The Macedonian football professional is named after Goran Pandev. He plays for the current team, the Italian club Genoa. His playing position is forward. He is also the captain of the North Macedonian national football team and is the country. On March 24, 2009, the then President Branko Crvenkovski awarded him the medal for services to the country in recognition of his sporting achievements and his contribution to the development and popularization of sport in Macedonia as well as to the promotion of the country abroad. He started his football career at FK Belasica. While playing for the Nerazzurri, he garnered a number of honors including winning Serie A, Coppa Italia and the UEFA Champions League in 2010 as part of a triplet for the club. On April 22, 2021, he became the first Macedonian to score 100 goals in one of the five best European football leagues. He wears jersey number 10 for the North Macedonian national football team and he wears jersey number 19 for Genoa CFC
Brief facts about Goran Pandev
|Celebrated name||Goran Pandev|
|Age||38 years, 0 months and 0 days|
|Birth Name||Goran Pandev|
|Country of birth||SR Macedonia, Yugoslavia|
|place of birth||Strumica|
|children||3; Filipo, Ana and Sofia|
|Net worth||$ 1.5 million – $ 5.5 million|
|Source of wealth||Football career|
|height||1.84 m or 6 ft|
|Eye color||Pale green|
North Macedonia 3: 1 Austria, Euro Cup 2020: Gordon Pandev scorer of North Macedonia’s first goal at Euro 2020
Pandev holds the record for the most international goals in his country and it was his goal against Georgia that paved the way for North Macedonia’s historic qualification for Euro 2020. The national team of North Macedonia played their first game against Austria in Bucharest. However, the team got off to a bad start when the Austrians took the lead in the 18th minute through Stefan Lainer. But North Macedonia struck back just ten minutes later when its talisman striker and captain Goran Pandev met the Austrians after a defensive mix-up. Pandev became North Macedonia’s first goalscorer at a major football tournament.
- He is considered to be the greatest Macedonian striker of all time.
- As a fast, creative and hard-working left-footer with good technique, his opportunism and shooting accuracy, as well as his vision and passing ability, enable him to both score and shoot.
- Plays for the team, Genoa as a striker.
Where is Goran Pandev from?
Goran Pandev was born on July 27, 1983 in Strumica, SR Macedonia, Yugoslavia. He is currently 37 years old (as of 2020). He has Macedonian citizenship and his ethnic origin is Macedonian-white. Leo is his zodiac sign and his religion is Christian. He has not shared anything about his parents. He also has a sibling, a younger brother Sashko is also a soccer player. His education details have yet to be announced. He obtained Italian citizenship in Naples in 2019.
What was Goran Pandev’s football career like?
- Goran Pandev began his football career at FK Belasica, where he spent one season in the local Prva Liga before being signed by Serie A giant Internazionale in the summer of 2001 when he was just 18 years old.
- He was later loaned to Pandev in July 2002 to the Feeder Club Spezia, where he was a regular in Serie C1. He was loaned again, this time to the promoted Serie A Ancona.
- Then he was sent to the capital for a nominal fee of € 500 and stayed with Ancona until the end of the 2003-2004 season.
- He impressed in his first year at Lazio, scoring three goals in 29 games. In July 2005, 50 percent of his registration rights were transferred to Udinese in exchange for David Pizarro’s move to the Milan Club and in June 2006 he bought the remaining 50 percent of his registration rights from Udinese for 4 million euros.
- On September 26, 2009, after his dispute with Lazio chairman Claudio Lotito, he officially requested the dissolution of his contract with Lazio.
- On January 4, 2010, he signed a four-and-a-half year contract with Inter Milan wearing the number 27 jersey and made his debut in the 1-0 away win against Chievo on January 6 as a starter at Inter.
- On May 22, 2010, Inter won the UEFA Champions League in the final against Bayern Munich. Pandev played 79 minutes, becoming the third Macedonian soccer player in history to ever win this championship.
- He started the new season on August 21 by winning the Supercoppa Italiana 2010 and equalized against Roma in a 3-1 home win for the first silver medal of the season.
- He was also a substitute when Inter lost the 2010 UEFA Super Cup to Atlético Madrid.
- He was also part of the team that competed in the 2010 FIFA Club World Cup in December 2010 and made his debut in the competition by playing a full 90 minutes in a 3-0 semi-final win over Seongnam Ilhwa Chunma.
- On December 18, in the final against Congo’s TP Mazembe, he scored his first goal in a grand final in 13 minutes when Inter won 3-0 to take home the trophy.
- In the final of the 2011 Coppa Italia against Palermo on May 29, 2011, he entered the second half and provided Diego Milito’s assist in the 92nd minute to make it 3-1.
- He later moved to Napoli on loan on August 26, 2011 and moved permanently from Inter to Napoli on June 6, 2012.
- He was substituted on for Gonzalo Higuaín in the last 20 minutes of the final of the 2014 Coppa Italia, in which Napoli beat Fiorentina 3-1.
- On September 1, 2014, he signed a 1 + 1 year contract with the Turkish club Galatasaray worth 2.4 million euros per year.
- He later signed a two-year deal with Italian club Genoa in 2015 after missing playing time at Galatasaray.
- He planned to retire at the end of the 2019-20 season but extended his contract to 2021 after the Euro 2020 was postponed.
Source: @ instagram.com / goranpandev19
What was Goran Pandev’s international career like?
- Goran Pandev made his debut for Macedonia in an away FIFA World Cup qualifier against Turkey in June 2001.
- He made his 100th international match in a 3-1 home win against Latvia in qualifying for UEFA Euro 2020 in March 2019.
- He scored the team’s only goal in North Macedonia’s 1-0 play-off win against Georgia in November 2019.
Honors, awards and successes
- Italian Cup: 2008-09
- Serie A: 2009-10
- Italian Cup: 2009-10, 2010-11
- Italian Supercup: 2010
- UEFA Champions League: 2009-10
- FIFA Club World Cup: 2010
- Italian Cup: 2011-12, 2013-14
- Super League: 2014-15
- Turkish Cup: 2014-15
- Macedonian Footballer of the Year: 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010
- Italian Cup Top Scorer: 2008-09, 2016-17
Who is Goran Pandev married to?
Goran Pandev is a married man. He tied the knot with his beautiful wife Nada Pandeva. The couple is also blessed with three children named Filipo, Ana and Sofia. The duo is enjoying their current life happily and undisturbed. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
Source: @ instagram.com / goranpandev19
In 2020, Goran auctioned the shirt he wore in the game in which he won his 100th international match for North Macedonia for a hospital in the fight against the coronavirus pandemic. In 2010 he founded a football academy called Akademija Pandev in his home country of North Macedonia. Your national team now plays in the top division of North Macedonia.
What is Goran Pandev’s net worth?
Goran Pandev is a professional soccer player whose net worth is estimated at $ 1.5 million to $ 5.5 million. His main source of wealth is his football career and he is content with his income. As of 2020, his salary is £ 624,000. His annual salary will be £ 884,000 as of 2021. Its current value is 500,000 euros (as of May 2021). Its highest market value was on July 3, 2008 at EUR 18.00 million. Since today he has been living a luxurious lifestyle.
How tall is Goran Pandev?
Goran Pandev is a very cool man with a height of 1.84 m and a balanced weight of 74 kg. His other height is currently unknown. His hair color is black and his eye color is light green. Overall, he has a healthy body with an athletic build. His distinguishing feature is his haircut.