Ewan McGregor is a Scottish actor, singer and director known around the world for his film roles, including independent dramas, sci-fi epics and musicals. McGregor’s first professional role dates back to 1993, when he won a leading role in the British Channel 4’s Lipstick on Your Collar. Among his best-known roles include Mark Renton, addict in heroin, in the dramatic films Trainspotting and T2 Trainspotting, Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi in the Star Wars trilogy, the poet Christian in the musical film Moulin Rouge !, the young Edward Bloom in Big Fish, Rodney Copperbottom in the robots, Camerlengo Father Patrick McKenna in Angels and Demons, the ghost in the political thriller of Roman Polanski, The Ghost Writer, Dr. Alfred Jones in the romantic comedy The salmon fishing in Yemen, Light in the live adaptation of the musical Fantasy Romantic Beauty and the Beast and the adult version of the main character of the fantasy drama Christopher Robin.
Ewan Gordon McGregor
Anniversary / Date of birth
Ewan McGregor was born March 31, 1971 at the Royal Perth Infirmary in Perth, Scotland.
He is currently sold for 48 years.
Los Angeles, California, United States
Sign of the sun
McGregor attended the independent Morrison’s Academy in Crieff. After leaving school at the age of 16, he worked as a theater worker at the Perth Theater and studied a basic course in theater at Kirkcaldy College of Technology, before moving to London to study theater at the Guildhall School of Music and Theater when he was 18 years old.
- Father – James Charles Stewart “Jim” McGregor (Professor of Physical Education)
- Mother – Carole Diane (born Lawson) (teacher and school administrator)
- Brothers and sisters – Colin McGregor (older brother) (former Tornado GR4 pilot in the Royal Air Force)
Girlfriend / spouse
Ewan McGregor as of –
- Eve Mavrakis (1994-2017) – Ewan began dating French production designer Eve Mavrakis in 1994 and married her on July 22, 1995 in a French village. He met her while filming an appearance for the Kavanagh QC show in 1994. The couple now has four daughters: Clara Mathilde McGregor (born February 1996), Esther Rose McGregor (born in November 2001), Jamyan McGregor (born in June 2001 in Mongolia (adopted April 2006) and Annouk McGregor (born January 2011, adopted).
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead (2017-Present) – Ewan met actress and singer Mary Elizabeth Winstead on the set of the television series Fargo. They started dating in 2017 after her separation from Eve Mavrakis.
- In feet – 5 feet 10 inches
- In centimeters – 178 cm
- In meters – 1.78 meters
- In kilograms – 74 kg
- In pounds – 163 lbs
His shoe size is 9.5 (US).
His best-known roles include the drug addict Mark Renton in the drama Trainspotting (1996) and T2 Trainspotting (2017), Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi in the trilogy before the Star Wars Star Wars (1999-2005), the poet Christian in the musical Moulin Rouge! (2001), the young Edward Bloom in Big Fish (2003), Rodney Copperbottom in Robots (2005).
In 1994, he appeared in an epic drama film, Being Human, for his role as Alvarez.
In 1993, McGregor appeared in 6 episodes of a British television show, Lipstick on Your Collar, for his role in PTE Mick Hopper.
He has appeared in commercials on the hybrid cars Citroen DS5, Davidoff Adventure Cologne and LG (2013).
Ewan McGregor Favorites
His favorite things are unknown.
Ewan McGregor net worth
Ewan McGregor has an estimated net worth to $ 45 million dollars from 2019.
Social media profiles
Some lesser known facts about Ewan McGregor
- Ewan was born at the Royal Hospital (Hospital) in Scotland.
- He is a motorcyclist since his youth.
- In 1997, he was ranked number 36 on Imperial Empire’s Top 100 List of All Time stars by Empire magazine.
- He has a tattoo on the right arm of the heart and a dagger on which are written the names of his wife and daughters.
- In 2007, in an episode of Parkinson’s disease, McGregor said that he had given up alcohol after a period when he was probably a functional alcoholic and that he had not drunk alcohol for seven years.
- In 2010, McGregor was named Knight in the Order of Arts and Letters (Knight of the Order of Arts and Letters) by the French government. McGregor has been appointed an Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) as part of the 2013 New Year’s Award for Theater and Charity Services.
- In 2012, he was a member of the jury of the main competition at the 2012 Cannes Film Festival.
- In 2013, McGregor played alongside Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts in August: Osage County, which was based on Tracy Letts’ Pulitzer Prize-winning play.
- In 2013, he was appointed an Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) for services to theater and charity.
- During his interview in June 2015, McGregor said that a long time trip to South America with Boorman was still being planned, but he hoped that a trip to the Baja California peninsula would have place first.
- In 2016, he received the BAFTA Britannia Humanitarian Award.
- In 2018, McGregor won the Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – miniseries or television film for his brothers performances in the third season of the FX Fargo anthologies series, and was nominated at the Golden Globes for Best Actor – musical comedy or comedy for the two Moulin Rouge! and salmon fishing in Yemen.
- On August 15, 2019, McGregor would be in talks to resume his role of Obi-Wan Kenobi in an anonymous series about the Disney + character.