Brief facts from Charlie McDowell
|Famous name||Charlie McDowell|
|Birth Name||Charlie McDowell|
|Date of birth||1983-07-10|
|place of birth||The angel|
|Birth nation||United States of America|
|brothers and sisters||4th|
|brothers||3; Half brothers|
|Secondary school||Crossroads High School|
|education||AFI Conservatory Film School|
|height||5 feet 11 inches|
|Hair color||Light brown|
A very talented film director as well as the author from the USA are named after Charlie McDowell. He is famous for directing films and television shows such as The Discovery, Untitled Sarah Silverman Project, The One I Love, Bye Bye Benjamin, Dear White People, and Silicon Valley. In 2005 he joined the American Film Institute as a director partner. In 2014 he made his film debut as a voice actor in the drama-fantasy film “The One I Love” as Madison. In 1996 he made his TV show debut as a voice actor in the historical war documentary series “The West”. He also has a production company called Cloudbreak Productions. On June 4, 2013, he published a book with Three Rivers Press entitled “Dear Girls Above Me,” based on his Twitter feed. His authors include The Discovery (2017), Bye Bye Benjamin (2006) and Gilded Rage. He is also active on social media with over 98,000 followers on his Instagram account under the account name @charliemcdowell and over 67,000 followers on his Twitter account under the same name.
Lily Collins becomes engaged to director Charlie McDowell
Source: @ instagram.com / lilyjcollins /
31-year-old Lily Collins announced her engagement to writer and director Charlie McDowell on Instagram Friday. “I’ve been waiting for you all my life and I can’t wait to live our lives together,” Collins signed a slideshow of photos from during and after the proposal. The couple appeared to be on a trip into the mountains where McDowell asked the question. One photo shows Collins giggling as her fiancé was bent on one knee. Hours after Collins announced their engagement, Collins shared another photo of herself showing her diamond ring on her finger while smiling widely. “The purest joy I’ve ever felt,” said the actress.
- For directing the drama-fantasy film “The One I Love” (2014) with Mark Duplass and Elisabeth Moss.
- For his other directorial work such as “The Discovery” (2017) and “Bye Bye Benjamin” (2006).
What is the birthplace of Charlie McDowell?
Charlie McDowell was born to his parents on July 10, 1983 in Los Angeles (USA). The English actor Malcolm McDowell and the American actress Mary Steenburgen. He also has a sibling, an older sister named Lilly (born January 22, 1981) and three younger half-brothers from his father’s marriage to Kelley Kuhr. His stepfather is actor Ted Danson, who married his mother in 1995. Cancer is his zodiac sign and his religion is Christian. He currently lives in Los Angeles, California, USA. According to his education, he attended Crossroads High School in Santa Monica, California, and graduated in 2002. He later attended the AFI Conservatory Film School in California. He is an American by nationality and his ethnicity is mixed with English, Scottish, Welsh, and Dutch. His race is white. From 2020 he celebrated his 37th birthday.
What was Charlie McDowell’s career like?
- Charlie McDowell’s Twitter feed, @charliemcdowell, was described by Time in 2011 as “one of the funniest Twitter feeds”.
- After a couple of years, Three Rivers Press published his book “Dear Girls Above Me,” based on his Twitter feed.
- His directorial debut was “The One I Love” with Mark Duplass and Elisabeth Moss, which celebrated its world premiere in January 2014 at the Sundance Film Festival. The film was released in August 2014.
- He then directed Sarah Silverman’s unnamed HBO series “Pilot” in 2015.
- His next film to direct was “The Discovery,” which premiered at Sundance Film Festival and was purchased by Netflix for worldwide release in 2017.
- That same year in March, he announced that he would adapt Don DeLillo’s novel “Zero K” as a limited series for FX, with Noah Hawley and Scott Rudin producing.
- He also directed an episode of Hawley’s Legion TV series, also for FX.
- He next directed the first and last episode of the Showtime series, “About Becoming a God in Central Florida” in 2019.
- He has also directed episodes for Silicon Valley, Dear White People, Tales from the Loop and Dispatches from Elsewhere.
- His next film “Gilded Rage” is based on the infamous murder of the investment banker Thomas Gilbert Sr., Bill Skarsgard and Christoph Waltz, who is supposed to portray the character at different periods of his life. Lily Collins will also star in the film.
What is the net worth of Charlie McDowell?
As of 2020, Charlie McDowell’s net worth is estimated at around $ 3 million. His main source of wealth is directing films. While Charlie’s exact salary earnings are not yet known, there is no doubt for his followers that his career is making a significant amount of money and that he is happy with his income. His other source of income is his writing (books) career. As of today, he’s living a cool lifestyle.
Who is Charlie McDowell Dating?
As for Charlie McDowell’s marital status, he is an unmarried man but is currently not single. He is currently in a relationship with his beautiful friend Lily Collins, who is an actress by profession. She is also the daughter of the English drummer and singer Phil Collins. She gave clues about their relationship by posting pictures of Charlie on her Instagram posts. Their relationship was made official by Instagram in August 2019. They announced their engagement on September 25, 2020. From now on the duo leads a happy life without disturbances. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay. He has a dog named Marvin.
Everything you should know about Lily Collins
He previously dated Kristin Chenoweth, Haylie Duff, Rooney Mara, Phoebe Tonkin and Emilia Clarke.
How tall is Charlie McDowell?
Charlie McDowell is a very handsome man. His physique is athletic. It is tall at 180.5 cm. His balanced body weight consists of 75 kg. He has light brown hair color and his eye color is green. He has short hair with a slim body figure. He takes great care of his body and from today leads a healthy life.
Did you know already?
- In 2005 he joined the American Film Institute as a director partner.
- In 2014 he made his film debut as a voice actor in the drama-fantasy film “The One I Love” as Madison.
- On June 4, 2013, he published a book with Three Rivers Press entitled “Dear Girls Above Me,” based on his Twitter feed.
- He also has a sibling, an older sister named Lilly (born January 22, 1981) and three younger half-brothers from his father’s marriage to Kelley Kuhr.