Gabrielle Union is an American actress, activist and author. She began her career in the 1990s by appearing on television, before landing support roles in teen comedy films She's All That and 10 I I Hate About You. His revolutionary role was in the 2000 film, Bring It On. Union is also the author of a memoir entitled "We are going to need more wine" and an activist who deals with issues related to women's health and violence against women. In 2019, she joined the hit television series America's Got Talent as a judge.
Gabrielle Monique Union
Anniversary / Date of birth
Gabrielle Union was born on October 29, 1972 in Omaha, Nebraska, USA.
She is currently 46 years old.
Sign of the sun
She attended Foothill High School in Pleasanton, California. Later, she was educated at the University of Nebraska and later moved to Cuesta College. Union holds a Bachelor's degree in Sociology from UCLA.
- Father – Sylvester E. Union (company manager and military sergeant)
- Mother – Theresa 'Glass' (manager of a telephone company and social worker)
- Brothers and sisters – Tracy Union, Kelly Union (sister)
Boyfriend / spouse
Gabrielle Union dated –
- Chris Howard (1999-2006) – Chris Howard, player in the Union and NFL, met for the first time at a party in 1999. The couple is married on the 5th May 2001. Their marriage lasted four years and they separated in October 2005. They divorced in 2006 and Gabrielle confessed to being in a bad relationship.
- Darren Sharper (2006-2007) – Gabrielle was in a relationship with NFL player Darren Sharper for a year and left in 2007.
- Dwyane Wade (2009 – Present) – Dwyane Wade, a member of the Union and basketball player, began dating her in 2009. They separated in early 2013 and Wade returned to his former girlfriend's home. Meanwhile, Dwyane's girlfriend, Aja Metoyer, gave birth to the couple's first child, a son named Xavier (born November 10, 2013). Gabrielle and Wade reconciled in December 2013 and became engaged the same month. They were married in Miami on August 30, 2014. They spent their honeymoon in the Maldives and Tanzania. Union is the mother-in-law of the sons of Wade, Zaire (born February 4, 2002) and Zion (born May 29, 2007), from her first marriage. Dwyane and Gabrielle together welcomed their first child, a girl born to a surrogate on November 7, 2018.
- In feet – 5 feet 7½ inches
- In centimeters – 171 cm
- In meters – 1.71 meters
- In kilograms – 57 kg
- In pounds – 126 lbs
- Measurements – 36-24-36
- Chest – 36 inches
- Cut – 24 inches
- hip – 36 inches
- Bra size – 34A
She is wearing a shoe size 8.5.
The size of the dress
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Playing a cheerleader in the 2000 film, Bring It On, in front of Kirsten Dunst. She was also appreciated for her role as a doctor in the television series City of Angels in 2000.
She made her film debut in 1999 with the romantic teen comedy film She's All That in which she played the role of Katarina Katie Darlingson.
Gabrielle first appeared on television in 1993 in ABC's Family Matters sitcom, where she played the minor girl role in a mall in an episode titled Scenes from a Mall.
In May 2014, she appeared in a television commercial for Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Solutions Oil-Free Foaming Cleanser.
Gabrielle Union Favorites
- Favorite actor – Will Smith
- Favorite football team – Cornhuskers from Nebraska
- Favorite music – Lil 'Kim, 50 Cent, Luther Vandross
- Favorite movie – Grease (1978)
- Favorite dancer – Cha Cha
- Favorite animal – Dog
- Favourite book – The autobiography of Malcolm X
Gabrielle Union net worth
Gabrielle Union has a net worth estimated at $ 20 million dollars from 2019.
Social media profiles
Some lesser known facts about Gabrielle Union
- At the age of 19 in 1992, Union was assaulted and raped while she was working part-time at a Payless store. This terrifying experience had a profound effect on her life, making her a stronger and more resilient person.
- Union and Oprah Winfrey are good friends. She said that she was able to get out of her sexual assault after watching Winfrey's talk show.
- Maxim magazine ranked 52nd among the 100 sexiest women in 2002 and ranked 31st in the list of the 103 sexiest women by Stuff in 2003.
- In 2007, Maxim ranked 67th on the Hot 100 list and 73rd on the Hot 100 list in 2008.
- In 2008, the Union supported Barack Obama in his presidential campaign, this election interestingly different from previous ones.
- In 2010, she launched a line of plus size women's clothing called Love & Blessings.
- In February 2012, the Union was identified as a suspect by the airport security and was subjected to a stroking hair. She tweeted about the experience. Let's hope my weave does not cause turbulence, jokes Union. It is clearly very powerful.
- On June 2, 2012, Gabrielle participated in the global race for healing in Washington, DC This race was a tribute to her friend Kristen Martinez, who had succumbed to breast cancer.
- In 2013, she started playing in the show Being Mary Jane of the BET network.
- On August 23, 2013, she launched a limited edition 1963 Washington stamp to celebrate the fiftieth anniversary of the march.
- In March 2014, Union also launched a wine called Vanilla Puddin.
- Union is the ambassador of Susan G. Komen's Cure's Circle of Promise.
- In October 2014, it was announced that Union would design T-shirts to draw attention to the Women Watch campaign.
- In 2015, People's Magazine included him in the most beautiful list in the world, alongside Sandra Bullock and others.
- In 2017, Union launched Gabrielle Union's Flawless, a line of hair care products for people with textured hair.
- In April 2017, Union announced its first book, a memoir entitled "We are going to need more wine".
- In September 2017, Union announced a collaborative partnership with Invicta watches, including a line of watches that she designed.
- In December 2017, we are going to need more wine was named best book of the year by a black author of The Root.
- In 2019, she will return to her role as Syd Burnett, Bad Boys 2, in the television series derived from L.A. Finest, alongside Jessica Alba.