Julie Andrews She is a British actress, known for her role in films such as Mary Poppins, Victor / Victoria, The Sound of Music, Mary Poppins and much more. He has received several awards, such as the Academy Awards, three Grammys, BAFTA, five Golden Globes, Screen Actors Guild Lifetime Achievement Awards, two Emmys and more. In addition to acting, Andrews is a singer and author who has written books for children and published autobiography as Home: A Memoir of My Early Years. To learn more about her, read on below.
Who are Julie Andrews's parents?
Remembering her first years of life, Julie was born in Walton-on-Thames, Surrey, England, to parents Barbara Ward Wells and Edward Charles Wells, a master of metalwork and carpentry. His parents divorced after the outbreak of World War II.
She grew up with her father and brother John in Surrey. She belonged to a low-income family and lived in a poor neighborhood in London as a child. Later, his parents improved their career and moved to better settings in Beckenham and then Hersham.
As for his education, he studied at Cone-Ripman School and then attended Woodbrook School in Beckenham.
When did Julie Addrews start acting?
- Julie made her first stage performance with her mother and stepfather at an early age in 1945, and continued for the next two years.
- He made his solo debut at the London Racecourse, singing the difficult aria, Titania de Mignon by Je Sui as part of a music magazine called Starling Road in October 1947 and performed there almost a year.
- At the age of 13, she became one of the youngest solo performers in a Royal Command Variety Performance for King George VI and Queen Elizabeth at the London Palladium, performing with Danny Kaye, the Nicholas Brothers and the comedy team Georg and Bert Bernard.
- He made his television debut on the BBC show Radiolympia Showtime on October 8, 1949. In the same year, he dubbed his voice for the role of Princess Zeila in the Italian animated film in English, La Rosa di Bagdad, directed by Anton Gino Domenighni. Later, she played in Jack and the Beanstalk, Little Red Riding Hood and main role in Cinderella.
- He made his Boardway debut in the third longest-running musical The Boy Friend. It was one of the successful musicals of London where she was the outstanding artist in the show.
- After playing several roles in the theater, she played the character of Mary Poppins in the musical fantasy film directed by Robert Stevenson, Mary Poppins, from Disney. Then, she appeared in movies like Stars!, And Darling Lili, directed by her second husband Blake Edwards. His next successful hit movie was The Sound of Music, where he is seen with Christopher Plummer.
- In addition to acting, Andrews has published Home: A Memory of My Early, an autobiography that was the best selling memory, published on April 1, 2008 by Hyperion. Andrews has even published different books for children like The Last of the Great Whangdoodles.
- In addition, Andrews has also worked on famous hit television series, as well as a theatrical show, Victor / Victoria and The Julie Andrews Hour. In addition, he has given his voice in animated films, including Shrek's animated film, The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement, Despicable Me, Despicable 3 and Aquaman.
Source: @ variety.com
What are Julie Andrews achievements?
Julie has received different awards in her life. He received the Lifetime Achievement Award at the Screen Actors Guild ' s Awards in January 2007. Later, he also received the George and Ira Gershwin Award, the Grammar Lifetime Achievement Award, the Disney Legend Awards, the Hamptons Film Festival Lifetime Awards Achievement, the Kennedy Center Honors Awards.
In addition to the awards of the film industry, he has received many honorary degrees in recognition of his distinguished career in entertainment. She was honored by the University of Maryland – Doctors of Fine Arts in 1970, Yale University – Doctor of Fine Arts in 1999 and Stony Book University – Doctor of Letters in 2012.
Who is Julie Andrews married to?
Reflecting on her personal life, Julie has married twice in her life. He first married Tony Walton, an English set designer and costume designer, on May 10, 1959 in Weybridge, Surrey. The couple met in 1948 at the London Casino in Humpty Dumpty. The couple was born to a daughter named Emma Kathrine Walton in 1962. After eight years of marriage, the couple divorced in 1967.
After two years of divorce with Tony, she married Blake Edwards, an American film director, screenwriter and producer in 1969. They adopted two daughters named Amy and Joanna in the 1970s. She stayed with her husband until his last breath in 2010. As of now, she is the grandmother of nine children.
Source: @ thejakartapost.com
How much equity does Julie Andrews own?
According to online sites, Julie has successfully raised an estimated net worth of $ 45 million from her acting, singing and acting career. However, his salary has not yet been revealed.
How tall is Julie Andrews?
When observing the physics of his body, Juile measures 5 feet 8 inches and weighs about 58 kg. She has a pair of green eyes and light brown hair. Your other body information has not yet been disclosed.