Regina King is an American actress and television director. She is the recipient of numerous awards, including an Academy Award, a Golden Globe Award and three Primetime Emmy Awards. In 2018, her performance as Sharon Rivers in the film If Beale Street Could Talk earned her the Oscar and Golden Globe Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role. Time magazine ranked King as one of the 100 most influential people in the world in 2019.
Regina Rene King
Actress, television director
Anniversary / Date of birth
Regina King was born on January 15, 1971 in Cincinnati, Ohio, United States.
She is currently 48 years old.
Sign of the sun
The king attended Westchester High School in Los Angeles and graduated in 1988. Later, attended the University of Southern California.
- Father – Thomas King (electrician)
- Mother – Gloria King (Special Education Teacher)
- Brothers and sisters – Reina King (younger sister) (actress)
Boyfriend / spouse
Regina King dated –
- Ian Alexander Sr. (1997-2007) – Regina married Ian Alexander Sr., a former artist and distributor, in 1997. They had been dating for some time before deciding to take their relationship to the next level. In fact, she had given birth to a son, Ian Alexander Jr. a year before their marriage. Their marriage lasted nearly a decade before things started to collapse for them. They had separated in 2006, accusing Regina of having cheated and physically abused her. She also mentioned her addiction in the divorce statements. However, after their divorce in 2007, they arranged because she did not want their son to suffer because of his parents.
- Malcolm-Jamal Warner (2008-2013) – Regina knew Malcolm-Jamal Warner since the 1980s, when they both worked as children in the industry. They turned their close friendship into something serious in 2008. In a 2011 interview, King attributed the stability of their relationship to their similar professional background. By the end of 2011, the rumor that they were engaged would have been refuted by both parties. However, their relationship ended in shock in early 2013. In February 2013, he had asked King and his teenage son to leave home. In a 2015 interview, she hinted that Malcolm had thrown her the day before Valentine's Day.
- In feet – 5 feet 3 inches
- In centimeters – 160 cm
- In meters – 1.60 meters
- In kilograms – 55 kg
- In pounds – 121 lbs
- Measurements – 35-26-35
- Chest – 35 inches
- Cut – 26 inches
- hip – 35 inches
- Bra size – 32C
She is wearing size 6.5 shoes.
The size of the dress
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Playing the role of Lydia Adams in the crime drama series, Southland.
In 1991, she appeared for the first time in the teen drama Boyz n the Hood for her role in Shalika.
In 1985, King began her acting career in the role of Brenda Jenkins in the 227 television series, a role that she played until the end of the show in 1990.
Regina King was seen in the commercials of Procter & Gamble (advertised), in Beauty with Benefits for QVC & Awlays (2007) (Voiceover).
Regina King Favorites
- Favorite movie – The Sandlot (1993)
- Preferred Acting Mentor – Marla Gibbs
- Favorite vacation spot – Cabo San Lucas, Cancun, Playa Del Carmen
- Favorite Mexican resort – Villa del Palmar in Cancun
- Favorite weekend getaway – Las Vegas
- Favorite cities – Chicago, Los Angeles
- Preferred hotels – Banyan Tree Mayakoba in Playa del Carmen, Villa del Palmar in Cancun, Four Seasons Resort in Bali, Trump Hotel Central Park in New York, Meadowood Napa Valley California
- Favorite Restaurant – Los Angeles Pole
- Favorite food – Sweets, French fries
- Favorite Guilt Pleasure – To cook
Regina King Net worth
Regina King has an estimated net worth to $ 12 million dollars from 2019.
Social media profiles
Some lesser known facts about Regina King
- The meaning of his Latin first name is Queen. The name of his sister, Reina, was inspired by the Spanish word of similar meaning.
- It was enough for him to tell three replicas in front of the casting director during the audition of Boyz 'N the Hood to win an appointment with the producer and the director of the series.
- She enrolled at the University of Southern California after appearing in five seasons out of 227 because she considered herself a hobby, not a career choice that she would pursue.
- In 1995, she appeared in the hit comedy movie Friday.
- In 1996, she played in the dark and dark romance of Martin Lawrence A Thin Line between love and hate as Mia.
- In August 1998, she opened her restaurant, Paio in Los Angeles. She had to collaborate with different investors to raise funds for the company.
- In 2010, she wrote a short article for the Huffington Post, in which she praised the Emmy Awards for the lack of diversity in their nominations for awards for this year.
- In September 2015 and September 2016, King won the Primetime Emmy Award for best actress in a limited series or film for American Crime.
- In 2018, she played the role of the mother of a murdered black teen in the original Netflix Seven Seconds series, winning her third Primetime Emmy Award.