Chanel Iman is an American model. She is best known for her work as a Victoria’s Secret Angel. At the age of 13 she started modeling at Ford Models. She can be seen in the music video for Usher’s song “Dive”. She has not previously appeared in any movie, but as a model, she was flashed in a TV movie titled “The Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show” in 2009, 2010 and 2011. She made her debut on television with the fashion show, “Ready to wear – Autumn / Winter 2006”, in which she worked for brands such as 3.1 Phillip Lim, Adam + Eve, Charles Nolan, Custo Barcelona, DKNY, Gen Art, Nicole Miller, Tory Burch ran. She also appeared on the Tyra Banks Show as a guest judge on America’s Next Top Model, Cycle 13, House of Style, and others. In 2006 she won the Ford “Supermodel of the World” competition in New York. She and her mother run a boutique called “The Red Bag Boutique” in Culver City, California, which they opened in 2010.
She was featured in the Kinect video game on XBOX Live Arcade. She had been linked to the FWD campaign by USAID and the Ad Council. She has numerous magazine covers and editorial appearances on Allure, Vogue, Elle, Flare, Harper’s Bazaar, Wish, Pop, Teen Vogue, iD, etc. Vogue Paris named her one of the top 30 models of the 2000s.
Brief facts about Chanel Iman
|Celebrated name||Chanel Iman|
|Age||31 years, 8 months and 18 days|
|Birth Name||Chanel Iman Robinson|
|Country of birth||United States of America|
|place of birth||Atlanta, Georgia|
|Hometown||Los Angeles, California|
|father||George “Tic” price|
|Secondary school||Fairfax High School|
|children||Cali and Cassie|
|Net worth||$ 9 million|
|Source of wealth||Modeling field|
|height||5 ft 10 in or 178 cm|
|Weight||51 kg or 112.5 pounds|
|Bra cup size||32A|
|Shoe size||8 (USA) or 38.5 (EU) or 5.5 (UK)|
|Body size||32-23-33 inches or 81-58-84 cm|
|Eye color||Dark brown|
What is Chanel Iman famous for?
- Be an American model.
- For her work as a Victoria’s Secret Angel.
Source: @ instagram.com / chaneliman
Where is Chanel Iman from? Know about her family, ethnicity, and hometown
Chanel Iman was born on December 1, 1990 with the maiden name Chanel Iman Robinson. She is from Atlanta, Georgia, USA. Her hometown is Los Angeles, California. She is American by nationality and mixed by ethnicity. She is of African American descent on her father’s side while she is of half Korean and half African American descent on her mother’s side. He was born to her father George “Tic” Price and mother China Robinson. There is no information about her siblings. Sagittarius is her zodiac sign and her religion is Baptist. She shortened her 31st birthday from 2021.
Through her educational background, she attended Fairfax High School in Los Angeles, USA.
Chanel Iman career timeline
- Chanel Iman began modeling at Ford Models as a child model in LA, California when she was only twelve years old.
- In 2006 she flew to New York, where she took third place in Ford’s Supermodel of the World competition.
- Her next step was to sign with the agency and appear in editions for Allure, Dubai, American and Ukrainian Harpers Bazaar, V, iD, Pop, Italian, British and Indonesian Elle, Italian Vanity Fair and several international Vogues.
- She was also on the cover of Teen Vogue with Karlie Kloss and Ali Michael, photographed by Patrick Demarchelier in February and July 2007. Not only that, but she was back on the cover in November 2009.
- Her other covers include American, British and Italian Elle, American and French L’Officiel, iD, Dubai and Ukrainian Harper’s Bazaar, Lula, Korean, Teen and American Vogue.
- In addition, she has also been on the catwalks of Burberry, Tom Ford, Gucci, Balenciaga, Max Mara, Versace, Yves Saint Laurent, Oscar de la Renta, Stella McCartney, DKNY, Moschino, Tommy Hilfiger, Jason Wu, Dior, Michael Kors , Hugo Boss, Ralph Lauren, Dolce & Gabbana, Kenzo, Hermés, Louis Vuitton, Alexander McQueen, Roberto Cavalli, Marc Jacobs, DSquared2, John Galliano and Bottega Veneta.
- In addition, she has also appeared in advertising campaigns for Jean Paul Gaultier, Dolce & Gabbana, Ralph Lauren, DKNY, Bottega Veneta, DSquared2, Dennis Basso, Swarovski, XOXO, Benetton, J. Crew, Barneys New York, Saks Fifth Avenue, Lord & Taylor, GAP, Express, Mizani and Victoria’s Secret.
- After that, she went to the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show in 2009, 2010 and 2011.
