William Henry Gates III, better known professionally as Bill Gates, is an American business mogul, investor, software architect, philanthropist and co-founder of Microsoft. Bill Gates has a net worth of $ 97.9 billion in September 2018, according to Forbes. Gates is currently the richest person in the world and over the past two decades, he has spent much of his life as the richest businessman on the planet, though he has sometimes won second place. He is considered one of the most influential people of the last century.
William Henry Gates III
American Business Mogul, investor, author, philanthropist
Bill Gates was born on October 28, 1955 in Seattle, Washington, USA. He is currently 63 years old.
Sign of the sun
Bill Gates, at the age of 13, enrolled at Lakeside School, where he learned computer programming BASIC and wrote his first program, Tic-tac-toe, on the GE system. He graduated in 1973 with the National Merit Scholar and earned 1590 on 1600 at the SAT.
He then attended Harvard College in 1973 and chose a major in pre-law, but took courses in mathematics and graduate computer science. The following year, he left Harvard to continue his commercial activities.
English, Scottish-Irish, Scottish
- Father – William H. Gates Sr. (lawyer)
- Mother – Mary Maxwell Gates (a board member of the first interstate BancSystem system)
- Brothers and sisters – Kristianne Gates (older sister), Libby Gates (younger sister)
- Parents – JW Maxwell (maternal grandfather) (President of the National Bank)
Melinda Gates (1 Jan 1994)
His – Rory John Gates
Girls – Jennifer Katharine Gates, Phoebe Adele Gates
- In feet – 5 feet 9 inches
- In centimeters – 175 cm
- In meters – 1.75 meters
- In kilograms – 64 kg
- In pounds – 141 lbs
His body statistics are unknown.
9 (US) / 8.5 (UK) / 42 (EU)
Bill Gates serves as –
- Microsoft Technology Advisor
- Co-Chair, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- CEO of Cascade Investment
- President of Branded Entertainment Network
- President of TerraPower
- In 2002, Bill and Melinda Gates received the Jefferson Award for Best Public Service for the Disadvantaged.
- Gates received the Bower Award for Leadership in Business from the Franklin Institute in 2010 in recognition of his achievements at Microsoft and his philanthropic work.
- In 2015, Bill and Melinda Gates received the third highest Indian civil honor, Padma Bhushan, for the philanthropic activities of their founding in India.
Bill Gates and his wife Melinda Gates together created the Bill & Melinda Gates Charitable Foundation, which is considered the richest charity foundation in the world. Its value, estimated at $ 34.6 billion, is aimed at improving health care and reducing extreme poverty around the world.
The Gates have been recognized as the second most generous philanthropist in the United States, donating more than $ 28 billion to a charity and the couple plans to donate 95% of their wealth to a charity.
In 1999, Gates donated $ 20 million to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) for the construction of a computer lab called "William H. Gates Building" designed by architect Frank Gehry.
In 2009, Gates and Warren Buffett founded The Giving Pledge. They commit themselves, as well as other billionaires, to give at least half of their wealth to philanthropy.
In 2010, Gates, Warren Buffett and Mark Zuckerberg sang "Gates-Buffet Give Pledge" by pledging to donate at least half of their wealth to charities.
Bill Gates is a big fan of Porsche cars and has a 1999 Porsche 911 convertible, a 1988 Porsche 959 Coupé and a Porsche 930 Turbo. Bill Gates, one of the world's richest technicians, owns two private jets, the Bombardier BD-700 and the Global Express.
Boeing Business Jet.
Global Billionaire Bill Gates lives in an ultramodern home called Xanadu 2.0. This incredible home spans 66,000 square feet and includes seven bedrooms, 24 bathrooms, including 10 full bathrooms, six kitchens and an equal number of fireplaces. As a technician, the house is equipped with the latest technologies and everything inside the house is automated.
Bill Gates net worth
It is no wonder Bill Gates is recognized as the richest person on the planet, with an unimaginable net worth of $ 91 billion. Like other billionaires, he's a passionate collector of paintings who has spent millions of dollars decorating his home with the world's most expensive and rare works of art.
Bill Gates Favorites
- Favorite books – "The Gene: An Intimate Story" by Siddhartha Mukherjee, "A busy life" by Jimmy Carter, "Seveneves" by Neal Stephenson, "Creating the Modern World: Materials and Dematerialization" by Vaclav Smil
- Favorite food – Thai and Indian cuisine
- Pets – Dogs – Oreo and Nilaa
- Hobbies – Play tennis, golf
- Interest / Passion – Philanthropy, Energy, Education, Health, Global Development
Social Media Portfolio
Bill Gates Facts
Gates is currently the richest person in the world, and over the last two decades he has spent much of his life as the richest businessman on the planet, although he has sometimes won second place.
Gates, in his eighth year at Lakeside School, wrote his first computer program on a General Electric computer in BASIC format. It was a tic-tac-toe game.
He attracted the attention of his teachers with his coding skills. He was told to write a program to program students into classes, but he slightly modified the code so that he was placed in classes with a "disproportionate number of interesting girls".
Gates scored 1590 on 1600 at his SAT at school and enrolled at Haravard in 1973 where he met Steve Balmer.
He left Harvard University in 1975 to pursue his own company 'Microsoft' alongside Paul Allen.
He was arrested for driving without a license and burned a red light.
Gates said his children will inherit only $ 10 million each, despite their immense wealth. "To leave huge sums to children is not a favor for them," he says.
A fraction of his fortune being left to his family, about 99.9% of his fortune will go to charity.
Gates says that he reads 50 pounds a year. Gates says that "reading is always the main way in which I learn new things and test my understanding."
Gates does not know foreign languages. That's, he says, his biggest regret in life right now.
Bill Gates earns $ 250 a second, which is $ 20 million a day and $ 7.8 billion a year.
If Bill Gates was a country, it would be the 37th richest country in the world.