Toni Collette is an Australian actress and musician, known for her work as an actor on stage, on television and in film, as well as for a secondary career as lead singer of the band Toni Collette & The Finish. She has received six AACTA Awards, a Primetime Emmy Award, a Golden Globe Award and a Screen Actors Guild Award. She has been nominated twice for a British Academy Film Award and twice for an Academy Award and a Tony Award.
Actress, Musician, Producer, Author
Hoola Hoop Records
Anniversary / Date of birth
Toni Collette was born on November 1, 1972 in Glebe, New South Wales, Australia.
She is currently 46 years old.
Sign of the sun
She is of English, Irish and Scottish descent.
Toni attended Blacktown Girls' High School until the age of 16 and then attended at once Australian Theater for Youth and National Institute of Dramatic Art.
- Father – Bob Collett (trucker)
- Mother – Judith Collett (Account Manager)
- Brothers and sisters – Ben Collette (brother), Christopher Collette (brother)
Boyfriend / spouse
Toni Collette dated –
- Jonathan Rhys Meyers (1998-1999) – Toni was from 1998 to 1999 with Jonathan, an Irish actor who was co-starring in the movie Velvet Goldmine (1998).
- Dave Galafassi (2002 to date) – Dave and Toni were married on January 11, 2003 after being engaged for a year. They have two children together, Sage Florence (born January 9, 2008) and Arlo Robert (born April 22, 2011).
- In feet – 5 feet 8 inches
- In centimeters – 173 cm
- In meters – 1.73 m
- In kilograms – 59 kg
- In pounds – 130 lbs
- Measurements – 34-25-35
- Chest – 34 inches
- Cut – 25 inches
- hip – 35 inches
- Bra size – 32C
She wears shoes of size 9.5.
The size of the dress
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Act in movies and TV shows like A Country Practice. She has appeared in numerous movies and TV shows, including Spotswood, The Sixth Sense, The Wild Party, About a Boy, Watchwatchers, Lucky Them, The Hostages, The Muriel Wedding, Return of Xander Cage, among others.
Toni Collette made her film debut as Wendy Robinson in the 1992 film Spotswood (The Efficiency Expert).
Toni Collette has released the album Beautiful Awkward Pictures (2006) under the band Toni Collette & The Finish. There were 11 songs including This Moment is Golden, Mosaic Life and Look Up.
In 1990, she made her television debut as Tracy on A Country Practice.
Toni has not yet appeared in an advertisement for any brand.
Awards and nominations
Toni Collette Favorites
- Favorite movies – Harold and Maude, eternal Sun of the spotless spirit, Noise of music, Break the waves, Conditions of love
- Prefer Restaurant – Tertulia in the West Village
- Favorite vacation spot – Blancaneaux Lodge in Belize
- Favorite color – Blue
- Favorite song – Kiss me (by Ed Sheeran)
Toni Collette net worth
Toni Collette has a net worth estimated at $ 18 million dollars in 2019. Toni appeared in dozens of popular films and starred in Tara for four seasons on United States of Tara, a role that earned her Best Actress, Golden Globe and Emmy.
Social media profiles
Some lesser known facts about Toni Collette
- Growing up, she was a tomboy and played a nurturing role for the family's cats, birds, dogs and rabbits.
- She left school at age 16 to pursue an acting career.
- She is co-owner of a production company in Australia.
- Toni is in the restaurant business and owns the Fat Collette Burger chain in Canberra.
- She has a football team, the Sydney Angels.
- She has a brand of vodka, a very popular perfume and a fashion line.
- Toni developed bulimia after gaining weight quickly to play a role in Muriel's marriage.
- She also had to gain 25 kilos for her role in the movie In Her Shoes.
- She suffered panic attacks for 8 months after breaking up with her boyfriend Jonathan.
- His role in The Wild Party earned him a Tony Award in 2000.
- In 2000, she was the voice of Meg Bluegum Bunyip's mother in The Magic Pudding, inspired by Norman Lindsay's famous children's book.
- In October 2006, she began touring Australia to promote her first vocal album, Beautiful Awkward Pictures, released on Hoola Hoop Records as Toni Collette & the Finish, a band for which her husband plays drums.
- In 2007, she participated in the Cannes Film Festival as a member of the jury.
- In 2008, Collette took the lead role in Tara's Showtime, USA drama series.
- In 2009, while her daughter was only 9 months old, she had to return to work for the film Mary and Max.
- She had to learn sign language for The Black Balloon.
- In 2013, Collette was hailed by critics for her work in The Way, Way Back in Pam, alongside Steve Carell and Sam Rockwell, and Enough Said as Sarah, with Julia Louis-Dreyfus and James Gandolfini.
- In 2014, Collette played in the ill-received tragi-comedy A Long Way Down, starring Pierce Brosnan and Aaron Paul.
- In September 2015, Collette joined the cast for the cinematic adaptation of Craig Silvey's Australian novel, Jasper Jones, and voiced the two emusives Beryl and Cheryl in Blinky Bill the Movie.
- In 2017, she creates with Jen Turner a production company, Vocab Films, and acquires the rights to the novel and screenplay Graeme Simsion, The Best of Adam Sharp.
- In July 2017, it was announced that Vocab Films would team up with RadicalMedia to develop Julia Dahl's novel Invisible City for Television.
- In June 2018, Collette gave a performance acclaimed in the horror film A24 Hereditary.