The United States was born Walt Harris is an American mixed martial artist and has been a heavyweight in the Ultimate Fighting Championship since 2011. Previously he was also active for the Titan FC. As of May 22, 2019, he is # 14 in the official UFC Heavyweight Rankings. Let's learn more about the fighter in this article.
The third suspect was arrested in connection with the missing stepdaughter of Walt Harris
Source: @ thebigticket205
A third suspect has been arrested and charged with 19-year-old Aniah Blanchard, the stepdaughter of UFC heavyweight Walt Harris, has disappeared. Lee's district attorney, Brandon Hughes, confirmed on Monday that David Johnson, Jr., was arrested in Montgomery, Alabama, and charged with obstructing the prosecution of Blanchard's disappearance.
Johnson's arrest follows the arrest and prosecution of two other suspects, Ibraheem Yazeed and Antwon Fisher. Details of Johnson's arrest have not yet been announced, as the judge had issued a gagging order against him as part of the ongoing investigation.
On Monday, the authorities also issued a statement that human remains were found that they consider Blanchard. The remains were found in Macon County, Ala, between Auburn, where Blanchard was last seen, and Montgomery, where her vehicle was recovered two days after the news that she was missing.
Blanchard had not been seen since October 23 when she was seen on surveillance video at a local supermarket in Auburn. An eyewitness later came forward and identified Yazeed as the man he saw when he forced Blanchard into her car against her will. Forensic evidence later revealed blood in the car suggesting a "life-threatening" injury, and the police believed Blanchard had been injured and likely to be the victim of crime. Harris was a veteran of 13 fights in the UFC and asked for help in finding his missing stepdaughter since she disappeared in late October.
Where was Walt Harris born?
Walt Harris was born Walter Jermaine Harris in Birmingham, Alabama, USA. He has American citizenship and is a member of the African-American ethnic group. In addition, his star sign is Gemini. Information about his parents and siblings had yet to be announced.
In terms of education, he earned his Associate Degree in Physical Education from Jacksonville State University, Jacksonville, Alabama, and Pikeville College, Pikeville, Kentucky.
When did Walt Harris start fighting?
- On the way to his career, Harris began his martial career with Extreme Fighting and won his first professional MMA fight against Justin Thornton. He then fought for many smaller MMA belts including Cage Combat, Fight Force International, Superior and Strike Hard.
- Afterwards, Harris was featured in a fight reality show: The Ultimate Fighter: Team Rousey vs. Team Tate Finals and he fought against Jared Rosholt, but suffered a unanimous loss in the TUF.
- On January 25, 2014, he fought against Nikita Krylov at UFC on Fox: Henderson Vs. Thomson and lost his very first UFC TV appearance in round 1 by a TKO (head kick and punches). He then fought against Soa Palelei at UFC Fight Night: Rockhold Vs. Bisping suffers another TKO loss on his third TV appearance.
- After his defeat in three fights, Walt Harris fought at UFC 197 against Cody East and eventually won the game on April 23, 2016 via TKO (Punches) in Round 1. On October 1, 2016, he fought UFC Fight against Shamil Abdurakhimov Night: Lineker vs. Dodson and was again defeated by Abdurakhimov by a split decision.
- At the UFC Fight Night: Rodriguez Vs. Penn, which aired on January 15, 2017, fought Chase Sherman and scored a KO (knee and shock) win in the second round.
- In addition, he has won some well-known fighters such as Cyril Asker and Daniel Spitz and lost some fights against superstars such as Mark Godbeer and Fabricio Werdum.
- In February 2018, he was suspended for four months and fined $ 4,000. The combat result was tipped to a no-contest. According to CSAC, he was able to prove the positive test that resulted from a contaminated supplement, and the Commission does not believe that he deliberately doped, hence the shorter suspension.
- He was expected to play at UFC on ESPN 7 against Alistair Overeem on 7 December 2019. However, he retired on November 1, 2019, as he was looking for his missing stepdaughter.
What are the achievements of Walt Harris?
The fight with Sergey Spivak earned Harris his first Performance of the Night bonus. Harris won the fight, which took place on July 20, 2019 at UFC on ESPN 4. In addition, he received the performance of the night bonus for this victory.
Who is Walt Harris married to?
Source: @ thebigticket205
Harris is married to his longtime girlfriend who turned his wife into Angela Haley-Harris. The couple and 4 children together. Currently the couple lives in Homewood, Alabama. In addition, Angela Haley-Harris was previously married to Elijah Blanchard.
What is the net value of Walt Harris?
As an MMA player, Harris earns a lot of money and fame through his profession as a fighter. Based on online reports, its estimated net assets are currently $ 1.6 million. His annual salary is approximately $ 138,000. So far, he has earned around $ 620,000 in his MMA career by November 2019.
How tall is Walt Harris?
Harris is 6 feet 5 inches tall and weighs 117 pounds. He has a pair of dark brown eyes and black hair color. He also has an athletic physique, but his other body information still needs to be disclosed. In case of an update, we will inform you.