Brief facts from Will Ferrell
|Famous name||Will Ferrell|
|Birth Name||John William Ferrell|
|Date of birth||1967-07-16|
Ferrell also starred in several comedy films, including “Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy” (2004), “Talladega Nights” (2006), “Step Brothers” (2008) and “The Other Guys” (2010). Together with his comedy partner Adam McKay, he founded the comedy website “Funny or Die” in 2007. For his immense drama and comic works, Ferrel is considered a member of “Frat Pack” and even received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on March 24, 2015.
What is Will Ferrell famous for?
- Famous for his work on Saturday Night Live.
- His appearances in comedy films.
Where was Will Ferrell born? (Early life)
Will Ferrell was born on July 16, 1967 in Irvine, California, USA. His birth name is John William Ferrell. His nationality is American. Ferrell is of mixed ethnicity (English, Irish, distant German, and Welsh) while Cancer is his zodiac sign.
Will Ferrell was born to his parents’ eldest son; Roy Lee Ferrell Junior (father) and Betty Kay (mother). His father, Roy Lee, was a musician who played keyboards and saxophone with The Righteous Brothers, while his mother, Betty, was a teacher and taught at elementary school and Santa Ana College.
Will grew up with his younger brother named Patrick while his parents divorced when he was just 8 years old. He attended school in Cloverdale Elementary and later Rancho San Joaquin Middle School. He then attended University High School in Irvine and was a kicker for the school’s varsity soccer team, both the soccer team and the captain of the basketball team.
While he was in third grade he realized his talent for making other people laugh, and Irvine’s boredom helped grow his humor. In ninth grade, Will began doing comedy skits and writing their own material with a friend of his. He also played comedic skits on the school’s talent shows and was even voted “Best Person” by his classmates.
He then enrolled at the University of Southern California, where he graduated from Sports Broadcasting in 1990. Shortly after joining the Delta Tau Delta Brotherhood and doing an internship with a local TV station in the sports department, he wasn’t enjoying the job.
He soon realized that he didn’t want to become a sports broadcaster and looked for other jobs. Encouraged by his mother, Ferrell moved to Los Angeles in 1991 and successfully auditioned for the comedy group “The Groundlings”.
Will Ferrell’s career highlights
- Will Ferrell started his career when he became a prominent member of “The Groundlings” in 1994.
- Ferrell had his biggest break when he joined “Saturday Night Live” as the new cast member in 1995. He stayed with the SNL for over 7 years and hosted five times. He became a member of the show’s “Five-Timers Club”.
- While at SNL, he impersonated popular people, including President George Bush, and became popular for such acts.
- He made his film debut in 1997 in the spy comedy Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery.
- He then appeared in other popular films, “A Night at Roxbury,” “Superstar,” “Dick,” “Drowning Mona,” “Austin Powers: The Spy Who Insulted Me,” and “Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.” “Zoolander”.
- After leaving SNL, his first role in a film was as Frank “The Tank” Richard in “Old School” in 2003.
- In the same year he played as Buddy Hobs in “Elf”, also a leading role in “Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy” and “Starsky & Hutch”, for which he became very popular.
- In 2005, Will Ferrell starred in three films; “In Love with a Witch”, “Kicking and Shouting” and “The Producers”.
- In 2006, Ferrell starred in Stranger Than Fiction and Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby.
- A year later, in April 2007, Ferrell and his partner Adam McKay started the website “Funny or Die”.
- In 2009 he made his Broadway debut on a one-man show called “You’re Welcome America. One Last Night with George W. Bush”.
- He was then employed as Dr. Rick Marshall cast in “Land of the Lost” and played an uncredited role in “The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard”.
- He has appeared in several films including “Casa de Mi Padre”, “The Campain”, “Tim and Eric’s Billion Dollar Movie”, “Get Hard”, “Daddy’s Home” and “Zoolander”.
- He has even worked as a voice actor in several animated television programs and films; “The Oblongs”, “Curious George”, “The Lego Movie”.
Source: @ abcnews.go.com
Will Ferrell’s wife
Will Ferrell is married to his only wife, Viveca Paulin. Paulin is a Swedish actress with whom he first met in an acting class in 195. After nearly five years of marriage, the couple married on August 12, 2000, at a beautiful wedding attended by their friends and family.
Ferrell and Paulin have had a successful married life for almost 20 years. They are even blessed with their three sons Magnus Paulin Ferrell (* 2004), Mattias Paulin Ferrell (* 2006), and Axel Paulin Ferrell (* 2010).
The couple lives with their children in Orange County, California, and sometimes New York City. He was also a good athlete on March 12, 2015. He played five games in Major League Baseball Spring Training and is a partner in Los Angeles FC. He was also awarded an Honorary DHL Degree from the University of Southern California.
Will Ferrell’s fortune
Will Ferrell has made pretty good earnings from his professional comedian and actor career. After Ferrell began his career in 1994 as a member of “The Groundlings”, he has become one of the best comedians in his 25-year career.
His source of income is certainly his work in films, stints, series and shows. With his hard work and passion, Ferrell has amassed an estimated $ 100 million fortune.
Will Ferrell’s greatness
Will Ferrell is a handsome man with a well-groomed average build in his fifties. He stands tall with a height of 6 feet. 1.91 m (3 inches) while his body weighs about 98 kg (218 lbs). His body measurements include a 40-inch chest, a 34-inch waist, and 14-inch bicep height. He has a fair complexion with blonde hair and hazel green eyes.