Brief facts from Janet Yellen
|Famous name||Janet Yellen|
|Birth Name||Janet Yellen|
|Date of birth||1946-08-13|
|place of birth||Brooklyn, New York|
|Birth nation||United States|
|Secondary school||Fort Hamilton High School|
|Awards||Adam Smith Award and more|
|son||1; Robert Akerlof|
|Net worth||$ 15 million|
|Source of wealth||Economist and professor career|
|Build / type||Average|
|Famous for||Be an American economist|
|Known for||First woman to head governor of the Federal Reserve Board from 1994 to 1997, and again from 2010 to 2018|
Janet Louise Yellen famous as Janet Yellen is a famous American economist at the Brookings Institution. She is also Professor Emeritus at the University of California at Berkeley at the Haas School of Business. From 1985 to 2006 she was Professor of Economics for over 20 years. She was also the chairman of the Federal Reserve from 2014 to 2018. From 2010 to 2010 she was also vice chairwoman in 2014. Recently, several news outlets reported that President-elect Joe Biden will nominate Yellen as US Treasury Secretary for the Biden cabinet on November 23, 2020.
Biden elects Janet Yellen as first female Treasury Secretary
President-elect Joe Biden is expected to appoint Janet Yellen as chief financial officer. If approved by the Senate, she would be the first woman to hold that position in US history. She was previously the head of the US Federal Reserve and top economic advisor to former President Bill Clinton. As the chairman of the US Federal Reserve, Ms. Yellen was known for paying more attention to the impact of the bank’s policies on workers and the costs of rising inequality in the US.
- Be an American economist.
- First woman to head governor of the Federal Reserve Board from 1994 to 1997, and again from 2010 to 2018.
- For breaking down many gender barriers as a woman in the field.
What is the birthplace of Janet Yellen?
Janet Yellen was born on August 13, 1946 in Brooklyn, New York City, USA, with the maiden name / full name of Janet Louise Yellen. From 2020 she celebrated her 74th birthday. Her nationality is American and her ethnic background is American-White. Their race is white. She was born into a Jewish family; Anna Ruth (mother) and Julius Yellen (father). Regarding her parents’ profession, her mother was a primary school teacher and her father was a general practitioner. She also has a sibling; an older brother named John. Leo is their zodiac sign and their religion is Jewish.
As mentioned earlier, she was going to be able to feel capable from the start. It was also developed by a company that is capable of whether or not it came to a point in the 1967 period when it made a decision. You will inevitably choose to be able throughout your 1971 year.
What was Janet Yellen’s career like?
- After completing her education, Janet Yellen was an assistant professor at Harvard from 1971 to 1976. In 1977 she was hired by Ted Truman as an economist with the Federal Reserve Board of Governors. She was later charged with researching international currency reform. Then she got a job as a lecturer.
- She also did research at the Haas School, teaching full-time and part-time MBAs and students in macroeconomics. It was 1980.
- She is currently Professor Emerita at the University of California at the Berkeley Haas School of Business.
- She said goodbye from Berkeley in August 1994 for five years. She was named a member of the Federal Reserve Board of Governors by President Clinton, who served August 12, 1994 through February 17, 1997. She also served as Chair of the Business Council of President Clinton Advisors from February 18, 1997 to August 3, 1999.
- From 1997 to 1999 she was Chair of the Economic Policy Committee of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development. She then served as President of the Western Economic Association International and former Vice President of the American Economic Association.
- From 2000 to 2006 she was a member of Yale Corporation. From June 14, 2004 to 2010, she was President and Chief Executive Officer of the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- In 2009 she was a voting member of the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC). She was also mentioned as a potential successor to Ben Bernanke as Chair of the Federal Reserve System in July 2009 before he was appointed by Barack Obama.
- On April 28, 2010, President Obama appointed her to succeed Donald Kohn as Vice Chairwoman of the Federal Reserve System. She was sworn in for a four-year term on October 4, 2010, which ended on October 4, 2014.
