Sergey Alexandrovich Kovalev famous as Sergey Kovalev He is a professional boxer from Russia who has held multiple light heavyweight world championships, including the WBA (Super) and IBF titles from 2014 to 2016, and the WBO title three times between 2013 and 2019. He is classified as the The world's second best light heavyweight in The Ring magazine, third in BoxRec and fourth in the Transnational Boxing Classification Board as of November 2019. Overall, he is a very talented boxer.
Canelo Alvarez vs Sergey Kovalev fight
Canelo Alvarez is now a four division champion. The great Mexican managed to stop light heavyweight champion Sergey Kovalev on Saturday night in Las Vegas with a thunderous knockout in the 11th round after struggling a bit from the start. Alvarez has now won titles at 154, 160, 168 and 174 pounds in his illustrious career and has a legitimate claim of the crown pound for pound.
How old is Sergey Kovalev? (Early life)
Sergey Kovalev was born on April 2, 1983 in Kopeysk, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union (now Russia) with the zodiac sign of Aries. His full name is Sergey Alexandrovich Kovalev. His nationality is Russian and his ethnicity is white. His religion is Christian. As of 2019, he celebrated his 36th birthday with his friends and family. There is no information about their parents, education. He grew up with two brothers. More information about his early life will soon be added once it is revealed.
How tall is Sergey Kovalev?
Sergey Kovalev is a handsome man with a strong and athletic body. He keeps his body a lot doing frequent workouts and exercises. It has an average height of 183 m or six feet with a balanced body weight of 79 kg. The size of his chest is 42 inches, the size of the waist is 32 inches and the size of his biceps is 15 inches. The shape of his face is oval and his nose type is perfect. The length of her hair is medium. His hazelnut brown eye color and brown hair color also made him more handsome in appearance. His charming smile and bright face attract many people to him. Your other body measurements will be added soon as it has not yet been disclosed by any source. In general, it has a strong body with a healthy body.
Sergey Kovalev's boxing career
- Sergey began his boxing career in 1994 when he was only eleven.
- He made his amateur debut in 1997 at the Russian Junior Boxing Championship.
- There he won the gold medal in the junior middleweight division.
- He then competed with the majors in 1998 and reached the final, and a year after that, he won the final fight.
- He participated in the Senior Russian Championship in 2004, where he reached the final and also won the gold medal in the team event.
- He won silver in 2006, and a year later, he won bronze in the Russian Championship and gold in the World Military Games in India.
- He participated in his final national competition and again reached the final in 2008.
- He finished his amateur career with a record of 195-18.
- He began his professional career with a first-round KO from Daniel Chavez at the Greenboro Coliseum, where he won his first nine fights with a knockout in the first or second round.
- He faced more serious competition against Darnell Boone. It was held in October 2010.
- He won his first NABA belt in a 10-round fight with Douglas Otieno of Kenya in July 2011.
- He fights Roman Simakov of Russia in 2011, where he was awarded a victory by TKO.
- He was trained by John David Jackson in 2012.
- He also knocked out Darnell Boone in two rounds in a rematch.
- He faced former WBA light heavyweight champion Gabriel Campillo on January 19, 2013.
- He fought Nathan Cleverly for the WBO light heavyweight title. On August 17, 2013, intelligently, as a champion, bookmakers gave him the status of underdog, where he was shot down.
- He then made his first defense of the WBO light heavyweight title against WBO # 15 Ismayl Sillakh on November 30, 2013.
- The fight took place on the billboard defending the WBC title of Adonis Stevenson against Briton Tony Bellew at the Colisee de Quebec in Quebec City, Canada.
- On March 29, he made his second defense against undefeated Cedric Agnew (26-0, 13 KOs).
- On August 22, 2014, it was confirmed that a fight between Kovalev and Bernard Hopkins, 49 (55-6-2, 32 KOs) would take place on November 8, 2014.
- The fight was also televised in HBO World Championship Boxing.
- Sergey Kovalev won the match where Hopkins won a base portfolio of $ 1 million while Kovalev won $ 500,000.
- It was announced on December 23, 2014 that he would defend his world titles and fight against Jean Pascal (29-2-1, 17 KOs) on March 14, 2015 for the light heavyweight of the CMB Diamond. Later, a rematch was demanded. The fight averaged 1,152 million viewers on HBO.
- He then fights Nadjib Mohammedi on July 25, 2015, where he won the fight.
- On December 5, 2015, it was announced that the rematch between Kovalev and Pascal would take place on January 30, 2016, where Kovalev won the fight. The fight averaged 1,179 million viewers on HBO and reached a maximum of 1,269 million viewers.
- It was announced on June 16, 2016 that on November 19, 2016 a contract had been signed between Kovalev and former undefeated super middleweight world champion Andre Ward.
- Both fighters remained undefeated in provisional fighting.
- Later, Kovalev lost the game with all the judges scoring the fight 114-113.
- His manager Egis Klimas announced that negotiations for the rematch between Ward and Kovalev had begun.
- On March 24, 2017, he revealed through social networks that he had signed his end of the agreement.
- Against 10,592, the fight ended in the eighth round with a victory for Ward once again.
- HBO announced on September 9, 2017 that it would make its ring return in HBO: Boxing After Dark on November 25.
- His opponent was announced as the 30-year-old light heavyweight contender Vyacheslav Shabranskyy.
- He regained the WBO title after stopping Shabranskyy in the second round.
- On August 25, he said he would exercise the rematch clause against Alvarez II.
- Under the contract, the fight would have taken place in February 2019.
- He made an incredible performance to recover the WBO title after defeating Álvarez by unanimous decision in 12 rounds and became three times a light heavyweight holder.
- The judges scored 120-108, 116-112 and 116-112 for Kovalev.
- He faced the mandatory WBO challenger, undefeated Briton Anthony Yarde on August 24, 2019.
- He knocked out the tired Yarde with a direct left jab, finishing the fight for TKO and retaining his WBO and ESP light heavyweight titles.
- According to CompuBox, Kovalev connected 223 of his 686 hits (32.5%) while Yarde connected 132 of his 575 hits (23%), the most hits a fighter has received in Kovalev.
Who is Sergey Kovalev's wife?
Moving towards the marital status of Sergey Kovalev, he is a married person. He was married to his longtime girlfriend, Natalia Kovalev. The duo met in a gym when he was building a boxing career. They dated more than a year and got married later. They are also the proud parents of a son named Aleksandr Kovalev and a daughter named Milana Kovalev. Both are respected and is visible. Couples are less likely to divorce, however, it is too early to predict anything. At present, they enjoy their life very much without discomfort.
How much is Sergey Kovalev's net worth today?
It is estimated that the net worth of this famous boxer will have $ 4 million from 2019. His main source of income is from his boxing career, while he is also earning a lot of money from his sponsorship agreements. Kovalev's exact salary has not yet been revealed, but there is no doubt in the minds of his followers that he is earning a considerable amount of salary from his current job. You are satisfied with your earnings. He has made a great deal of wealth over the years. He earned everything for himself and deserves everything.