Clifford Joseph Harris Jr. or YOU. He is an American rapper, record producer and actor famous for his contribution to rap music after he introduced Trap as a new form of rap music and gained great popularity. Out of all, his collaborative efforts with Lil Wayne have proven to be the greatest successes of his career. He received the gold certificate for his sixth studio album in 2008 entitled "Paper Trail" and received three Grammy awards in different categories. However, despite all the fame and success, life has not been easy for the rapper, as he could qualify as a "favorite son of controversy." But despite all the difficulties, Harris continues to grow as an artist and has also appeared as an actor in some films and has published two novels. Let's learn more about the rapper through this article.
Who are the parents of T.I.?
Remembering his early life, T.I. He was born in Atlanta, Georgia, son of Violeta Morgan and Clifford Harris as Clifford Joseph Harris Jr. He was raised primarily by his grandmother in the Center Hill neighborhood of Atlanta, while his parents stayed in New York for professional reasons. A few years later, his father died of Alzheimer's disease and Harris received a shock that would haunt him for years to come.
At 8, T.I. He explored the world of rap and began writing his lyrics. He dropped out of Douglass High School and gave himself up to drugs in early adolescence, an addiction that wouldn't leave him for decades after that. He was such a troubled child that when he turned 14 he had already been jailed several times. But his love for rap music kept him strong during difficult times and when he turned 16, he began to create mixtapes with the help of his friends and sold them through the trunks of his car. Finally, his talent was recognized and Ghet-O-Vision's records enrolled him and T.I. I have an advantage.
When did T.I. start rapping?
- Speaking of his career, T.I. He started rapping at age eight. It was once known as Rubber Band Man, a reference to the custom of using rubber bands around the wrist to denote wealth in terms of drugs or money.
- In 1996, T.I. He befriended the local rapper Big Kuntry King, together they sold mixtapes from the trunk of his car. Kawan "KP" Prather, a record executive, discovered T.I. and then he signed it with his record label Ghet-O-Vision Entertainment.
- By signing with the subsidiary of Arista Records, LaFace Records, in 1999, shortened his name from Tip to T.I., out of respect for his fellow label Q-Tip.
- YOU. He released his debut album, I & # 39; m Serious, in October 2001 through Arista Records. The album generated the single of the same name with Jamaican reggae artist Beenie Man on June 26, 2001. The single received little diffusion and could not be included in the list.
- YOU. he released his second album Trap Muzik on August 19, 2003, through Grand Hustle Records; debuted at number four and sold 109,000 copies in its first week. Following its release, Trap Muzik received generally favorable reviews from most music critics, who generally regarded it as a great improvement over their debut album, I'm Serious. This included Complex naming the album one of the classic albums of the last decade in 2012. On February 20, 2013, allhiphop.com placed it as # 5 as the best Southern hip-hop album of all time.
- YOU. He released his third studio album, Urban Legend, in November 2004. He debuted at number seven on the US Billboard 200, selling 193,000 copies in his first week. His third single "ASAP" reached number 75 on the US charts, number 18 on the US R & B / Hip-Hop charts and number 14 on the Rap list. In the same year. YOU. He appeared on the hit single "Soldier" by Destiny & # 39; s Child, alongside New Orleans-raised rapper Lil Wayne, who reached number three on the Hot 100 list.
- T.I.'s fourth album, King, debuted at number one on the Billboard 200 list in the first half of 2006, selling 522,000 copies in its first week. YOU. released "Front Back" and "Ride with Me" as promotional singles before the album was released. Singles attracted little attention.
- YOU. released his fifth album, T.I. vs. T.I.P., on July 3, 2007. The main single from the album was "Big Shit Poppin & # 39; (Do It)", which was produced by Mannie Fresh and was released to radio stations on April 17, 2007.
- In early 2008, T.I. collaborated with Mariah Carey on the remix "I & # 39; ll Be Lovin & # 39; U Long Time", reaching number 58 in the United States Hot 100 and number 36 in the Hot R & B / Hip-Hop Songs
- On March 26, 2010, T.I. He was released from a house halfway where he had been serving the rest of his prison sentence for possession of weapons. Shortly after its release, he was in the studio working on his seventh studio album entitled King Uncaged.
- On September 30, 2011, T.I. He released "I & # 39; m Flexin & # 39;", the first promotional single from his next eighth studio album. The song features voices and production of Big K.R.I.T. YOU. met with Young Jeezy in "F.A.M.E." for the Jeezy album TM103.
- T.I.'s ninth album, Paperwork, was released on October 21, 2014. Following its release, the album debuted at number two on the US Billboard 200. UU., With sales in the first week of 80,000 copies in the United States.
- T.I., in collaboration with several southern rappers, collectively known as Bankroll Mafia, released a self-titled album on April 22, 2016. On May 16, 2016, T.I. released a single titled "Dope," produced by West Coast hip hop record producer Dr. Dre.
- T.I., along with Chance the Rapper and Cardi B, will be judges of Netflix's Rhythm + Flow, a 10-part quest for hip-hop talents that will premiere in 2019.
- In addition to rapping, T.I. He has also been very active as an actor and novelist. He has starred in & # 39; Ant-Man & # 39 ;, & # 39; American Gangster & # 39 ;, & # 39; Takers & # 39 ;, & # 39; Get Hard & # 39; and & # 39; Identity Thief & # 39 ;. His novels have also been moderately successful. Titled "Power and beauty" and "Problems and triumph," his novels are motivating in his themes and strong in language.
Who is T.I. Dated?
Reflecting on his personal life, T.I. It was rich in the relationship. He dated many girls in his life. Currently, I was in a relationship with the Puerto Rican model Bernice Burgos. They have been dating since October 2016. As of now, the couple enjoys their love life without negative rumors such as separation or affairs.
Before her, T.I. It has numerous relationships. They are Tameka Cottle (2010 – 2016), Jasmin Jaye (2013 – 2015), Nicole Alexander (2006 – 2010), Ranniqua (1999 – 2001) and Lashon Dixon (1195 – 2001).
What is the net worth of T.I.?
As rapper and actor, T.I. Earn a decent amount of money and fame in the field of the entertainment industry. According to online sites, its estimated net worth is $ 50 million today. However, his salary has not yet been revealed.
How tall is T.I.?
Observing the statistics of his body, T.I. It is 5 feet 8 inches tall and weighs around 69 kg. It has a pair of dark brown eyes and black hair. In addition, his chest, biceps and waist measure 39-13.5-33 inches.