Heath Ledger was an Australian actor and director of video music. His work included nineteen films, including 10 things I hate about you, The Patriot, The Lords of Dogtown, The Tale of a Knight, Monster Ball, Brokeback Mountain, The Brothers Grimm, Casanova, The Black Knight and the Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus, the latter two being posthumous rejections. He also produced and directed music videos and aspired to become a director. His role as a Joker in The Dark Knight immortalized Ledger, gaining praise and staggering popularity from fans and critics alike. Ledger also received many posthumous accolades for his performance in The Dark Knight, including the Oscar for Best Supporting Actor, an International Award for Best Actor at the 2008 Australian Film Institute Awards, the award from the Los Angeles Film Critics Association in 2008, the 2009 Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actor and the 2009 BAFTA Award for Best Supporting Actor.
Heath Andrew Ledger
Anniversary / Date of birth
Heath Ledger was born on April 4, 1979 in Perth, Western Australia, Australia.
On January 22, 2008, he was found dead in his apartment in Manhattan's SoHo neighborhood in New York, United States. He died as a result of a cardiac arrest caused by an accidental overdose of prescription drugs including painkillers, sleeping pills and anti-anxiety drugs. Her body was discovered by the housekeeper and massage therapist in her bedroom.
Sign of the sun
He was of English, Scottish, Irish and Welsh origin.
Heath Ledger attended Mary's Mount Primary School in Gooseberry Hill and later Guildford High School in Guildford, Perth, where he made his first acting experiences, playing in a school production like Peter Pan at the age of 13.
- Father – Kim Ledger
- Mother – Sally Bell born Ramshaw
- Brothers and sisters – Kate Ledger (older sister)
Girlfriend / spouse
Heath Ledger dated –
- Julia Stiles (1999-2000) – In 1999, it was rumored that Heath would be in a relationship with his American co-star, Julia Stiles, while shooting the film, 10 Things I Hate About You. They broke up in 2000.
- Christina Cauchi (2000-2002) – In 2000, Heath began dating the model Christina Cauchi. Their relationship lasted about 2 years.
- Heather Graham (2000-2001) – Heath was in a relationship with American actress Heather Graham from October 2000 to June 2001.
- Naomi Watts (2002-2004) – In August 2002, Heath began dating the British actress Naomi Watts. They played together in the movie Ned Kelly (2003). Naomi even encouraged Heath to assume the role of Ennis Del Mar in Brokeback Mountain (2005). However, they separated in May 2004.
- Michelle Williams (2004-2007) – In June 2004, Heath began a relationship with American actress Michelle Williams. They met during the shooting of Brokeback Mountain (2005). On October 28, 2005, they were fortunate to have a daughter, Matilda Rose, born in New York. However, in 2006, Heath's drug abuse began to annoy Michelle. Heath ends up leaving their apartment in Boerum Hill, Brooklyn. They then separated amicably but their separation was only confirmed in September 2007 by Michelle's father.
- Helena Christensen (2007) – In 2007, it was claimed that Heath was linked to the Danish model Helena Christensen.
- Kate Hudson (2007) – In November 2007, Heath would have had a meeting with American actress Kate Hudson. They had already played together in the movie, The Four Feathers.
- Lindsay Lohan (2007-2008) – It is rumored that Heath would have had a relationship with American actress Lindsay Lohan from November 2007 to January 2008. Lindsay allegedly broke down in the middle of a restaurant in Los Angeles after learning the death of Heath.
- Gemma Ward (2007-2008) – In November 2007, Heath reportedly had a relationship with the Gemma Ward model. Heath would have spent Christmas with Gemma at their home in Perth. However, the relationship tragically ended with Heath's death.
- Mary-Kate Olsen (2007-2008) – By the end of 2007, Heath would have frequented American actress Mary-Kate Olsen. At the time of Heath's death, the masseuse who had found him unconscious on his bed was called Mary-Kate before calling the authorities.
- In feet – 6 feet 1 inches
- In centimeters – 186 cm
- In meters – 1.86 m
- In kilograms – 77 kg
- In pounds – 170 lbs
- Measurements – 44-17-36
- Chest – 44 inches
- Biceps – 17 inches
- Cut – 36 inches
The role that made Ledger immortal was his depiction of the Joker in The Dark Knight of 2008. The film then became a world-class actor and this actor was even honored with the prestigious Oscar.
In 1992, Heath Ledger made his film debut in the drama Clowning Around as an orphaned clown. However, his role has not been credited. In 1997, he made his film debut as director, Toby, in the drama thriller Blackrock.
In 1993, he made his first appearance in a television series in the humorous series Ship to Shore as a cyclist.
He had not endorsed any brand in his lifetime.
Heath Ledger Favorites
- Favorite actors – Gene Kelly, Bob Pit, Jack Nicholson, Mel Gibson
- Favorite actress – Judy Garland, Katharine Hepburn and Meryl Streep
- Favorite Director – Stanley Kubrick, Marcel Cann and Terrence Malick
- Favorite role in his career – The Joker in The Dark Knight (2008)
- Favorite Australian groups – Spiderbait, Powderfinger, Silverchair
Net value of Heath ledger
Heath Ledger estimated the net worth of $ 16 million dollars from 2019.
Social media profiles
Heath Ledger was not on social media.
Some lesser known facts about Heath Ledger
- His parents separated when he was 10 years old and divorced when he was 11 years old.
- His sister Kate and he were named after the characters in Emily Bronte's novel Wuthering Heights.
- When he was a kid, he had a pet kangaroo.
- He was a member of the Kalamunda field hockey team in 1990.
- At the age of 10, he played for the first time in the Peter Pan play in a local theater troupe.
- In 2001, he appeared in the list of 50 most beautiful people in People magazine.
- He was selected for the under-17 field hockey team, but he chose not to pursue his acting career.
- In November 2001, he judged the men's fashion contest held at the Melbourne Cup Carnival.
- Martin Henderson coached him early in his acting career.
- Heath became the first non-American actor to play the role of the Joker.
- In 2007, Empire Magazine ranked him among the 100 most sexiest movie stars in the world.
- He has appeared on the covers of many magazines such as Vanity Fair, People, Rolling Stone, Entertainment, Empire, GQ, Who and Movieline.
- In 2008, the Australian Heath Ledger Scholarship was created by Australians in Film.
- Heath had stated that the most difficult role in interpreting the role of the Joker was to get the perfect voice and laughs.
- His role in the movie Candy earned him an award from the Australian Film Critics Circle in the Best Actor category.
- Heath received the New York Film Circle Award in Best Actor for his role in Brokeback Mountain.
- He has even been nominated for the prestigious Oscar Award for Best Actor as well as for the BAFTA Award for Best Leading Actor for his performance of Ennis Del Mar in the same film.