman took part in Nelson Mandela's birthday at Radio City Music Hall as a presenter at the 46664 concert.
- In 2011, Freeman appeared with John Lithgow in the Broadway debut of Dustin Lance Black's play 8, a scenic reenactment of Perry v. Brown, the federal lawsuit that struck down California's Proposition 8 ban on same-sex marriage.
- On June 9, 2011, Morgan received the 39th Lifetime Achievement Award from the American Film Institute.
- In 2013, Freeman appeared in the action thriller Olympus Has Fallen, in the sci-fi drama Oblivion and in the comedy Last Vegas.
- On November 12, 2014, the city of London awarded him the honor of freedom of the city.
- In 2015, Freeman directed The Show Must Go On, the second season of Madam Secretary.
- In 2017, he hosted The Story of Us with Morgan Freeman.
- In August 2017, he was named the 54th recipient of the SAG Life Achievement Award for his professional and humanitarian achievements.
- On September 19, 2017, Freeman was featured in a video of the panel's group on Russia.
- In April 2018, Freeman met with Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman of Saudi Arabia.