Brief facts from Sara Ramirez
|Famous name||Sara Ramirez|
|Birth Name||Sara Elena Ramirez|
|Date of birth||1975-08-31|
|job||Actress, singer and songwriter|
|place of birth||Mazatlan, Sinaloa, Mexico|
|nationality||Mexicans and Americans|
|Hometown||San Diego, USA|
|Ethnicity||Multidrop (spanish and caucasian)|
|education||San Diego School of Creative and Performing Arts, Juilliard School|
|School qualification||Bachelor of Fine Arts (Drama)|
|Married date||4th July 2012|
|Sexual orientation||not binary|
|Build / type||Large|
|height||1.75 m (5 feet and 9 inches)|
|Body measurements||39-30-40 inches|
|Bra cup size||36C|
|Shoe size||10 (USA)|
|Dress size||12 (USA)|
|Eye color||Dark brown|
|Source of wealth||Your acting career|
|Net worth||$ 6 million (estimated)|
|Favorite actor||Kevin McKidd|
|Favorite actress||Jessica Capshaw|
Sara Ramirez is a Mexican-American actress, singer, and songwriter. She is best known for her role as Dr. Calliope ‘Callie’ Torres in the ABC medical drama ‘Grey’s Anatomy’. She has received multiple awards and nominations for Grey’s Anatomy, including Satellite Awards, Screen Actors Guild Awards, and NAACP Image Awards.
She has also released a self-titled expanded track, “Sara Ramirez,” which peaked at number 37 on the Billboard 200, number 9 on the Billboard Independent Albums Chart, and number 38 on the Canadian Albums chart in the week of April 16, 2011.
She is also an activist and works extensively for LGBT rights. She serves on the board of directors of True Colors United and the task force and LGBT centers in San Diego, New York and San Francisco. At a conference of the True Colors Fund, she spoke out in favor of homeless LGBTQ youth.
Sara Ramirez is also active on social media platforms with over 2 million followers on Instagram @therealsararamirez and over 839.5,000 followers on Twitter @SaraRamirez.
What is Sara Ramirez famous for?
- Famous as a Mexican-American actress, singer, and songwriter.
- Your role as Dr. Calliope ‘Callie’ Torres in the ABC medical drama ‘Grey’s Anatomy’.
Where was Sara Ramirez born?
Sara Ramirez was born on August 31, 1975 in Mazatlan, Sinaloa, Mexico. Her maiden name is Sara Elena Ramirez. She was born to a father, Alberto Ramrez, who was a Mexican oceanographer and professor, and the mother, Luisa Vargas, who was an entertainer and educator. Her parents divorced when she was just 8 years old. She then moved with her mother from Mexico to San Diego, USA.
She has both Mexican and American citizenship and is of multiracial (Hispanic and Caucasian) ethnicity. Your zodiac sign is Virgo. She is of Mexican and Irish ancestry.
In terms of her education, she attended the San Diego School of Creative and Performing Arts. After graduating from SDSCPA, she enrolled at the Juilliard School in New York City, graduating in 1997 with a Bachelor of Fine Arts (Drama).
Sara Ramirez’s career highlights
- In 1998 Sara Ramirez made her Broadway debut in the Broadway musical “The Capeman” as Wahzinak. Although the production received negative reviews overall, Sara Ramirez was recognized for her outstanding performance.
- She made her film debut that same year, starring in a small but memorable role in the romantic comedy film You’ve Got Mail.
- In 1999, she voiced the character of a shy lamb, Lammy, in the video game ‘UmJammer Lammy’. In the same year she appeared in Mark Lamos’ ‘The Gershwins’ Fascinating Rhythm’ ‘.
- In 2000 she played the role of Lieutenant Vena in the TV movie “Star Petrol”. In the same year she was also a guest on many television series such as “Spin City”, “Third Watch” and “Welcome To New York”.
- In 2001 she voiced Lammy in the video game “PaRappa the Rapper 2”. In the same year she played the role of Felicia in Edward Kleban’s Broadway musical “A Class Act” and also starred in other productions such as “Fascinating Rhythm” and “Dreamgirls”.
