Alvin Kamara is an American football running back who is currently playing for the New Orleans Saints of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at the University of Tennessee after transferring from the University of Alabama. He was drafted by the Saints in the third round of the 2017 NFL Draft. He was named the NFL Rookie of the Year in 2017, has been a Pro Bowler in all five of his NFL seasons, and is a two-time second-team All-Pro. On 6th February 2022, following the Pro Bowl in Las Vegas, he was arrested and booked into the Clark County Detention Center for battery resulting in substantial bodily harm. The incident allegedly took place at a local nightclub the night prior. Video surveillance shows Kamara punching a man approximately 8 times.
Police knew Alvin Kamara was an assault suspect before Pro Bowl
NFL officials were notified by Las Vegas police just before the Pro Bowl that New Orleans Saints running back Alvin Kamara was a suspect in a battery investigation, but officers said they would question him after the game, Commissioner Roger Goodell said Wednesday. Video surveillance shows New Orleans Saints running back Alvin Kamara punching a man approximately eight times before Kamara’s associates proceeded to stomp on him several more times on the ground in a Las Vegas casino Saturday morning, according to the police report from the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department. The man, who was knocked unconscious, sustained an orbital fracture to his right eye, among other injuries, according to the police report. He was later taken into custody inside Las Vegas’ Allegiant Stadium on Sunday evening after he played in the Pro Bowl. He was interviewed by police and then arrested and charged with battery resulting in substantial bodily harm and booked at the Clark County Detention Center. Kamara was released after posting bail later Sunday night. Kamara told police that he and his friends were waiting by an elevator early Saturday when a man approached them and called one of his friends “ugly,” the arrest report states. The man, according to Kamara, also said, “‘I’ll whoop your ass too,'” the report states. The man ended up “being attacked by a total of four suspects” from Kamara’s group, according to surveillance video viewed by police from the nightclub, the report says. Police have not released the surveillance video. Kamara’s first hearing is scheduled for March 8 at 8:30 a.m. PT, according to CNN affiliate KTNV.
What is Alvin Kamara Known For?
- Being an NFL running back.
- Playing for the New Orleans Saints.
What Ethnicity is Alvin Kamara?
Alvin Kamara was born with the real name of Alvin Mentian Kamara on 25th July 1995, under the zodiac sign of Leo. He is from Norcross, Georgia, United States. He holds American nationality and his ethnicity is African-American. He has Liberian ancestry on her mother’s side. He was born to Adama Kamara, a Liberian who raised him as a single parent. There are no details about his father. He also has a sibling, a sister namely Garmai K. Momolu. He follows the Christianity religion. He celebrated his 26th birthday as of 2021.
About his education, he studied at Norcross High School in Norcross, Georgia where he played for the Blue Devils football team. He rushed for 2,264 yards with 26 touchdowns, and he had 22 receptions for 286 yards and five touchdowns and led his high school to its first state championship. He then committed to play college football at the University of Alabama, where he trained under the watchful eye of head coach Nick Saban. For his redshirt freshman season, he transferred from Alabama to Hutchinson Community College in Kansas in 2014. The following year, he again transferred to the University of Tennessee as a red-shirt sophomore where he trained with head coach Butch Jones. As a redshirt sophomore, Kamara played in all 13 games. In 2016, Kamara was a key contributor for the Volunteers in his redshirt junior season. In the final game of his collegiate career, he had seven carries for 31 yards and seven receptions for 46 yards in the victory over #24 Nebraska in the Music City Bowl. He finished third in the SEC in touchdowns for the 2016 season. Following the conclusion of the 2016 season, he decided to forgo his redshirt senior season and enter the 2017 NFL Draft.
Alvin Kamara NFL Career Timeline
- Alvin Kamara’s professional career began when he was selected by the New Orleans Saints in the third round (67th overall) of the 2017 NFL Draft.
- In his 2017 season, he split backfield duties with Mark Ingram Jr. He debuted with seven rushes for 18 yards, four receptions for 20 yards, and one kickoff return for 26 yards against the Minnesota Vikings in September 2011.
- After that, he played against the New England Patriots in Week 2, against Carolina Panthers in Week 3 where he had his first touchdown.
