Sarah Green is a British television presenter and actress, best known for co-hosting ‘Blue Peter’ from May 1980 to June 1983. She is also known for hosting the Saturday morning series Saturday Superstore and Going Live!. She has an acting degree and had pursued acting roles before getting a presenting job at Blue Peter at the age of 22. At the time, she was the youngest host to ever host the show.
What is Sarah Greene famous for?
- As a TV presenter and actress.
- For hosting the Saturday morning series “Saturday Superstore” and “Going Live!”.
Who are Sarah Greene’s parents?
Sarah Greene was born on October 24, 1957, given the birth name Elizabeth Sarah Greene. His birthplace is St. Pancras, London, England. She is British by nationality and his ethnicity is British White. She celebrated her 64th birthday in 2021. She is the daughter of Welsh DIY expert Harry Greene (father) and English actress Marjie Lawrence (mother). She also has two siblings; an older sister, namely Laura Greene, who is a presenter by trade, and a brother, Robin Greene. Unfortunately her mother passed away in November 2010. Her zodiac sign is Scorpio and her religion is Christianity.
About her educational background: She was educated at Gospel Oak Primary School and Gray Coat Hospital School in London while also taking on child acting roles. She then graduated from the University of Hull with a degree in acting. She then sought acting roles in Birmingham, Manchester and London.
Sarah Greene career timeline
- Sarah originally had a role in the daytime drama Together (Southern Television/ITV) in January 1980.
- She then appeared on Blue Peter after appearing in the BBC adaptation of Pamela Brown’s The Swish of the Curtain.
- She was later asked by the program’s editor, Biddy Baxter, to replace the outgoing Tina Heath.
- She was Blue Peter’s youngest presenter at 22 and was filming for the series in Cornwall in two weeks. The program also won a BAFTA award during Greene’s three-year tenure.
- She then presented Saturday Superstore with Mike Read after leaving Blue Peter.
- She then co-hosted “Going Live!” with Phillip Schofield.
- She later appeared in television commercials for Nescafé coffee and hosted Channel 4’s antique show Collectors’ Lot during the day.
- On September 10, 1988, she was injured in a helicopter accident in Gloucestershire along with her partner Mike Smith, the television and radio presenter. The pair then spent a few weeks in the hospital before Greene returned to present Going Live! still in plaster.
- Greene went on to star in the Doctor Who series Attack of the Cybermen, Casualty, Brookside, and French & Saunders.
- In 1991, she joined Smith Maggie Philbin and Robbie Vincent as hosts of Hospital Watch.
- After a year, she and Smith presented a paranormal prank program called Ghostwatch. With “The Man Who Knew Too Little” (1997) they also ventured into the feature film. In addition, they played presenters of “The Theater of Life”.
- In 1996, she began a four-year partnership with the Food Network, hosting daily news, debates and magazine series. She then appeared on the ITV show Have I Been Here Before? and was also a regular presenter on the magazine show This Morning.
- She also had a guest appearance in the final episode of The Harry Hill Show.
- From 2007, she hosted “Weddings Live” on Discovery Home & Health.
- She appeared on ITV’s Dancing on Ice in 2008 in partnership with Fred Palascak.
- She also took part in an episode of BBC Wales’ Coming Home programme.
- She appeared on BBC One’s Pointless with her husband Mike Smith in December 2012.
- In April 2017, she guest-presented an edition of This Morning. She returned as a guest alongside Rylan Clark-Neal in July of the same year and again on August 4 and 18.
Sarah Greene’s husband: who is she with?
Sarah Greene was a married woman but she is currently in a relationship. She married her late husband Mike Smith in 1989. Sadly, Smith died on August 1, 2014 following major heart surgery. Sarah recently revealed that she has found love with one of her late husband Mike Smith’s “oldest friends”, former British Touring Car Champion Robb Gravett. She said of her late husband, “I kinda know Mike pulls so many strings in my life.” Mike and Robb managed the Trakstar team that won the 1990 British Touring Car Championship. Your sexual orientation is heterosexual.
Sarah Greene Net Worth in 2022
Sarah is a talented and successful TV presenter and actress. As of 2022, Greene’s net worth is estimated at $4 million. Her exact salary and career earnings are yet to be revealed, but there is no doubt for her followers that she makes a ton of money from her work. She is happy with her earnings and lives a cool lifestyle. Their main source of wealth is the entertainment industry. In 2012, she became an ambassador for the Target Ovarian Cancer charity.
How tall is Sarah Greene?
Sarah Greene is a beautiful woman with a slim body type. She stands at a height of 5 feet 5 inches and her body weight is 52 kg or 115 lbs. Her eye color is blonde and her eye color is green. Overall, she has a fit body with a charming personality. In 1988, she was involved in a helicopter crash with her future husband, Mike Smith, but luckily they both survived despite serious injuries.