Tyra Banks also known as Banx is an American television personality, producer, model, businesswoman, actress, author and occasional singer. She began her career as a model at the age of 15 and was the first African-American woman to appear on the covers of GQ and Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue, on which she appeared twice. She was a secret Victoria angel from 1997 to 2005. In the early 2000s, Banks was one of the best earnings models in the world. In 2010, she published a novel for young adults entitled Modelland, based on her life as a model. In 2011, he was at the top of the New York Times bestseller list. Banks is one of four African-Americans and seven women who have been ranked among the most influential figures in the world by Time Magazine. She is also one of seventeen models to be granted MODELS.com's status as a legendary model.
Tyra Lynne Banks
Ty, Big Buddy, Lady T L B, BBQ
Former model, actress, TV host, author
Anniversary / Date of birth
Tyra Banks was born on December 4, 1973 in Inglewood, California, USA.
She is currently 45 years old.
Sign of the sun
Banks assisted John Burroughs College and graduated from High School Immaculate Heart in Los Angeles in 1991. Subsequently, she enrolled in Claremont McKenna College and Loyola Marymount College but, having had the chance to go to Europe for modeling, she put her education on hold at the age of 16.
- Father – Donald Banks (IT Consultant)
- Mother – Caroline London (now London-Johnson) (NASA photographer)
- Brothers and sisters – Devin Banks (5 years old brother)
Boyfriend / spouse
Tyra Banks dated –
- Craig Taylor (1990) – In 1990, Tyra began dating Craig Taylor, a first-year law student at Fordham University in Manhattan, 6 feet 6 inches tall. It's actually his school friend and they have known each other since their childhood.
- John Singleton (1993-1996) – From 1993 to 1996, American directors John Singleton and Tyra were at the rendezvous. They were introduced via a mutual friend and soon, Tyra got his turn via Higher Learning (1995), directed by Singleton.
- joint (1996) – The English musician Seal briefly dated Tyra in 1996. In this ephemeral relationship, the couple made a public appearance only once at the Essence Awards ceremony. They finally broke out in October 1996.
- Chris Webber (2001-2004) – Basketball players Chris Webber and Tyra Banks were romantically linked from December 2011 to September 2004. Over the past two and a half years, Tyra has often been seen at Sacramento Kings games. Rumors of their engagement also hit the internet, but everything cooled off once the couple separated in 2004.
- Giancarlo Marcaccini (2005-2006) – Giancarlo Marcaccini, Italian basketball player, dated from 2005 to 2006 from Banks.
- John Utendahl (2007-2011) – The American banker John Utendahl dated this model from 2007 to 2011. During these 4 years, they worked hard to keep their relationship secret. Whenever Tyra was interviewed, she declined to comment and John was never interviewed during this time.
- Erik Asla (2013) – Erik Asla, a Norwegian fashion photographer, met Tyra Banks in 2013. On January 27, 2016, Tyra gave birth to her son York Banks-Asla via a surrogate mother.
- Keith Carlos (2014) – For about a month, from January 2014 to February 2014, Tyra had a romantic relationship with her colleague, Keith Carlos. He is about 14 years old his junior.
- In feet – 5 feet 10 inches
- In centimeters – 178 cm
- In meters – 1.78 meters
- In kilograms – 64 kg
- In pounds – 141 lbs
- Measurements – 37-24-36
- Chest – 37 inches
- Cut – 24 inches
- hip – 35 inches
- Bra size – 32E
Tyra is naturally brown.
She wears shoes size 10.5 (US).
The size of the dress
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Work with Victoria's Secret as their angel and also with Sports Illustrated Swimsuit.
Banks played a role in the 1995 American drama Higher Learning for his role as Deja.
She made her debut with the Ready-to-Wear Fall / Winter 1992 show where she performed for Chanel.
In 1993, Tyra appeared in 8 episodes of the NBC sitcom The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air in which she represented Jackie Ames.
Tyra Banks Announced for Cover Girl, 3 Swiss, Alma Couture, Dolce & Gabbana, Elite Chocolate, Escada, H, H & M, Milk, Nike, Ralph Lauren, Rifat Ozbek, Swatch Skin, XOXO, Tommy Hilfiger, Victoria & # 39 Secret and Yves Saint-Laurent.
Awards and nominations
|2004||Teen Choice Awards||Reality TV / televised variety choice||The American supermodel||Appointed|
|2005||Choice TV Personality: Woman||Appointed|
|Online Film and Television Association Awards||Best Conference or Service Leader||The Tyra Banks Show||Appointed|
|2007||Teen Choice Awards||Choice TV: Personality||Next Top Model of America / The Tyra Banks Show||Won|
|Daytime Emmy Award||Exceptional talk show||The Tyra Banks Show||Appointed|
|ASTRA price||International personality or favorite actor||The American supermodel||Appointed|
|2008||Teen Choice Awards||Choice TV: Personality||Won|
|Daytime Emmy Award||Exceptional talk show / informative||The Tyra Banks Show||Won|
|2009||Daytime Emmy Award||Exceptional talk show / informative||The Tyra Banks Show||Won|
|2017||Teen Choice Awards||Choice TV: Personality||America has talent||Appointed|
|2019||Kids' Choice Awards||Favorite TV host||America has talent||Appointed|
Tyra Banks Favorites
- Favorite actor – Jack Nicholson
- Favorite actress – Meryl Streep
- Prefer Perfume – Demeter PMU
- Favorite color – Blue
- Favorite song – Kiss me (by Ed Sheeran)
Net worth of Tyra Banks
Tyra Banks has an estimated net worth to $ 90 million dollars from 2019.
Social media profiles
Some lesser known facts about Tyra Banks
- Tyra Banks began her modeling career at the age of 15, while she was still in school. After being rejected by four modeling agencies, she signed with L.A. Models.
- She faced the situation of Ugly Duckling (what she called herself) as a child. That's because she lost 30 pounds (13.6 kg) in three months and she also added three inches to her height.
- In 1990, she won a contract with Elite Model Management, after which she was offered the opportunity to model in Europe before moving to Milan. The following year, she achieved the remarkable feat of booking 25 fashion shows as a newcomer to Paris Fashion Week in 1991.
- TIME magazine has repeatedly ranked banks in their list of the most influential people. She became one of four African-Americans to have received this status.
- Oprah Winfrey is her model.
- She has a dog named Little TJ.
- In 1997, she became Victoria's Secret Angel and was featured in the Victoria's Secret lingerie catalog as the first black woman. The same year, she was named "Supermodel of the Year" by VH1.
- In 2005, she created her own talk show, The Tyra Banks Show, which focused on the issues faced by young women. The show, which has won two consecutive Daytime Emmy Awards, lasted five seasons.
- In February 2007, Tyra Banks became ashamed after some of her swimsuit pictures were published in magazines. She shamelessly displayed the same swimsuits on her show, gaining praise from critics as well as her audience.
- She launched her own website @ typef.com in March 2011, co-owned by Demand Media.
- In 2017, she is expected to replace Nick Cannon as the main host of America's Got Talent.
- Visit the official site of Tyra @ tyra.com.