Naomi Osaka is a professional right-handed tennis player who is famous for being the first Japanese to win a Tennis Grand Slam title (US Open Winner in 2018). The 2019 WTA world number 1 is slowly becoming an inspiration to many, especially young girls that with determination and hard work,
In the 2018 US Open, she won by defeating her idol, Serena Williams. So, to get influenced by his achievements you need to read further with us.
Naomi Osaka Bio Wiki 2020
|Native name||大坂 なおみ|
|Residence||Beverly Hills, California, United States|
|Born||October 16, 1997 (age 22)|
Chūō-ku, Osaka, Japan
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Turned pro||September 2013|
|Coach||Wim Fissette (2020–)|
|Prize money||US$ 14,770,234|
|Career record||222–133 (62.5%)|
|Highest ranking||No. 1 (January 28, 2019)|
|Current ranking||No. 9 (August 31, 2020)|
|Grand Slam Singles results|
|Australian Open||W (2019)|
|French Open||3R (2016, 2018, 2019)|
|Wimbledon||3R (2017, 2018)|
|US Open||W (2018, 2020)|
|Tour Finals||RR (2018, 2019)|
|Career record||2–14 (12.5%)|
|Highest ranking||No. 324 (April 3, 2017)|
|Grand Slam Doubles results|
|Australian Open||1R (2017)|
|French Open||2R (2016)|
|US Open||1R (2016)|
|Fed Cup||WG II PO (2018)|
|Hopman Cup||RR (2018)|
She grew up in a multicultural house; as her mother was born in Japan, and her father was born in Haiti.
Naomi is a right-handed player who has been coached by Patrick Tauma, Harold Solomon, David Taylor and Sascha Bajin. She turned pro in September 2013.
- The turning point in her career was 2014 Bank of the West Classic.
- Her favourite shot is Forehand.
- She was the WTA Newcomer of the Year in 2016.
- She was also the 1st Japaneseto win a Grand Slam title.
Naomi Osaka Personal Life
Osaka currently lives in Beverly Hills and considers her elder sister Mari to be her biggest rival on the tennis court.
Not much is known about Osaka’s personal life she is a shy person and doesn’t talk really talk to the media about her personal life.
- Her favorite destination is Tokyo.
- Naomi’s favorite tennis players are Serena Williams, Novak Djokovic. She even defeated her idol, Serena Williams, in the 2018 US Open.
- Naomi likes to play on Grass court.
- Her favorite coach is Richard Williams.
- Being Japanese, Naomi is fond of eating Sushi.
- She loves listening to Beyonce, Amanda Palmer, Hikaru Utata.
- Naomi’s favorite film is Planet of Apes.
- Open by Andre Agassi, is one of her favorite books.
As of March 2020, Naomi Osaka has a total net worth of about US$25 million. Her Meteoric rise to the top has made a huge impact on her earnings as well as her overall net worth.
- Naomi was 3 years old when her parents moved from Japan to New York; following their family disputes. Later, they settled down in Florida.
- Naomi and her sister use their mother’s surname instead of their father’s; because when they were in Japan, their “Osaka” surname made it easier for them to get admission in schools and get rented houses.
- Despite living in the U.S. since the age of 3, she represents Japan.
- The Osaka sisters began practising tennis at a young age under the guidance of their father, and later, they started getting professional training at the ProWorld Tennis Academy in Delray, Florida. Though her father wanted his daughters to play professional tennis under the United States Tennis Association, the lack of interest of the association in his daughters forced/compelled him to register his daughters with the Japanese Tennis Association.
- Whenever she gets time, she does philanthropic works, especially in Haiti.
- Naomi loves dogs and has a dog named Panda.