Reputation for his robotic silhouette, his wits and his athleticism, Giannis Antetokounmpo, a Greek professional basketball player, is one of the best stars of the NBA who impresses his actual names in the basketball game. This star Greek basketball ball with a name is an anonymous redoubtable player who is very close to the courts – his passes are proceedings, his tackles are aggravating, his tires are explosive and his vital coordinates are his son’s spirit and his style of play. lui sont propres. We consider the perseverance of this player of the NBA versus celebrity, in which we find biographies of Giannis Antetokounmpo, l’enfance, and the old personnel.
Giannis Antetokounmpo Biography Facts
|Full Name:||Giannis Sina Ougko Antetokounmpo|
|Nickname:||The Greek Freak|
|Born:||December 6, 1994 (age 25)|
|Place of Birth:||Athens, Greece|
|Nationality:||Greek (birth); Nigerian (origin)|
|Current Team:||Milwaukee Bucks|
|Position:||Forward / Guard|
|Net Worth:||$45 million|
|Height:||6 ft 11 inches|
|Weight:||242 lb (110 kg)|
|Parents:||Charles Antetokounmpo (father); Veronica Antetokounmpo (mother)|
|Siblings:||Thanasis Antetokounmpo; Alex Antetokounmpo; Francis Antetokounmpo; Kostas Antetokounmpo|
|Partner:||Mariah Riddlesprigger (girlfriend)|
Giannis Antetokounmpo Childhood & Early Life
- Giannis Antetokounmpo was born on 6 December 1994, in Athens, Greece. His parents had immigrated into the country from Nigeria, in 1991. Before migrating, his parents entrusted their eldest child, Francis, under the care of his grandparents.
- Giannis has one more brother elder to him, Thanasis, and two younger brothers, Kostas and Alexis. Giannis and three of his brothers did not qualify for receiving Greek citizenship, their birth in Greece notwithstanding. In fact, even after turning 18, he remained a stateless person as he neither had Greek nor Nigerian citizenship.
- He remembers his parents struggling very hard to make ends meet and support a family of eight. On most days, he and his older brother, Thanasis would report for practice on a near empty stomach, in a field close to the modest neighborhood of Sepolia where the family lived.
- A club instructor recalls a 13-year old Giannis and his brother playing with a football and was not very interested in dribbling with a basketball. The brothers could not socialize freely with other children in their neighborhood and locals as they spent their growing up years, constantly living in fear of being deported by the police.
- Spiros Velliniatis, the club coach who mentored other children in the Sepolia locality, realized that although Giannis was not good at basketball, he had the mental toughness and determination to excel in the sport. Antetokounmpo admitted in an interview that the real credit for his success and rise to stardom should go to Velliniatis.
- The then Filathlitikos coach, Panagiotis Zivach, recollects luring the brothers to present themselves for regular basketball training sessions by promising that he’d find employment for their parents. A restaurateur, Giannis Tzikas who was their neighbour, chipped in by preparing sandwiches for the youngsters so that they could practice on a full stomach.
- Giannis and Thanasis began practicing basketball from 2007 onwards after Zivas, the general manager of Filathlitikos, assisted their parents in finding jobs. He also helped the brothers financially so that they could fulfill their commitments to the basketball club.
- Later on, the family shifted to a locality close to Filathlitikos that made it very convenient for Giannis to train consistently. After practicing for two years, Giannis was selected as a member of Filathlitikos’s youth team in 2009 which marked the onset of his professional career.
Giannis Antetokounmpo Career Highlights
- Two-time All-Star Game starter (2017, 2018)
- Named the NBA’s Most Improved Player, selected to the All-NBA Second Team and named to the NBA All-Defensive Second Team in 2017
- Bucks’ all-time leader in triple-doubles (9)
- Earned Eastern Conference Player of the Month honors in 2017 for the month of March
- Three-time Eastern Conference Player of the Week winner (Oct. 23, 2017; Dec. 5, 2016; Feb. 9, 2015)
- Participated in the BBVA Rising Stars Challenge and Sprite Slam Dunk Contest during 2015 All-Star Weekend in New York, and the 2014 Rising Stars Challenge and the Taco Bell Skills Challenge during 2014 All-Star Weekend in New Orleans
- Named to the 2013-14 NBA All-Rookie Second Team
- Member of the Greek National Team for the 2016 Olympic Qualifying Tournament in Italy and the 2014 FIBA World Cup in Spain
Giannis Antetokounmpo Salary and Net Worth
His salary is 2.995 million USD and his net worth estimated to be $20 million.
Giannis Antetokounmpo Body Measurements
Giannis has a height of 6 feet 11 inches and weighs 100kg. He has black hair and dark brown eyes.
Giannis Antetokounmpo Achievements
- NBA All-Star (2017–2019)
- All-NBA First Team (2019)
- NBA All-Defensive First Team (2019)
- All-NBA Second Team (2017, 2018)
- NBA All-Defensive Second Team (2017)
- NBA All-Rookie Second Team (2014)
- Euroscar European Player of the Year (2018)
- NBA Most Improved Player (2017)
Giannis Antetokounmpo Rumors, Controversy
Except for trade rumor, he hasn’t been in any rumor.
Awards & Achievements
Giannis, in his professional career so far has won a total of 8 awards, including the 2017 ‘NBA All-Star’ and ‘NBA Most Improved Player’ Awards.