Viola Davis is an American actress and producer. Time magazine named her one of the 100 most influential people in the world in 2012 and 2017. She won the 2010 Tony Award for best actress in a play for playing Rose Maxson in the revival of the play Theater of August Wilson, Fences. In 2014, Davis began playing lawyer Annalize Keating in the television series How to Get Away with Murder. In 2015, she became the first black woman to win the Primetime Emmy Award for best actress in a drama series. In 2016, Davis played Amanda Waller in the Suicide Squad superhero movie and took over the role of Maxson in the film adaptation of Fences, winning the Academy Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role.
Anniversary / Date of birth
Viola Davis was born on August 11, 1965 in St. Matthews, South Carolina, USA.
She is currently 54 years old.
Los Angeles, California, United States
Sign of the sun
Davis attended Central Falls High School alma mater to which she credits in part her love of the theater and her involvement in the arts. While enrolled at the West Warwick, Rhode Island School for the Performing Arts, Davis' talent was recognized by program director Bernard Masterson. Graduate from high school, Davis studied at University of Rhode Islandspecializing in theater and graduating in 1988. Then she attended the Juilliard School for four years and was a member of the School Theater Group 22 (1989-93).
- Father – Dan Davis (horse trainer)
- Mother – Mary Alice (housekeeper, factory worker, housewife, civil rights activist)
- Brothers and sisters – Five brothers and sisters
Boyfriend / spouse
Viola Davis has dated –
- Julius Tennon (2003-present) – American actor and producer Julius Tennon has been married to Viola Davis since 2003. In 2011, Davis and her husband adopted a young girl, Genesis Tennon. Davis is the mother-in-law of Tennon's son and daughter of previous relationships.
- In feet – 5 feet 5 inches
- In centimeters – 165 cm
- In meters – 1.65 meters
- In kilograms – 59 kg
- In pounds – 130 lbs
- Measurements – 37-28-36
- Chest – 37 inches
- Cut – 28 inches
- hip – 36 inches
- Bra size – 34C
She is wearing a shoe size 7.5 (US).
The size of the dress
Her dress size is 6 (US).
Viola Davis is best known for her leading role in the 2011 edition of Help.
In 1992, Viola Davis played as Denise in As You Like It.
In 1996, Viola Davis played the role of nurse in the movie The Substance of Fire.
In 1996, Viola Davis appeared in an anonymous role in the TV series NYPD Blue.
In February 2017, she became brand ambassador for CoverGirl.
Awards and nominations
She won a Primetime Emmy Award and two Screen Actors Guild Awards. For her work in the theater, she won two Tony Awards and three Drama Desk Awards. For her work in film, she won an Academy Award, a British Academy Film Award, a Golden Globe Award, three Critics' Choice Movie Awards and three Screen Actors Guild Awards. In addition, she has been nominated three times at the Oscars, and Octavia Spencer has become the most nominated black actress in history.
Viola Davis Favorites
- Favorite actress – Meryl Streep
- Favorite role – Terry Randolph in Law & Order: Criminal Intention
- Favorite food – Turkey burgers and french fries
- Favorite movie – Titanic
- Favorite food – Pasta
- Favorite show – Gossip Girl
Viola Davis net worth
Viola Davis has a net worth estimated at $ 12 million dollars from 2019.
Social media profiles
Some lesser known facts about Viola Davis
- She was born in the old Singleton plantation and is the fifth child of six children of her parents.
- In 1998, she played a small role in Steven Soderbergh's Out of Sight.
- In 2001, she appeared as a mother who fights for the right to abort a pregnancy in the King Hedley II play. Davis received the Tony Award for this Broadway play.
- In 2001, Viola Davis won the Tony Award for Best Actress in a Play, as well as the Drama Desk Award for representing her character Tonya in King Hedley II.
- In 2008, Davis played Ms. Mueller in the film adaptation of Doubt, Broadway's play, alongside Philip Seymour Hoffman, of Meryl Streep.
- In 2011, Davis donated funds to the public library of his hometown in Central Falls, Rhode Island, to help prevent its closure due to a lack of funding from the city.
- In 2011, she won two Screen Actors Guild Awards in the category Help in the Outstanding Performance categories of an actress in a lead role and Outstanding Performance of a cast in a movie.
- In 2012, Time magazine ranked Davis among the most influential personalities in the world. Also in 2012, Glamor magazine named Davis Glamor's Actress of the Year.
- On June 12, 2012, Meryl Streep, her friend and Oscar winner, presented the Crystal Award to Women in Film.
- In 2014, she won the Screen Actors Guild Award for outstanding performance in a dramatic series entitled How to Get Out of Murder.
- In 2015, Davis appeared in Blackhat, a thriller directed by Michael Mann with Chris Hemsworth. Davis was also Executive Producer of the crime drama film Lila & Eve, with herself and Jennifer Lopez in lead roles.
- In 2015, she won the Screen Actors Guild Award for outstanding performance in a drama series for Fences. In the same year, she won the drama series in the series "Drama" for How to Get Away from Murder.
- In 2016, Davis starred in the Custody Hearing drama, in which she was also Executive Producer and portrayed Amanda Waller in the movie Suicide Squad, an adaptation of the DC Comics series of the same name .
- In 2016, she won the prestigious Oscar for Best Performance of an Actress in a Supporting Role for Fences. The same year, she received the British Academy of Television and Film Arts (BAFTA) for Best Actress in a Supporting Role for the same role.
- On January 6, 2017, Meryl Streep, co-star and friend of Doubt, presented to the 2,597 starring Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- In September 2017, Davis launched the 30-day $ 30,000 project with Hunger Is, awarding a $ 1,000 grant to the Rhode Island Community Food Bank in his home state.
- In 2018, Davis donated funds to his alma mater, Central Falls High School, for his theater program.
- In 2018, Davis starred in Steve McQueen's thriller Wistows, an adaptation of the popular British mini-series of 1983.
- On March 13, 2018, Davis shared the cover of the book on his Twitter account. The book was published by Penguin / Random House on September 4, 2018.