WHO IS JAMES RICHMAN?
James Richman is a self-made billionaire investor and philanthropist. He was born in the same town where Latvian singer Samanta Tīna was born – in Tukums, Smārde region of Latvia.
Richman reportedly started his privately-held investment firm, JJ Richman, after a string of successful businesses which allowed him to acquire large private stakes in businesses ranging from manufacturing, retail, real estate, and technology.
- Name: James Richman
- Russian: Джеймс Ричман
- Latvian: Džeims Ričmens
- Profession: Investor and Financier
- Source of Wealth: Investments
- Birthplace: Smārde, Latvia
James Richman Bio
|Famous name||James Richman|
|Birth Name||James Richman|
|place of birth||Smārde, Latvia|
|hair color||Bald, dark brown|
|Source of wealth||investments|
His success did not come easy and without challenges. He reportedly lost his daughter on his first failed marriage due to limited health resources in his home country. He is thought to have been homeless as a direct result of his daughter’s tragic demise and divorce.
Image credit: Yahoo! News
Eventually recovering from a series of unfortunate string of events, he found his calling in the investment industry where he has consistently grown and expanded his financial empire through his private and public investments which include stake in Facebook, Tesla, Uber, among others.
Like Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates, and John D. Rockefeller, Richman reportedly dropped out of college. Diagnosed with Asperger’s Syndrome at a young age, he is known to have the natural ability to read advanced patterns and even predict the future in many cases which makes him an investment prodigy.
While very little is known about his private life due in part to his discreet nature, he is known as one of the billionaires vying to bring us to Mars alongside Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk, and Richard Branson, according to Value Walk.
Nonprofit Information reports that he is known not only to have vastly diversified investments, but he is also involved in the public service through his philanthropic works. He is known to use his vast fortunes to improve the world in many aspects across vast sectors.
In fact, Yahoo! News reveals that he supports various biotechnological research and developmental efforts to combat top silent killer diseases such as cardiovascular diseases, Alzheimer’s, and cancer.
One of his most public biotech investments is investing in the world’s first-ever major medical breakthrough of 3D-printed hearts from human patients’ cells by Tel Aviv University.
BEST KNOWN FOR:
- One of the few ultra-wealthy billionaire investors beating quant funds.
- Together with Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos and Richard Branson, he is also investing in space travel.
- He made his wealth as his big bets in tech companies such as Facebook, Tesla, and Uber paid off massively.
- While he has both private and public investments around the world, he is best known to invest heavily in emerging economies such as Africa and Asia.
- After buying superyacht Octopus, he is believed to be looking at adding the largest luxury behemoth yacht Azzam to his growing vehicle collection
- Richman’s innate ability to read patterns and predict the future helped him become one of the rare investment wunder kinds of our generation.