George Foreman is a former American professional boxer and former world heavyweight champion who competed between 1969 and 1997. He is also known as Big George. Foreman is an Olympic gold medalist and twice a world heavyweight champion. He is also the youngest boxer in history to win a heavyweight title at the age of 20. However, on November 17, 2019, Foreman, the legend admitted that he never wanted to fight with the other legend, such as Iron Mike and Mike Tyson.
George Foreman Bio
|Celebrated name||George Foreman|
|Nick name||Big george|
|Birth name||George Edward Foreman|
Why is George Foreman famous?
- Famous as a former American professional boxer and a boxing legend.
When was George Foreman born?
George Foreman was born on January 10, 1949 in Marshall, Texas, USA. UU. American is your nationality. His birth name is George Edward Foreman. His ethnicity is white Caucasian, while Capricorn is his zodiac sign.
He was raised in Fifth Ward, Houston with his six brothers by his stepfather J.D Foreman with whom his mother, Nancy, married after his birth. His biological father was Leroy Moorehead. The economic condition of his family was very poor. Then, at age 15, they left school.
Then, he joined the Job Corps. With the help of a supervisor, he went to California and began his boxing training. He was also interested in football, but he gave it up for his boxing career. At the age of 19, he won a gold medal in the Heavyweight Boxing Championship of the 1968 Olympic Games after defeating Russian boxer Cepulis in the second round.
Highlights of George Foreman’s career
- Foreman began his professional career with his first victory through a three-round knockout against Donald Walheim in 1969.
- In 1970, he fought for 12 games and finally won all his matches with 11 by knockout.
- In 1971, Foreman won seven more fights and won all by knockout.
- On May 10, 1971, Foreman won the “NABF heavyweight” title by defeating Gregorio Peralta with a knockout.
- On May 11, 1972, Foreman won the Pan American heavyweight title by defeating Miguel Ángel Páez by KO.
- On January 22, 1973, Foreman won the heavyweight titles of WBA, WBC, The Ring and Linear after defeating Joe Fraizer and retaining him several times.
- On October 29, 1974, he faced his first defeat after winning his 40 games, against the legend Muhammad Ali.
- On January 24, 1976, he won the NABF heavyweight title after defeating Joe Frazier again with TKO.
- Foreman continued his pace and returned to his track winning almost all the remaining games in 1976 and 1977 (except one against Jimmy Young).
- In 1987, he fought 5 matches and won all his matches with TKO.
- Foreman fought a total of 14 games and finally won all in 1988 and 1989.
- On April 19, 1991, Foreman faced another defeat against Evander Holyfield by losing the titles of the WBA, the WBC, the IBF and the linear heavyweight.
- On June 7, 1993, he lost the WBO heavyweight title against Tommy Morrison.
- On November 5, 1994, Foreman won the titles of the WBA, the IBF and the linear heavyweight by defeating Michael Moorer.
- On November 22, 1997, Foreman fought and lost his last game against Shannon Briggs with MD.
Who is George Foreman married to?
The two-time heavyweight world champion, George Foreman, married four times and divorced three times. His ex-wives are Cynthia Lewis, Adrienne Calhoun and Andrea Skeete. Currently, he is married to Mary Joan Martelly and lives a luxurious life. In addition to boxing, he is also an author and entrepreneur. The foreman lives happily with 14 children.
Among the 14 children, the couple has adopted two daughters, Isabella Brandie Lilia and Courtney Isaac in 2009 and 2012, respectively.
What is the net worth of George Foreman?
At 80 years old, George Foreman has had a great gain through his professional career as a boxer and also his business. Foreman has managed to accumulate a fortune worth millions of dollars through his various fights and victories. Its current estimated net worth is around $ 340 million as of 2019. Its net worth includes all its properties, shares and its current earnings.
Foreman also adds a few dollars more to his fortune through his various sponsorship agreements that include Salton since Salton paid him $ 138 million for the right to use his name. He even earned $ 4.5 million a month in payments for each grill sale. In addition, he earned a total of more than $ 200 million with the backing, which is more than the money earned from boxing.
How tall is George Foreman?
At 80, George Foreman has a well-maintained athletic physique. The foreman stands tall with a height of 6 feet. 3 inches (1.91 m) while your body weighs about 121 kg (267 lbs). Foreman has a dark complexion with bald hair and brown eyes.