Bianca Andreescu is a Canadian tennis player. She became the star when she defeated Serena Williams at the US Open 2019 and at the Rogers Cup.
Wiki / Biography
Bianca Andreescu Friday, June 16, 2000 (19 years old; as in 2019) in Mississauga, Canada. His zodiac sign is Gemini. She was educated at Bill Crothers High School in Markham, Canada. Bianca did not go to college to concentrate on her career. Although Bianca was born in Canada, her parents had emigrated from Romania and were of Romanian origin. A few years after Bianca's birth, her family returned to Romania at her birthplace. Bianca studied in Romania for a few years and is fluent in Romanian. His nickname is Bibi.
While she was in Romania, her parents made her try different sports. Bianca loved tennis but she excelled. From the age of 7, she started playing tennis regularly. A few years later, Bianca's family returned to Canada. After returning home, she joined the Ontario Racquet Club in Mississauga to train and play tennis. At the age of 11, Bianca signed up for the Team Canada National Under-14 Training Center in Toronto.
Height (approximately): 5 "7"
Eye colour: Dark brown
Hair color: Dark brown
Bianca Andreescu belongs to the Romanian Ancestry. His father, Nicu Andreescu, is an engineer. His mother, Maria Andreescu, is responsible for compliance in an investment firm.
- Civil status: Single
Bianca's first breakthrough took place in 2014, when she was selected by the Canadian Under-14 Team to represent her at the "Les Petits As" tournament in France. The Little Aces is the most prestigious under-14 tournament in the world. Bianca won the tournament and it's after winning this tournament that she's seriously interested in the tennis career. Once, during an interview, she stated that it was in France that she had signed her first autograph and granted her first interview, which gave her the impression that she was not there. to be special.
In 2014, she competed in many junior tournaments and she finished the year by winning the Orange Bowl in Florida. In 2015, Bianca made her debut at the International Tennis Federation (ITF) while competing in the 25K Gatineau race, but lost in the final. However, in December 2015, when she was only 15 years old, she became the first Canadian since 2009 to win the Orange Bowl Under-18 category A tournament.
In 2016, Bianca participated in the 2016 Gatineau National Bank Challenger Tournament and won her first ITF title. Romanian Simona Halep, a former friend of Bianca, also participated in the tournament. Simona saw the game of Bianca and she strongly advised him to become professional as soon as possible. Bianca followed her advice and she became a professional in 2017.
In 2017, Bianca participated and won two 25K titles. Subsequently, she took part in the "Citi Open" where she beat world number 13 Kristina Mladenovic. This victory also makes her the first player born in the 2000s to defeat a Top 20 player. Even though she did not win the title, she made herself known in the Citi Open. . 2019 turned out to be a decisive year for her. She won her first "125K WTA tournament" in Newport Beach, USA. She reached the semifinals of the Mexican Open. She also earned her top ranking of world number 60 after the Mexican Open.
In March 2019, she participated in "BNP Paribas Open" in Indian Wells, California. She defeated Angelique Kerber and won her first title on the WTA circuit. It also helped her become the world's number 24.
In August 2019, Bianca participated in the 2019 Rogers Cup (Canada Open). She reached the final and defeated Serena Williams, becoming the first Canadian since 1969 to win the Rogers Cup. She declares it as one of the greatest victories of her career because it brought joy and pride to her country.
In September 2019, she broke many records after defeating Serena Williams at the US Open. She became the first Canadian woman to win a Grand Slam singles title, the first woman to win the US Open in her debut and the first woman born in the 2000s to win a Grand Slam tournament. This also helped her to reach the world ranking No. 5.
Awards, distinctions and achievements
- The Fed Cup Heart Award (2017)
- Tennis Canada's "Player of the Year" Trophy (2017)
- "Female Athlete of the Year" Award to the 42nd Canadian Sport Awards (2019)
- Tennis player: Simona Halep, Kim Clijsters, Serena Williams, Venus Williams
- Song: "Inoubliable" by the French Montanna
- Movie: "Blame our stars"
- TV show: The anatomy of Gray
- Restaurant: 360 Restaurant in the CN Tower, Toronto, Canada
- Bianca enjoys doing yoga, meditation and listening to hip hop music.
- Whenever she has a match, she always listens to hip hop music before getting on the pitch.
- She is a dog lover and she has a dog called Coco.
- Bianca likes to take care of dogs. When she was a teenager, she brought stray dogs, bathed them, fed them, and then released them.
- His dog became famous during the US Open because his mother accompanied her with her during the matches and he was sitting on his lap.
- Her full name is Bianca Vanessa Andreescu. She likes her name and prefers it when people call her Vannesa; as her parents kept her after being inspired by the 1984 Miss America, Vanessa Williams.
- Bianca is a fan of baseball and basketball. She attends a match whenever she has the opportunity. His favorite baseball team is the Toronto Blue Jays and his favorite basketball team is the Toronto Raptors.
- After winning the Canadian Open, she received a big reception on her return to her hometown.
- After winning the US Open, Prime Minister of Canada, Justin Trudeau, congratulated her on Twitter. A few weeks after the US Open, he personally congratulated Bianca for an event organized to pay tribute to Bianca's achievements.