James Charles is an American Internet personality, YouTuber beauty and makeup artist. In 2016, he became CoverGirl's first male ambassador. A controversial character on the Internet, he is involved in issues ranging from racism to transphobia. As a result, he has been the target of canceling his culture several times. He also sings for several a cappella groups and often shares such videos on YouTube and Instagram.
James Charles Dickinson
YouTuber, Makeup Artist, Internet Celebrity
Anniversary / Date of birth
James Charles was born on May 23, 1999 in Bethlehem, New York State, United States.
He is currently 20 years old.
Los Angeles, California, United States
Sign of the sun
James Charles attended and graduated from Central High School Bethlehem in June 2017.
- Father – This is an entrepreneur.
- Mother – Unknown
- Brothers and sisters – Ian Jeffrey (younger brother) (Instagram Star)
Boyfriend / spouse
James Charles dated –
- Aaron Fuller (2017) – James had an appointment with fellow social media star Aaron Fuller in January 2017. Fuller first contacted James via a private message on Instagram. They exchanged some messages before going to a date.
- Shawn (2017) – James 'love life was once again part of a drama on social networks in September 2017 after a guy named Shawn went on his Twitter account to reveal that James' s was a big deal. had paired with Tinder. However, James was not impressed because he called Shawn for using it for Twitter's fame.
- In feet – 5 feet 10 inches
- In centimeters – 178 cm
- In meters – 1.65 meters
- In kilograms – 63 kg
- In pounds – 139 lbs
Dark brown (natural)
Being one of the most popular social media personalities of male beauty. It has more than 16 million followers on Instagram and over 16 million subscribers on YouTube.
In November 2016, James made his first appearance on a television show as a guest of the popular talk show Ellen: The Ellen DeGeneres Show..
As part of his approval contract with CoverGirl, he was tasked with putting forward a promotion campaign for So Lashy! by BlastPro Mascara.
- In February 2017, Charles was criticized for tweeting a joke considered an offensive against Africa and the Ebola virus. He then apologized saying: I am extremely sorry for what I said. There are no excuses. No one owes me forgiveness, but this experience has taught me a lot. I hope that people who respect me will learn from my mistakes and not repeat them.
- In March 2017, YouTube makeup artist Thomas Halbert posted screen shots of previous conversations with Charles, where he admitted that his story about his noticeable rise had been falsified. Originally, Charles claimed to have seen his high school graduation photos recovered with ring light, but the conversation revealed that he had actually edited them.
- In April 2019, Charles stated that he was not totally gay and had a grade of 5.5 on the Kinsey scale, stating that there were girls in the past that I thought were very, very beautiful. There have also been trans guys in the past, too, in which I was really, really, for a moment. These comments created controversy and some claimed that they were transphobic. Charles apologized shortly thereafter, issuing a statement stating that his remarks were unintentionally transphobic, although it was not his intention, and that he should have chosen different words to express what he was saying. ;he wanted to say.
- On May 10, 2019, Tati Westbrook, a long-time collaborator, posted a 43-minute video called BYE SISTER … on her YouTube channel, severely criticizing Charles. In his video, Westbrook accused Charles of manipulating people's sexuality and using … fame, power, and money to play with people's emotions. After that, Charles set a YouTube record for the loss of over a million subscribers in less than 24 hours. It went from 16.6 million subscribers around May 6, 2019 to 13.4 million on May 15, 2019, before recovering somewhat over the next few days. Westbrook's subscriber base grew by more than four million over the same period. Charles then posted an 8-minute response video titled tati, which dealt with issues raised by Westbrook and apologized to her fans, as well as to her husband. This video received mainly negative comments, the video becoming one of the 10 most hated videos in YouTube's history. On May 18, 2019, Charles made a second 41-minute video entitled No More Lies, which responds to Westbrook's comments. He presented evidence that appeared to rebut many of Westbrook's charges and led to renewed support and criticism from Charles. Shortly after posting, Charles found a million subscribers and Westbrook lost two hundred thousand. Westbrook then removed Bye Sister's video from its YouTube channel.The saga sparked insights into the culture of Internet cancellation, the alleged toxicity of the YouTube beauty community, stereotypes about predatory homosexual men, and profits from online dramas.
James Charles Favorites
- Favorite show – Friends (1994-2004)
- Signature Signature Makeup – Freckles
- Favorite Beauty Influencers – Jaclyn Hill, Nikkie Tutorials
James Charles Net worth
James Charles has a net worth estimated at $ 12 million dollars from 2019.
Social media profiles
Some lesser known facts about James Charles
- He was discovered by cosmetics giant CoverGirl via his Instagram account. They were impressed by his ability to become a stereotype and transcend the gender difference as a makeup icon.
- The success of his YouTube channel is largely due to his father, who first helped James turn his basement into a studio. He then turned his old office into a filming space for his channel.
- He joined YouTube and Instagram in 2015 and was quick enough to make his name on both platforms, thanks to his videos and his art makeup photos.
- On October 11, 2016, at the age of 17, Charles became the first male spokesperson for the CoverGirl cosmetics brand, alongside brand ambassador, Katy Perry.
- In 2017, Charles paraded for MarcoMarco's Six 1/2 collection at Los Angeles Fashion Week.
- In 2018, Charles collaborated with Morphe Cosmetics to create a palette of eye shadows.
- In January 2019, he was invited to Birmingham, England, to open the company's second store in the UK, where more than 7,000 fans traveled to see him, which paralyzed part of downtown .
- In March 2019, Charles made up the filming of Iggy Azalea's video for Sally Walker. He also made an appearance in the video.
- In May 2019, he lost more than a million subscribers as a result of the controversy, making him the first YouTuber in history to do it.