- She also starred in an episodic piece, “The Vagina Monologues”, with Tovah Feldshuh and Suzanne Bertish in 2002. In the same year, she also appeared as a police officer while carjacking in an American superhero film, Spider-Man.
- She then appeared on several television series, including As the World Turns, “NYPD Blue” and “Naked Hotel”.
- In 2005 she played her breakthrough role as Lady of the Lake in Eric Idle and John Du Prez’s musical “Spamalot”. Her work in Spamalot won her great critical acclaim.
- In 2006 she appeared in a recurring role as Dr. Calliope ‘Callie’ Torres, who has a love interest in Dr. George O’Malley contributed to the ABC medical drama ‘Grey’s Anatomy’. Her appearance in “Grey’s Anatomy” has received numerous nominations and awards.
- In 2009 Sara released her first single, a rendition of ‘Silent Night’.
- On March 27, 2011, she released a self-titled expanded piece, ‘Sara Ramirez’ with four songs. In the week of April 16, 2011, the EP peaked at number 37 on the Billboard 200, number 9 on Billboard’s Independent Albums Chart and number 38 on the Canadian Albums Chart.
- From 2012 to 2018 she spoke for the character Queen Miranda in the animated series “Sofia the First”. In 2016 she also spoke for the role of Queen Miranda in the cartoon “Elena and the Secret of Avalor”.
- From 2017 to 2029 she starred in the fourth and fifth seasons of the CBS political drama “Madam Secretary”. In the series she played the role of Kat Sandoval.
- In 2016 she worked as a co-producer on the teen comedy film ‘Loserville’.
- In 2017 she co-produced a documentary on LGBT rights, “The Death and the Life of Marsha P. Johnson”.
Sara Ramirez’s Awards and Nominations
- In 1999 Sara Ramirez was nominated for “Outstanding Lead Actress” at the Outer Critics Circle Award for her appearance in The Gershwins’ Fascinating Rhythm in a Musical.
- In 2005 she won a “Tony Award” for “Best Actress in a Musical” category for her performance in Monty and an “Outer Critics Circle Award” for “Outstanding Lead Actress in a Musical” category from Pythons Spamalot.
- In 2006 she won a Satellite Award for Best Cast – Television Series for Grey’s Anatomy.
- In 2007, Grey’s Anatomy won a Screen Actors Guild Award for Ensemble Outstanding Performance in a Drama Series.
- She has also received multiple nominations for Grey’s Anatomy including “Imagen Awards” for “Best Supporting Actress – Television” in 2007, “Screen Actors Guild Award” for “Ensemble Outstanding Performance in a Drama Series” in 2008, ‘ NAACP Image Awards ‘for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series’ in 2011 and ‘People’s Choice Awards’ in ‘Favorite Dramatic TV Actress’ in 2016.
Sara Ramirez’s husband
Sara Ramirez is a married woman. Sara married her longtime boyfriend Ryan DeBolt, a business analyst at TIMEC in Paris, France. The couple became engaged in June 1011 and finally married on July 4, 2012 in a private ceremony in New York. The couple have no children.
In October 2016, Sara Ramirez announced she was an odd bisexual when she gave a speech at the True Colors Fund’s 40 to None Summit in Los Angeles.
Sara Ramirez came out as non-binary on August 28, 2020. She revealed this on social media. She made the announcement by sharing a selfie on Instagram and adding the post titled “New profile picture. Inside of me is the ability to girl-boy, boy-girl, boy-boy, girl-girl, all, neither nor”. Ramirez added the photo with the hashtag #nonbinary
Sara Ramirez’s biography on Instagram and Twitter listed her pronouns as she / she.
Height and Weight of Sara Ramirez
Sara Ramirez is a beautiful woman with an attractive voluptuous body shape. She is of great build. She is 1.75 m tall and her body weighs about 79 kg. Her body measurements are 39-30-40 inches. She wears a bra size 36C and a shoe size 10 (US). Her dress size is 12 (US). Her hair color is black and her eye color is dark brown.
Sara Ramirez’s fortune
Sara Ramirez has had pretty good income from her professional acting career. She has released an EP and a single. She also co-produced a documentary on LGBT rights. Her main source of income is her acting career. As of August 2020, her net worth is estimated at $ 6 million while her annual income is $ 100,000.