Anthony Leon Tucker Jr. famous as PJ Tucker is an American basketball player. He plays for the current Milwaukee Bucks team of the National Basketball Association (NBA). His playing position is a forward. In 2006 he made his NBA debut for the Toronto Raptors. He played college basketball at the University of Texas, where he was named Big 12 Player of the Year in 2006. After his rookie season in the NBA, he played for many teams abroad before successfully returning to the NBA in 2012 to play the Phoenix Suns. He was the MVP of the Israeli Basketball Premier League and MVP of the Israeli Basketball Premier League Finals in 2008.
Boston Celtics is expected to pursue PJ Tucker in the open hands
PJ Tucker’s interest in the Boston Celtics following the latest NBA rumors. Tucker joined the Milwaukee Bucks via trade from the Houston Rockets in the middle of the 2020/21 season and is currently out of the Eastern Conference finals. He turned 36 a few months ago. Tucker’s offense wasn’t a factor for most of this campaign, but his corner three-corner shooting ability and defensive versatility make him a valuable role-player. According to Evan Massey of the NBA Analysis Network, the Boston Celtics are expected to keep an eye on PJ Tucker this off-season. The Boston Celtics are obviously looking for a balance between experience and youth in their roster, considering they just brought Al Horford back on the deal. PJ Tucker would also bring a veteran presence to a team that ultimately wants to compete for a championship.
- As an American professional basketball player.
- National Basketball Association (NBA) Milwaukee Bucks striker.
Where is PJ Tucker from?
Really named Anthony Leon Tucker Jr., PJ Tucker was born on May 5, 1985. He was born in Raleigh, North Carolina, USA. Through his parents, he was born to Anthony Leon Tucker Jr. to a father named Anthony Sr. and a mother named Aleshia. His father nicknamed him Pop Junior. Taurus is his zodiac sign and he follows Christianity through religion. He is a US citizen and has mixed ethnicity.
About his graduation, he attended William G. Enloe High School in Raleigh, he played basketball for his high school team. He was named North Carolina Player of the Year in 2002 and his jersey number was later withdrawn. He enrolled at the University of Texas where he continued to play college-level basketball. He then played three seasons in Texas, posting 1,169 points in the 2005-2006 season. In his junior year, he was named Second Team All-American and Big 12 Player of the Year.
What was PJ Tucker’s basketball career like?
- On July 26, 2006, PJ Tucker was selected by the Toronto Raptors as the 35th pick in the 2006 NBA Draft and signed a two-year contract with them.
- The Raptors then announced that Tucker was sent to the Colorado 14ers of the NBA Development League on January 5, 2007. He was waived by the Raptors to give Luke Jackson a squad spot on March 24, 2007.
- He then joined the 2007 Summer League roster for the Cleveland Cavaliers in the off-season.
- He won the MVP trophy and led his team Hapoel Holon to the championship title. Holon broke Maccabi Tel Aviv’s 14-year streak as the Israeli champions in the 2007-2008 season. He was the MVP of the Israeli Basketball Premier League Finals in 2008.
- He signed with a BC Donetsk team for the 2008-2009 season. On October 7, 2009, he extended his contract with Donetsk for the 2009-2010 season.
- On October 7, 2009, Tucker extended his contract with Donetsk for the 2009-10 season in August 2010 and was fired in March 2011. He then signed with Sutor Basket Montegranaro in April 2011.
- In July 2011 he signed a one-year contract with Brose Baskets Bamberg.
- He signed a two-year deal with the Phoenix Suns on Aug. 1, 2012 with a team option in his sophomore year. He made his debut game against the Golden State Warriors, recording 10 points, 2 rebounds, 1 steal and 1 block in an 87-85 loss. He achieved a career high of 15 points on November 23, 2012 in a 111-108 overtime win against the New Orleans Hornets.
- He next posted 16 points, a career high of 15 rebounds and 4 steals in a 122-109 win over the Warriors on February 8, 2014.
- On July 23, he signed a three-year contract for $ 16.5 million with the Suns.
- On January 25, 2016, he recorded eight career assists in a loss to the Philadelphia 76ers. He played in all 82 games for the Suns in the 2015-2016 season.
- He underwent a successful lower back microdisectomy and was subsequently excluded for six to eight weeks on September 15, 2016.
- On November 27, 2016, he scored a season high of 21 points against the Denver Nuggets.
- He was traded back to the Toronto Raptors on February 23, 2017. On April 15, 2017, after 418 games in seven seasons, he made his playoff debut in the Raptors’ 97-83 loss to the Milwaukee Bucks in Game 1 of their first game. Round playoff series. He had 14 points and 12 rebounds in his first career playoff start.
- He signed a four-year $ 32 million deal with the Houston Rockets on July 6, 2017. He made his debut game on October 17, 2017, where he scored 20 points in a 122-121 win over the Golden State Warriors. He set a career high with seven 3-pointers and hit a season high of 21 points on January 7, 2019 in a 125-113 win against the Denver Nuggets.
- Before leaving, he recorded career lows in points per game (4.4), field goal percent (36.6%) and 3-point percent (31.4%) in the 2020/21 season.
- It then traded at the Milwaukee Bucks on March 19, 2021. He made his debut on March 20, 2021 in a 120-113 win over San Antonio Spurs with zero points, three boards and a block in 13 minutes.
Awards and Achievements
- German Champion (2012)
- Bundesliga Final MVP (2012)
- German Cup Winner (2012)
- German Championship Cup (2012)
- Bundesliga All-Star (2012)
- Bundesliga import player of the year (2012)
- Israeli Super League Champion (2008)
- MVP of the Israeli Super League (2008)
- Israeli Basketball Premier League Final MVP (2008)
- Ukrainian SuperLeague All-Star (2009)
- Consensus Second Team All-American (2006)
- Big 12 Player of the Year (2006)
- Big 12 All Freshman Team (2004)
Who is PJ Tucker married to?
Married man PJ Tucker is connected to longtime girlfriend Tracy Tucker. The couple is also blessed with two children; a daughter named Aliyah and a son named King Tucker. Back then, the two split up for a while in the past. The two were rumored to have split because Tucker had an outside girlfriend during his marriage. However, their love affair kept them together. There is no information about how and where they met or even other details of their love life. In 2015, he also had an affair with Blac Chyna. In addition to his two children, he also has a love child with his wife. PJ Tucker’s other child was born on January 30, 2017 to a woman named Taunishia Zoa. It was also found that Tucker’s wife, Tracy, is well aware of his baby mom and child. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
Source: @ instagram.com / pjtucker
What is PJ Tucker’s net worth?
As of 2021, PJ Tucker’s net worth is estimated at $ 13 million, according to sources. Back then, he signed a four-year $ 32 million deal with Huston Rockets in February 2017. His base salary is $ 7,969,537 while he had a cap hit of $ 7,969,537 and a dead cap of $ 18,887,764 in the 2018-2019 season. He claimed that he spent $ 200,000 on sneakers just last season. He also bought a Balmain jacket in Paris for $ 25,000. He lives a luxurious lifestyle on his income. His main source of wealth is his basketball career.
How tall is PJ Tucker?
PJ Tucker has an athletic build. His height is measured at 1.98 m (6 feet 6 inches) while his weight is 111 kg (245 lbs). He stores hundreds of basketball shoes in at least four different locations across the country. He called himself a “sneakerhead” and on August 22nd, 2016, SLAM Magazine named Tucker the number 1 sneakerhead in the NBA, not only because of the number of shoes but also because of their quality. His other body measurements have not yet been disclosed.