Edward Norton is an American actor and filmmaker. He is known for his roles in hit movies such as Fight Club, Red Dragon, The Kingdom of Heaven, The Illusionist, Moonrise Kingdom and The Grand Budapest Hotel. He has received numerous awards and nominations, including a Golden Globe Award and three Oscar nominations.
Edward Harrison Norton
Actor, Director, Producer, Activist, Entrepreneur
Anniversary / Date of birth
Edward Norton was born August 18, 1969 in Boston, Massachusetts, United States.
He is currently 50 years old.
New York City, New York, United States
Sign of the sun
Edward has English, Irish, German and Scottish-Irish ancestry (Northern Ireland).
In 1987, he graduated from Wilde Lake High School in Colombia. He then attended Yale University and earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1991.
- Father – Edward Mower Norton Jr. (Marine Lieutenant, Environmental Lawyer and Conservation Advocate)
- Mother – Lydia Robinson "Robin" (née Rouse) (English teacher) (died of a brain tumor in 1997)
- Brothers and sisters – Molly Norton (younger sister), Jim Norton (younger brother)
- Relatives – James Rouse (maternal grandfather) (entrepreneur, founder of The Rouse Company and a few others), Patty Rouse (mother-in-law)
Girlfriend / spouse
Edward Norton dated –
- Courtney Love (1996-1999) – In 1996, Edward began dating the musician Courtney Love. They were also engaged as a result of their romantic relationship. Edward is the one who helped Courtney cope with her depression due to the death of her husband, Kurt Cobain. But this relationship also ended and the commitment was canceled in 1999.
- Salma Hayek (1999-2003) – Edward and Mexican actress Salma Hayek spent four years between July 1999 and June 2003.
- Shauna Robertson (2005 to date) – Canadian producers Shauna Robertson and Edward started dating in 2005. They got engaged in 2011 after Edward's proposal for Shauna. In 2012, the couple is married and has a son, Atlas (born March 18, 2013).
- In feet – 6 feet 0 inches
- In centimeters – 183 cm
- In meters – 1.83 meters
- In kilograms – 79 kg
- In pounds – 174 lbs
- Measurements – 40-14,5-35
- Chest – 40 in or 102 cm
- Arm / Biceps – 14.5 inches or 37 cm
- Cut – 35 "or 89 cm
He wears a shoe size 10.5 (US).
Best known for his Oscar appearances in Primal Fear (1996), American History X (1998) and Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance) (2014).
Edward debuted with 1996's neo-black detective thriller movie, Primal Fear, for his secondary role in the role of Aaron Stampler / Roy. He has won several awards, including a Golden Globe and was nominated for an Oscar for Best Supporting Actor.
In 2000 and 2013, Edward played the role of Devon Bradley and Reverend Elijah Hooper in Fox's animated sitcom, The Simpsons, in 2 episodes. He got his first role in the pilot episode of the short-lived television series Stella from Comedy Central, which he himself played in 2005.
Norton has appeared in a number of TV commercials and print ads for Independent Film Channel, Motorola Droid, PRADA phone designer and Verizon.
Edward Norton preferred
- Favorite actors Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Joseph Conrad, Ernest Hemingway, J.D. Salinger, Tom Wolfe
- Favorite movies – Ruggles of Red Gap (1935), The Cruise (1998), The King of Comedy (1982), Tampopo (1986), Who Fears Virginia Woolf (1966)
- Favorite musicians – Radiohead, Elliott Smith, Red Hot Chili Peppers, R.E.M., Tom Waits
Edward Norton net worth
Edward Norton has a net worth estimated at $ 80 million dollars from 2019.
Social media profiles
Some lesser known facts about Edward Norton
- A Yale graduate in 1991, mastering Japanese, Norton worked non-profit as a representative of his grandfather's company, Enterprise Community Partners, in Osaka, Japan.
- Norton is a fan of the Baltimore Orioles.
- Edward has a private pilot license.
- In 1984, Edward won an actor's cup when he went to Camp Pasquaney in Bristol, New Hampshire.
- Edward can speak Spanish and a little French, apart from English.
- He is a good friend with Brad Pitt.
- In 1998, Norton played alongside Matt Damon in Rounders, which follows two friends who urgently need money and play poker to pay a huge debt.
- In December 1998, he worked briefly as a guitarist with Courtney Love's band, Hole.
- In 2003, he won the Village Voice Obie Award for his role in the off-Broadway show Burn This.
- In July 2010, Norton was named United Nations Goodwill Ambassador for Biodiversity by UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon.
- Edward is an honorary member of the board of directors of the Columbia Center for Theatrical Arts' Board of Directors and a board member of Enterprise Community Partners.
- On July 2, 2014, Norton was elected Chairman of the Board of Directors of Signature Theater, a non-profit theater company based in New York.