Simona Halep is a Romanian professional tennis player. She was ranked world No. 1 singles twice between 2017 and 2019. She reached the # 1 ranking for the first time on October 9, 2017. On her second occasion, she held the standings for 48 consecutive weeks. In total, she has been No. 1 for 64 weeks, ranking her tenth in the history of women's tennis. Halep was number 1 at the end of the year in 2017 and 2018. She is currently ranked 7th in the world on the WTA Tour and has won 18 WTA singles titles.
Professional tennis player
Right handed (two-handed backhand)
Anniversary / Date of birth
Simona Halep was born on September 27, 1991 in Constanţa, Romania.
She is currently 27 years old.
Sign of the sun
She has an Aromanian ancestry.
Halep received his initial training High school and started playing tennis at the age of 4.
- Father – Stere Halep (former football player)
- Mother – Tania Halep
- Brothers and sisters – Nicolae Halep (older brother), Luminita (sister)
Boyfriend / spouse
Simona Halep has an appointment –
- Horia Tecău – Simona Halep married Horia Tecău, a Romanian tennis player, at a private ceremony attended by close friends and their families. The couple has a daughter.
- In feet – 5 feet 6 inches
- In centimeters – 168 cm
- In meters – 1.68 meters
- In kilograms – 60 kg
- In pounds – 132 lbs
- Measurements – 37-26-35
- Chest – 37 inches
- Cut – 26 inches
- hip – 35 inches
- Bra size – 34B
She is wearing a shoe size 8 (US).
The size of the dress
Her dress size is 5 (US).
She became the second tennis player in the world in 2014.
Start of the tennis match
She played her first professional tennis match in 2006.
Movie & Television beginning
Simona has not appeared in any of the movies and television series.
His support includes popular brands such as Vodafone, Nike, Lacoste, Adidas and Hublot. She is the brand's ambassador for Mercedes-Benz Romania.
Simona Halep Favorites
- Favorite place – Paris
- Favorite tournament – Roland Garros (or Roland-Garros)
- Favorite color – Blue
- Favorite food – Milk chocolate, Pizza
Net value of Simona Halep
Simona Halep has a net worth estimated at $ 15 million dollars from 2019.
Social media profiles
Some lesser known facts about Simona Halep
- His family also owns and operates a dairy plant.
- At age 4, she started playing tennis after seeing her older brother practice the sport.
- At age 6, she played tennis every day.
- When she was young, Simona loved tennis players Justine Henin and Andrei Pavel.
- In 2008, at the age of 17, she started competing in junior competitions and entered the main draw as the ninth seeds at the Roland Garros Junior Championship.
- During her teenage years, Simona Halep was very uncomfortable playing tennis because of the heaviness of her chest. In 2009, she underwent breast reduction to relieve the physical discomfort felt during play and exercise.
- In 2009, she won $ 50,000 at a tournament in Makarska and attempted to qualify for a Grand Slam at the Roland Garros. The same year, she won a $ 25,000 FIT tournament in Maribor.
- In May 2010, she qualified for her first Grand Slam main game at Roland Garros but was beaten.
- In August 2010, she qualified for the main draw of the US Open and also lost there.
- In 2013, she was the most improved player of WTA.
- In February 2014, she competed in the Qatar Open to win six consecutive sets and the very first Premier 5 tournament. This allowed her to be on the list of the top five players and she became Romania's highest ranked rider. history of the WTA.
- In 2015, she won her ninth WTA title at the Shenzhen Open and her tenth title at the competition in Dubai.
- In 2016, she reached the semi-finals of the Sydney tournament. She lost her first match at the Fed Cup. Despite this defeat, she was chosen for the playoffs of Romania, the World Cup. She faced defeat later at Roland Garros and lost to Serena Williams at the US Open in 2016.
- In 2017, she won the title of favorite player of WTA fans.
- In 2018, she won her first ever double WTA title at the Shenzhen tournament with her partner Begu. She was defeated at the Australian Open but won the French Open title the same year.
- In 2018, she received the Cetăţean de Onoare, who named her Honorary Citizen of the City of Bucharest.
- In December 2018, Simona Halep was on ESPN's list of the 20 most dominant players of the year.
- In 2018, Halep let go of his former coaching staff and hired Thierry Van Cleemput as a new coach in February 2019.