Natasha Jonas is a professional British boxer, famous for her successful boxing career. As an amateur boxer, she won a bronze medal in the lightweight division at the 2012 AIBA World Championships; Light Welterweight Bronze at the 2011 European Championships; and silver at light welterweight at the 2014 European Championships. She turned professional boxing on June 23, 2017 and made her professional boxing debut against Monika Antonik, where she defeated Monika via TKO. Her professional boxing record is 11-2-1 (win-loss-tie). She is nicknamed “MISS GB”.
What is Natasha Jonas famous for?
- As a professional boxer.
- For winning multiple ABA championships as well as a gold medal at the European Union Women’s Amateur Boxing Championship in 2009 as an amateur boxer.
What is Natasha Jonas’ ethnicity?
Natasha Jonas was born on June 18, 1984. She hails from Liverpool, England, United Kingdom. Her current age is 37 by her birth date. Her real name is Natascha Paula Jonas. She is American of mixed race background. Your race is black. Her horoscope sign is Gemini and she follows the Christian religion. She was born to her father Terry and mother Esther Jonas. Also, she has two siblings namely Nikita Parris who is her younger half sister and Liam Molloy who is her brother. Nikita is a soccer player and Liam is an MMA fighter by trade.
As for Natasha’s high school diploma, she attended St. Peter’s College in New Jersey for 18 months on a football scholarship. She then enrolled in a media studies course at Edge Hill University in Lancashire. She was employed by Liverpool City Council for five years and was a mentor for the Youth Sport Trust for four years, helping to educate school-aged children about sport and healthy living.
Natasha Jonas career timeline
- Natasha Jonas started her boxing career in 2005.
- She had won five ABA championships in the 64kg division for Liverpool club Rotunda ABC by 2010, which is a huge achievement.
- She was the first female boxer to compete for GB Boxing in November 2009.
- In addition, she took gold in the 64 kg division at the 2009 European Union Women’s Amateur Boxing Championships in Pazardzhik, Bulgaria after defeating Csilla Csejtei of Hungary in the 2009 final and another gold medal at the 2010 British Inaugural Amateur Boxing Championships had won victory over Amanda Coulson.
- She made history in May 2012 in Qinhuangdao, China by reaching the semi-finals of the 2012 AIBA Women’s World Boxing Championships, becoming the first British boxer ever to qualify for the Olympics.
- She also took the bronze medal and a place at the London 2012 Olympics to Liverpool.
- In addition, she was the first British female boxer ever to compete in the Olympic Games, where she faced and defeated Quanitta Underwood in the round of 16, but unfortunately lost to Katie Taylor.
- Natasha, a retired amateur boxer, retired 16 months before the Rio 2016 games. She eventually came out of retirement to turn pro.
- She then turned pro on June 23, 2017 and made her professional boxing debut against Monika Antonik, where she defeated Monika via TKO.
- Next she defeated Bojana Libiszewska, Marianna Gulyas, Katarina Vistica, Taoussy L’Hadji and Karina Kopinska.
- She then suffered a shocking loss by TKO in the fourth round to Viviane Obenauf. It was her seventh professional fight.
- She then defeated Bec Connolly and Bianka Majlath.
- Fighting Terri Harper for the WBC World Female Super Feather Title and IBO World Female Super Feather Title on August 7, 2020, she earned a tie for the first time in her pro career.
- Her next fight was against Katie Taylor on May 1, 2021, which she lost.
- After her loss, she won two fights against Vaida Masiokaite (10-2-1) on November 20, 2021 and Chris Namus (11-2-1) on February 19, 2022 to win the WBO female super welterweight title.
- Aside from her boxing career, she appeared in the Channel 4 documentary Knockout Scousers with Tom Stalker and James Dickens in July 2012, which followed them on their quest for Olympic qualification in the Czech Republic and China, a production she also does told.
Natasha Jonas wins world title by defeating Chris Namus
Natasha Jonas has become world champion on her third attempt after a stellar win over Chris Namus in Amir Khan’s grudge match with Kell Brook. Up three weight classes to face the Uruguayan for the vacant WBO super welterweight world title, she put on an electric show. In the first round, a fierce left jab was followed by a powerful right hook to trip her opponent and continued her relentless attack in the second round. Another knockdown from Namus’s corner was about to throw in the towel but the South American pleaded her case – but the decision ultimately fell to the referee, who called the fight 28 seconds into the second round. Speaking to Sky Sports after the fight, Jonas said: “I can’t even put it into words. People think I’m exaggerating when I say it means everything, but they don’t understand the sacrifices we make. I’ve been through hell and back, ups and downs. “I have the best supportive family and friends in the world. My little girl is at home with my cousin so baby Mela this is for you, she’s bringing home the belt! “I’ve practiced 12 rounds or more, the best amateurs did three rounds two rounds I was prepared for a tough fight and I knew it was going to be like that I have to give her props she took it on short notice, but with everything I did in sparring I knew that I would win if I put it in the ring – it was just a matter of how I did it.
Who is Natasha Jonas husband?
Natasha Jonas is engaged to her boyfriend, whose name is still a mystery. They got engaged in 2016. The engaged couple is also blessed with a beautiful daughter, Mela, who was born on December 4, 2015. Natasha feared her boxing career was over when she got pregnant, but now her biggest inspiration is daughter Mela. “When I retired from amateur boxing to have my daughter, I thought it was the end of my boxing career,” said Jonas. Jonas is unwilling to reveal the identity of her infant father and has yet to speak publicly about him. Her daughter Mela hung out with her mother during her boxing practice. Your sexual orientation is straight. Today she leads a happy family.
What is Natasha Jonas Net Worth?
Natasha Jonas has had a lot of success and made a fortune in her professional life. As of 2022, Jonas’ net worth is estimated at $18 million according to the sources. Her main source of wealth is her boxing career. She lives a lavish lifestyle off her career earnings. Additionally, she has used her social media activity to endorse some products and brands such as Gallagher’s Boxing Gym, Rival Boxing Gear, Applied Nutrition and Nutri Bar. Recently, Natasha Jonas won $500,000 ($200,000 adjusted for the win bonus) against Chris Namus.
What is Natasha Jonas’ height and weight?
Natasha Jonas is a brave and beautiful woman. She is 173 cm tall and weighs 60 kg or 132 lbs. Your body type is athletic. She has a pair of hazel eyes and her hair color is black. As a boxer, she regularly exercises. She has a very grueling and intense training regimen to prepare for her fights in the ring. She goes to the gym 3 times a day, 5 days a week. She mainly selects bodyweight exercises for her circuit.