- She became a Victoria’s Secret Angel and was featured in several of the company’s campaigns in 2010.
- Regarding her television career, she appeared on an episode of the “Tyra Banks Show” with her mother in October 2007.
- She then appeared on September 9, 2009 as a correspondent on MTV’s short revival of “House of Style” alongside Bar Refaeli.
- She then appeared on September 9, 2009 as a guest judge at the two-hour season premiere of America’s Next Top Model, Cycle 13.
- She also appeared in an episode of America’s Next Top Model, cycle 23, and posed with the contestants for that cycle.
- She also appeared on an episode of Spike’s “Lip Sync Battle” in January 2016.
- She was also featured in the 2015 film Dope, which premiered at the 2015 Sundance Film Festival.
- In 2017 she starred in the original Crackle film “Mad Families”.
- Regarding her other projects, she opened a clothing boutique called The Red Bag in Culver City, California. It was 2010.
- She was also featured in Beyoncé’s music video for “Yonce”.
- She next starred in Singer Usher’s music video for “Dive” and The Weeknd’s music video for “Can’t Feel My Face”.
- In 2012 she attended the Met Ball with fashion designer Tom Ford.
- Intel released a Kinect video game on Xbox Live Arcade that featured Iman alongside LMFAO’s Chris Evans and Redfoo.
- She also signed a contract with the Utah-based electronics company “Skullcandy”.
- Focused on her philanthropic career, she traveled to East Africa on a work trip in 2011 and became one of a handful of celebrities involved in USAID and Ad Council’s FWD campaign, an awareness-raising initiative related to this year’s drought in East Africa.
- She is currently working on building elementary schools in impoverished rural areas in Tanzania and Uganda.
- She was selected by Vogue Editor-in-Chief Anna Wintour to co-host her Runway to Win fundraising event in Chicago in May 2011.
- She also designed a backpack to raise funds for President Barack Obama’s 2012 campaign.
Who is Chanel Iman married to?
Chanel Iman is a married woman. On December 2, 2017, she announced her engagement to New York Giants wide receiver Sterling Shepard. The couple married on March 3, 2018 at the Beverly Hills Hotel. The couple is also blessed with two daughters, namely Cali (born August 10, 2018) and Cassie (born December 17, 2019). The duo is currently enjoying their current life happily and undisturbed. Your sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
Back in 2008, her name was initially associated with film / television producer Ryan Leslie. From March 2009 to June 2009 she was with the American rapper Tyga (real name – Michael Ray Nguyen-Stevenson). Christopher Smith dated Chanel from August 2009. She then confirmed their relationship on Twitter later that year by referring to him as her “prince”. She dated Kanye West from December 2010 to August 2011. She is about 14 years younger than him, but 3 inches taller than him. From May 2012 to July 2012, the basketball player JR Smith was in a relationship with the supermodel. From early 2013 to October 2014, she was also dating rapper A $ AP Rocky. Basketball player Jordan Clarkson started dating Chanel from April 2015 to December 2015.
Source: @ instagram.com / chaneliman
What is the net worth of Chanel Iman?
Chanel Iman is a successful and talented model whose net worth is estimated at $ 9 million as of 2021. She has taken the ramp for various designers and brands: Amazon Smart is Beautiful, Barney’s New York, Blanco, Bottega Veneta, DKNY, Dolce & Gabbana, Dsquared2, Express, GAP, H&M, JCrew, Jean Paul Gaultier, Lord & Taylor, Ralph Lauren, Rosa Ch, Saks Fifth Avenue, Skull Candy Headphones, Target, United Colors of Benetton, Victoria’s Secret. Together with Jourdan Dunn and Joan Smalls, she was the summer ambassador for Sunglass Hut. Iman was a model for Amazon Fashion’s 2012 Christmas campaign. Her main source of wealth is her modeling career and today she lives a lavish lifestyle on her career earnings. She did not provide any information about her annual salary or her professional income.
Chanel Iman body measurements: how tall is she?
Chanel Iman is a sexy woman with a seductive body figure. She is slim build with a height of 5 feet 10 inches or 178 cm and her balanced body weight is 51 kg or 112.5 pounds. She has a pair of dark brown eyes and her hair color is black. As a black Victoria’s Secret Angel, she has often been dismissed by fashion designers for being black. She told the Times that she got this answer from many fashion designers: “We’ve already found a black girl. We don’t need you anymore”. Your body measurement is 32-23-33 inches or 81-58-84 cm. Her dress size is 2 (US) or 34 (EU) or 6 (UK) and her bra size is 32A. Your shoe size is 8 (US) or 38.5 (EU) or 5.5 (UK).