Laila Abdesselam, known professionally as Laila Rouas is an English actress known for her portrayals of Amber Gates in Footballers’ Wives (2004-2006) and Sahira Shah in Holby City (2011-2012, 2021). Her first job in entertainment was as a video jockey for Indian broadcaster Channel V. She also competed in the reality TV dance competition Strictly Come Dancing alongside Anton Du Beke. She made her cinema debut with Feroze Nadiawala’s City of Dreams. Laila was also known for her stunning looks and stunning, statuesque figure. She was named one of the Sexiest Women in the World by FHM two years in a row. The beautiful actress also acts as a patron of the NGO Save the Children. Additionally, Rouass returned to the role of Sahira Shah on February 9, 2021.
- Be a British actress.
- For her portrayals of Amber Gates in Footballers’ Wives (2004-2006) and Sahira Shah in Holby City (2011-2012, 2021).
What is Laila Roua’s real name?
Laila Rouass was born on June 22, 1971 with the real name Laila Abdesselam in Stepney, London, England. She is British by nationality and of mixed ethnicity, having been born to an Indian mother and a Moroccan father. Likewise, their religion is Christian and their race is white. Laila celebrated her 50th birthday in 2021 and according to her date of birth her zodiac sign is Cancer. She hasn’t revealed details about her parents and education, but we do know that she has six siblings.
What does Laila Rouass do for a living?
- Laila Rouass began her career as a VJ on Channel V in India in the 1990s, after which she appeared in a music video for the band Color Blind and rose to fame when she landed the role of Bollywood actress Amber Gates in the cult ITV1 series ‘Footballers ‘ played. Wives” between 2004 and 2006.
- She then went on to have recurring roles on the British soap operas Family Affairs and Hollyoaks, as well as episodes of I Dream, Casualty and Meet the Magoons.
- She starred as Egyptologist Sarah Page in the third season of the ITV sci-fi series Primeval in 2009, but left the series when filming moved to Dublin.
- Rouass announced in 2010 that he would make a film about Leila Khaled.
- She played Maya Lahan in the ninth series of the BBC One drama Spooks, which began airing in September 2010, while also appearing in The Sarah Jane Adventures the same year.
- She later joined the cast of the BBC’s medical drama Holby City, appearing as registrar Sahira Shah from February 2011, but left the show on April 17, 2012 after only 14 months on the show to take a break and time to spend with her her family. She returned to the role of Sahira Shah on February 9, 2021.
- She is currently one of the presenters of The Channel 4 TV Book Club.
- Laila took part in the seventh series of Strictly Come Dancing, where she collaborated with professional dancer Anton Du Beke. She did not compete in the finals on December 19, 2009 to reiterate her partnership with Anton Du Beke.
- Also, her first film was City of Dreams produced by Feroze Nadiawala and she acted in some Indian films, Aditya Bhattacharya’s Indo-Italian Senso Unico (1999) and Dev Benegal’s Split Wide Open (1999).
- She made her English language film debut in 2002 with a small role in The Four Feathers and also starred in the British independent film Shoot on Sight (2007).
- She acted in two films, “Freebird” and “Apron Strings”, funded by New Zealand in 2008, and starred in the Harlan Coben Netflix original 8-episode mini-series “Safe”, in which she plays “Lauren Marshall”.
Who is Laila Rouas’s husband?
Laila Rouass is a married woman. She married family friend Abdeslam Rouass in 1990 but divorced in 2003. After that, she lived with London businessman Nasir Khan, to whom Laila married in 2005. She became pregnant in 2006 but ended her relationship with Khan shortly after the couple’s daughter Inez was born in February 2007. From 2010 to 2011, Rouass dated celebrity chef James Petrie. In 2012, she began dating professional snooker player Ronnie O’Sullivan, to whom she became engaged in February 2013. Rouass and O’Sullivan appeared together as guests on BBC’s Saturday Kitchen in February 2021. However, the couple never married, and Rouass announced on Twitter in February 2022 that they had ended their ten-year relationship. If we talk about Laila’s education, she is straight.
Ronnie O’Sullivan and Laila Rouass Split
Ronnie O’Sullivan and Laila Rouass have split. The 50-year-old actress revealed on Twitter that she and the six-time world snooker champion, 46, have parted ways after almost a decade together – but gave no reason why. Laila tweeted: “After almost ten years of love and memories, Ronnie I has parted ways. Peace and love to you all. Laila X (sic).’ Ronnie has yet to deal with the breakup.
She said: “It happened by accident. I was shown around Ronnie’s house by his father who told his son that he had met me. ‘Ronnie called the real estate agent, a friend of mine, and invited me through her. ‘When she said he was a snooker player I said ‘yeah but what does he do for a living?’ I had never heard of him because I’m not interested in the sport at all even though Ronnie got me into snooker.’
What is Laila Rouass Net Worth?
Laila Rouass has a net worth of $2 million as of 2022. She also earns a handsome salary, which also runs into thousands of dollars a year. Rouass wears expensive clothes and jewelry, so we can say without a doubt that she lives a lavish and fulfilling lifestyle. Additionally, her main source of income is her assistant caregiver. Laila hasn’t done any endorsement work for any brands yet.
How tall is Laila Rouass?
Laila Rouass has an ideal height of 5 feet 8 inches or 165 cm and her body weight is approximately 58 kg. She has dark brown hair and eye color. Laila wears clothes that make her more attractive and most of the time she’s seen in outfits that show off her gorgeous long legs. In addition, her physique type is slim.