Famke Janssen is an actress, director, scriptwriter and former Dutch model. She played Xenia Onatopp in GoldenEye, Jean Gray / Phoenix in the X-Men series, Ava Moore in Nip / Tuck and Lenore Mills in the Taken trilogy. In 2008, she was appointed Goodwill Ambassador for Integrity by the United Nations. She made her directorial debut with Bringing Up Bobby in 2011. She is also known for her role in Netflix's original series, Hemlock Grove, and for her role in ABC's How to Get Away with Murder. Janssen played in the NBC 2017 crime thriller The Blacklist: Redemption.
Famke Beumer Janssen
Actress, Former Model, Director, Screenwriter
Anniversary / Date of birth
Famke Janssen was born on November 5, 1965 in Amstelveen, the Netherlands.
She is currently 53 years old.
Sign of the sun
After completing his first studies, Famke joined the University of Amsterdam where she studied economics for a year. Later in the 1990s, she attended Columbia University and studied creative writing and literature. Well, she graduated in 1992 with a Bachelor of Arts degree.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Brothers and sisters – Antoinette Beumer (older sister) (Director), Marjolein Beumer (younger sister) (Actress)
Boyfriend / spouse
Famke Janssen dated –
- Anson Mount – Famke and the American actor Anson Mount date back about a decade in the past. The news of their fiancée then their marriage has also surfaced on the Internet. But this has not been confirmed.
- Tod Williams (1995-2000) – American director, producer and screenwriter Tod Williams married a Dutch actress in 1995. They were married from 1995 to 2000.
- Ryan Gosling (2004) – Canadian actor Ryan Gosling had a romantic adventure with actress Famke Janssen at the end of 2004. He is about 15 years old his junior.
- Cole Frates (2006-Present) – Since 2006 she has been dating American actor Cole Frates.
- In feet – 5 feet 11½ inches
- In centimeters – 182 cm
- In meters – 1.82 m
- In kilograms – 62 kg
- In pounds – 137 lbs
- Measurements – 36-25-35
- Chest – 36 inches
- Cut – 25 inches
- hip – 35 inches
- Bra size – 32B
She wears shoes size 10.5 (US).
The size of the dress
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Playing Xenia Onatopp in the movie GoldenEye (1995) and Jean Gray in the X-Men series.
Janssen appeared in the crime drama film Fathers & Sons in 1992 for his role as Kyle Christian.
In 1992, Famke played Kamala in the science fiction series Star Trek: The Next Generation in an episode called The Perfect Mate.
Famke appeared in PETA's ad titled Be an Angel for the Animals. She also appeared in commercials on L'Oreal, Heineken, Exclamation mark! perfume, an announcement of asthma and others. She has already advertised Fight AIDS PSA.
Awards and nominations
|1995||MTV Movie Award for best fight||Golden eye||Appointed|
|1999||Blockbuster Entertainment Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role – Horror||House on the haunted hill||Appointed|
|2000||Blockbuster Entertainment Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role – Science Fiction||X Men||Appointed|
|2006||Teen Choice Award for Choice Liplock||X-Men: The Final Clash||Appointed|
|2007||Saturn Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role||X-Men: The Final Clash||Won|
|2007||Hamptons International Film Festival for special recognition||Turn the river||Won|
|2007||Hamptons International Film Festival for a special price||Turn the river||Won|
|2016||Gold Derby TV Award for a Dramatic Guest Actress||How to escape murder||Appointed|
Famke Janssen Favorites
- Favorite actor – Jack Nicholson
- Favorite actress – Meryl Streep
- Favorite perfume – Karl Lagerfeld's KL
- Favorite color – Blue
- Favorite song – Kiss me (by Ed Sheeran)
- Favorite movies – Love & Sex (2000), Turn the River (2007)
- Favorite horror movie – The brilliant (1980)
Famke Janssen net worth
Famke Janssen has a net worth estimated at $ 20 million dollars from 2019.
Social media profiles
She's not on social media.
Some lesser known facts about Famke Janssen
- Her first name means "girl" in West Frisian.
- His surname and first name are the family names of his father and mother.
- She is fluent in several languages such as English, Dutch and French. Famke knows German too but is not good at that.
- Janssen has a Boston Terrier named dog, licorice.
- According to PETA, she is vegan and therefore enjoys having pasta dishes and other vegetables.
- In 2002, Janssen clinched the role of the wicked Serleena in Men in Black II, but must abandon the film due to a death in his family and is replaced by Lara Flynn Boyle.
- She was offered the female lead in the 2003 film Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines. But Famke declined the offer.
- In 2007, she performed in Turn the River, for which she received the Best Special Actress Award at the Hamptons International Film Festival.
- In 2011, Janssen made her debut as a director with the drama Bringing Up Bobby. She also wrote the script for the film starring Milla Jovovich, Bill Pullman and Marcia Cross.
- In 2016, Janssen was frustrated that he was not selected in the new X-Men X-Men: Apocalypse movie, claiming that Hollywood was sexist towards older women.
- In 2019, she was a jury member of the Tribeca Film Festival.