- She began a 14-year term as a member of the Federal Reserve Board, which will expire on January 31, 2024.
- in addition,
- She was officially nominated to succeed Bernanke as Chair of the Federal Reserve, the first Vice Chair to be appointed on October 9, 2013. On January 6, 2014, she was confirmed by 56-26 votes as chairman of the Federal Reserve, narrowest margin ever for the position.
- After she was elected chairman of the Federal Open Market Committee on January 30, 2014, she took office on February 3, 2014.
- After the election of President Donald Trump in November 2016, she vowed to protect Dodd-Frank. Trump was considering nominating her for another term, but nominated Jerome Powell to succeed her on November 2, 2017, when her term ended on February 3
- 2018. Following Trump’s decision, she announced that she would leave the Federal Reserve’s Board of Governors at the end of her term as chairperson.
- She criticized Trump’s economic policy on February 25, 2019. In November 2020, she is said to have been considered as finance minister in the Biden administration. She would be the first woman to hold this position if confirmed.
- She is a Keynesian economist and advocates the use of monetary policy to stabilize economic activity over the business cycle.
- She is also the author of the book; The Fabulous Decade: Macroeconomic Lessons from the 1990s (with Alan Blinder), The Century Foundation Press, New York, 2001.
Awards and Achievements from Janet Yellen
Janet Yellen is an award-winning American economist who received the 1997 Wilbur Cross Medal from Yale. He also received an honorary degree in law from Brown in 1998 and an honorary degree in humane letters from Bard College in 2000. In addition, she received an honorary doctorate from the London School of Economics in May 2015. From October 2010 she received the Adam Smith Award from the National Association for Business Economics (NABE). She was named the second most powerful woman by Forbes in May 2014. She received an honorary doctorate in social sciences from Yale University in May 2015. In October 2015 she received an honorary doctorate in law from the University of Warwick. She received a Radcliffe Medal of Honor and spoke to her guests on May 27, 2016 over lunch on Radcliffe Day during the initial week.
Who is Janet Yellen married to?
Janet Yellen is a married woman. She married her handsome husband, George Akerlof. By profession, George Akerlof is an economist, Nobel Prize winner in economics, professor at Georgetown University, and professor emeritus at the University of California at Berkeley. The duo met at the Fed in the fall of 1977 and later married in June 1978. The duo is also blessed with a child (son) named Robert Akerlof (born 1981). Her son Robert teaches economics at the University of Warwick. Both support each other and are loyal to each other. The duo have collaborated on research including topics such as poverty, unemployment and a paper on the cost of birth out of wedlock. Both frequently state that their only disagreement is that they support free trade a little more than he does.
Source: @ brookings.edu
How much does Janet Yellen’s net worth in 2020 cost?
Janet Yellen is a recognized and successful economist who has made substantial money over the course of her career. As of 2020, Janet Yellen’s net worth is estimated at $ 15 million, according to sources. Her main source of wealth is working as an economist and working as a specialist at many top universities. She didn’t mention anything related to salary, career income, income, and more. Without a doubt, she is happy with whatever she receives and she lives a cool lifestyle on what she receives. Her income is high as she served as Vice Chair of the Supreme Council of the Federal Reserve System. She currently makes good money working as a Professor Emeritus at the Haas School of Business at the University of California-Berkeley. As the world’s economist, she holds the top position.
How tall is Janet Yellen?
Janet Yellen is 74 years old and looks as young as twenty. She has very light skin with a radiant smile that attracts many people. She is 1.6 m tall and has a balanced weight of 70 kg. His other body details like dress size, shoe size, waist size, chest size and more have not yet been revealed. Overall, she has a healthy body. Your physique is average.
Did you know already?
- Janet Yellen taught economics for over 20 years from 1985 to 2006.
- She was also the chairman of the Federal Reserve from 2014 to 2018.
- Leo is your zodiac sign.
- He has made her .DhD you will inevitably be able to throughout your 1971 decision.