Meryl Streep is an American actress. Since her debut in the 1970s, she has dominated the stage and the big screen thanks to her formidable performance and her leading acting abilities. Her ability to give life to the characters and the plume with which she treats each of them are commendable. Streep's outstanding abilities are deeply visible as she has 17 Academy Award nominations (three winners) and 27 Golden Globe Awards nominations (eight winners), which is the highest nomination ever recorded by an actor in the history of the two awards. .
Mary Louise Streep
Anniversary / Date of birth
Meryl Streep was born on June 22, 1949 in Summit, New Jersey, United States.
She is currently 70 years old.
Connecticut, United States
Sign of the sun
Meryl attended Cedar Hill Elementary School and the Oak Street Schoolwho was at the time a college. In 1963, the family moved to Bernardsville, New Jersey, where they attended Bernards High School. She was then admitted to Vassar College from where she graduated in 1971 with BA cum laude. In 1975, she completed her master's degree Yale Theater School, New Haven, Connecticut, United States. She also studied at the Dartmouth College as a visiting student and in 1981, he received an honorary doctorate in arts.
- Father – Harry William Streep Jr. (pharmaceutical executive)
- Mother – Mary Wolf Wilkinson (commercial artist and art editor)
- Brothers and sisters – Dana David Streep (younger brother) (Actor), Harry William III (younger brother) (Actor and Producer)
Boyfriend / spouse
Meryl Streep dated –
- John Cazale (1975-1978) – Meryl Streep met actor John Cazale for the first time during an audition for the famous New York show, Shakespeare in the Park, and they got closer to their work . She stayed with him even after the diagnosis of lung cancer and until his death in March 1978.
- Don Gummer (1978 to date) – Meryl Streep met the sculptor Don Gummer through his brother, his close friend. Apparently, Gummer had come with her brother to help her prepare the apartment, which she shared with Cazale. Shortly after, they started dating and she moved in with him. About six months after Cazale's untimely death, Meryl had married Gummer. The couple has 4 children, his son Henry (born in 1979), his daughters Mamie (born in 1983), Grace (born in 1986) and Louisa (born in 1991).
- In feet – 5 feet 6 inches
- In centimeters – 168 cm
- In meters – 1.68 meters
- In kilograms – 73 kg
- In pounds – 161 lbs
- Measurements – 38-30-39
- Chest – 38 inches
- Cut – 30 inches
- hip – 39 inches
- Bra size – 36B
She is wearing a shoe size 8 (US).
The size of the dress
Her dress size is 12 (US).
Featuring critically acclaimed films such as The Bridges of Madison County (1995) and Music of the Heart (1999).
In 1975, Streep made his stage debut at Trelawny of the Wells.
In 1977, Meryl made her first dramatic film Julia as Anne Marie.
In 1977, she made her screen debut in the television movie The Deadliest Season.
In 1990, Meryl starred in a television commercial for Amercian Express Credit Card.
Awards and nominations
Meryl Streep Favorites
- Favorite actor – Robert de niro
- Favorite actress – Judi Dench
- Favorite movie – Titanic
- Favorite food – Pasta
Meryl Streep Net value
Meryl Streep has an estimated net worth of $ 90 million dollars from 2019.
Social media profiles
Meryl does not have an account on social networks.
Some lesser known facts about Meryl Streep
- Instead of enrolling at Yale University to study theater, she wanted to be admitted to law school. However, she missed her interview because she slept late in the morning.
- She did not like playing the role of former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, who helped her win the third Oscar. Streep did not agree with some policies of his reign.
- She is the only actor to have received most of the Golden Globes nominations with 29 nominations to date.
- In 2004, Streep received the AFI Life Achievement Award from the Board of Directors of the American Film Institute.
- In 2009, Streep met with Chef Julia Child in Nora Ephron's Julie & Julia, alongside Stanley Tucci and again with Amy Adams.
- In 2010, US President Barack Obama awarded him the National Medal for the Arts, which also awarded him the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 2014.
- In 2013, Streep played alongside Julia Roberts and Ewan McGregor in the black comedy August: Osage County on a dysfunctional family that meets in the family home when their patriarch suddenly disappeared.
- On November 24, 2014, President Barack Obama awarded him the Presidential Medal of Freedom.
- In 2015, Streep played in Ricki and the Flash by Jonathan Demme, where he played the day as a cashier at a grocery store, who is a rock musician at night and has one last chance to reconnect with his family.
- In April 2015, it was announced that Streep had funded a scriptwriting laboratory for women over forty, called the Writers Lab, which would be run by the New York Women in Film & Television and the IRIS collective.
- On January 8, 2017, Streep accepted the Cecil B. DeMille award for all of her Golden Globe achievements, during which she delivered a highly political speech criticizing Donald Trump implicitly.
- In 2018, Streep briefly takes on the role of Donna Sheridan in the musical sequel Mamma Mia! Here we go again.
- In 2018, she worked with 300 women in Hollywood to implement the Time's Up initiative to protect women from harassment and discrimination.