Kamala Harris is a US lawyer and politician who has been serving as US Senator to California since 2017. As a member of the Democratic Party, she was previously 27th San Francisco District Attorney from 2004 to 2011 and 32nd Attorney General of California from 2011 to 2017. She is a candidate for the Democratic nomination for the presidency of the United States in the 2020 elections.
Kamala Harris Lifestyle, Wiki, Net Worth, Income, Salary, House, Cars, Favorites, Affairs, Awards, Family, Facts & Biography
Kamala Devi Harris
Anniversary / Date of birth
Kamala Harris was born on October 20, 1964 in Oakland, California, United States.
She is currently 54 years old.
California, United States
Sign of the sun
She has a Tamil ancestry on her mother’s side and a Jamaican ancestry on her father’s side.
Kamala Harris is a graduate of Westmount High School in Quebec, Canada. She then registered Howard University in Washington, D.C. where she specialized in economics and political science. Harris returned to California, where she earned her Juris Doctor (J.D.) from University of California, Hastings College of the Law in 1989.
- Father – Donald Harris (Professor of Economics, Stanford University)
- Mother – Shyamala Gopalan Harris (Breast Cancer Researcher)
- Brothers and sisters – Maya Lakshmi Harris (younger sister) (lawyer, public policy advocate, TV commentator)
- Relatives – Father Gopalan (maternal grandfather) (Indian diplomat), Rajam (maternal grandmother)
Boyfriend / spouse
Kamala Harris had an appointment –
- Phil Bronstein (2004) – Harris began dating journalist and editor Phil Bronstein in 2004. Their relationship was short-lived and they separated at the end of the year.
- Douglas Emhoff (2014 to date) – Kamala Harris married California lawyer Douglas Emhoff on August 22, 2014 in Santa Barbara, California. The couple does not have children but Emhoff has two children from his previous relationship.
- In feet – 5 feet 2 inches
- In centimeters – 157 cm
- In meters – 1.57 m
- In kilograms – 59 kg
- In pounds – 130 lbs
- Measurements – 34-25-34
- Chest – 34 inches
- Cut – 25 inches
- hip – 34 inches
- Bra size – 32D
The size of the dress
Her dress size is 6 (US).
She is wearing a shoe size 6 (US).
Harris is considered a prime candidate for the 2020 Democrat nomination for the United States presidency in the 2020 presidential election in the United States.
In October 2009, Kamala Harris made her first appearance on a TV show in the talk show News, Hannity.
Kamala Harris has not yet done any endorsement work for any brand.
Kamala Harris Favorite
His favorite things are unknown.
Kamala Harris Net worth
Kamala Harris has an estimated net worth to $ 4 million in 2019. According to their 2016 Sacramento Bee income tax returns, they had paid approximately $ 450,000 in state and federal income taxes.
Social media profiles
Some lesser known facts about Kamala Harris
- When she was seven, her parents divorced and her mother had custody of the children. She decided to move to Montreal, Quebec, with the children because she had obtained a research position at the Jewish General Hospital. She has also taught at MacGill University.
- When Kamala was 12, her mother took them to Canada while she found a job in research. She returned to the United States for her graduate studies.
- In 1990, she was admitted to the California State Bar.
- In 1990, Harris began working as an Assistant District Attorney in Alameda County, California. She had decided to pursue a career in law enforcement because she wanted to be in a place where decisions were made. She held this position until 1998.
- In 2003, after being elected attorney for San Francisco, she made a breakthrough in her career. She became the first woman, Black and South Asian, to hold such a position.
- In 2003, she managed to defeat outgoing incumbent Terence Hallinan to two terms to become city and county attorney for San Francisco.
- In 2004, the National Urban League singled out Harris as a woman of power.
- In 2004, Harris asked for an increase in the bail of defendants involved in gun crimes. She argued that the small amount of the bond encouraged foreigners to commit crimes in San Francisco.
- In 2005, she received the Thurgood Marshall Award from the National Black Prosecutors Association.
- In 2009, Harris prosecutors won a smaller percentage of their jury trials than their counterparts in the offices of the 10 largest cities in California.
- In 2011, she defeated Steve Cooley to become California’s Attorney General, a position she held until 2017. In taking this position, she became the first Attorney General of Jamaican and Indo descent American in California.
- In 2012, Harris participated in the national mortgage settlement against five banks, guaranteeing a $ 12 billion debt reduction from state owners and a total of $ 26 billion.
- On February 12, 2015, Harris announced that she would be creating a new agency called the Children’s Justice Bureau.
- In 2016, Harris was the only Democratic Senate candidate to receive a campaign contribution from Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin. Mnuchin donated $ 2,000 to the Harris campaign.
- In 2016, Harris announced his candidacy for the US Senate elections in California after the announcement of the retirement of Senator Barbara Boxer. Harries raised about $ 2.5 million for her campaign and was the precursor of the election campaign. She won the 2016 senatorial elections by defeating Sanchez with 62% of the vote.
- In October 2016, Harris announced the arrest of Carl Ferrer, CEO of Backpage, under the charge of bribery of a minor, procuring and conspiracy to commit it. The arrest warrant alleged that 99% of Backpage’s income was directly attributable to prostitution-related advertising, many of which involved victims of trafficking for sexual purposes, including children under 18 years of age.
- In 2019, she published the book The Truths We Hold: An American Journey via Penguin Press.
- Visit his official website @ kamalaharris.org.