- Next, he played against the Green Bay Packers in Week 6. After the bye week, Kamara had a touchdown against the Chicago Bears, and then 68 rushing yards including a 3-yard touchdown, along with 84 receiving yards including a 33-yard touchdown in a breakout victory over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- He provided 101 receiving yards and 87 rushing yards including a 74-yard rushing touchdown against the Los Angeles Rams.
- After 32 rushing with 58 receiving yards in a Week 16 win over the Atlanta Falcons in the season finale, he had a 106-yard kick return for a touchdown, 44 rushing yards and another touchdown, and 84 receiving yards.
- He had 23 rushing yards, a rushing touchdown, and one reception for 10 yards in the 31–26 victory against the Carolina Panthers in the Wild Card Round.
- He had a 14-yard receiving touchdown from Drew Brees in the fourth quarter to put the Saints up 21–20 in the Divisional Round against the Minnesota Vikings.
- He was named the NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year.
- During his 2018 season, in the season opener, a 48–40 loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, he had eight carries for 29 rushing yards and two rushing touchdowns to go along with nine receptions for 112 receiving yards and a receiving touchdown.
- He had 66 yards rushing to go with a career-best 124 yards receiving on 15 receptions in Week 3 against the Atlanta Falcons.
- He had career-bests in carries (19), rushing yards (134), and rushing touchdowns (3) along with 47 receiving yards to take the NFL lead in total and rushing touchdowns, yards from scrimmage, and all-purpose yards in the following week against the New York Giants.
- He became the first player in NFL history to have 1,000 rushing yards and 1,000 receiving yards in his first 20 games in his Week 4.
- During Week 16 against the Pittsburgh Steelers, he scored two rushing touchdowns in the 31–28 victory.
- Overall, he finished his second professional season with 883 rushing yards and 14 rushing touchdowns to go along with 81 receptions for 709 receiving yards and four receiving touchdowns.
- In the Divisional Round against the Philadelphia Eagles, he had 16 carries for 71 rushing yards and four receptions for 35 receiving yards in the 20–14 victory.
- In the NFC Championship, he had eight carries for 15 rushing yards in addition to 11 receptions for 96 receiving yards in the 26–23 controversial overtime loss to the Los Angeles Rams.
- He was ranked 14th by his fellow players on the NFL Top 100 Players of 2019.
- He had 13 carries for 97 rushing yards and seven receptions for 72 receiving yards in the Saints’ 30–28 victory during the season-opener against the Houston Texans on Monday Night Football.
- During Weeks 6 and 7, Kamara began battling injuries to his ankle and knee, causing him to miss two games in Weeks 7 and 8, but he returned in Week 10 following a Week 9 bye.
- He finished with 797 rushing yards and five rushing touchdowns to go along with 81 receptions for 533 receiving yards and one receiving touchdown in his 2019 season.
- He had seven carries for 21 rushing yards and a rushing touchdown and caught eight passes for 34 receiving yards during the 26–20 overtime loss in the NFC Wild Card Round against the Minnesota Vikings.
- Next, he signed a $75 million contract extension with the Saints before the day of the 2020 season opener.
- He rushed for 16 yards and a touchdown and caught three passes for 51 yards and a touchdown during the 34–23 win in Week 1 against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- On Christmas Day, 2020, he rushed for 155 yards in a 52–33 victory over the Minnesota Vikings and tied Hall of Famer Ernie Nevers’ 91-year old NFL record of six rushing touchdowns in a single game.
- He was activated from the COVID-19 list on 9th January 2021.
- In the Divisional Round against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, he recorded 105 yards from scrimmage during the 30–20 loss.
- In Week 14, after missing the previous 4 games due to injury, he returned with 27 rushes for 120 yards and a touchdown along with 4 receptions for 25 yards in a 30–9 win over the New York Jets.
- On 6th February 2022, following the Pro Bowl in Las Vegas, he was arrested and booked into the Clark County Detention Center for battery resulting in substantial bodily harm. The incident allegedly took place at a local nightclub the night prior. Video surveillance shows Kamara punching a man approximately 8 times.
Awards and Achievements
- NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year (2017)
- 2× Second-team All-Pro (2017, 2020)
- 5× Pro Bowl (2017–2021)
- PFWA All-Rookie Team (2017)
Who is Alvin Kamara Girlfriend?
Alvin Kamara is currently in a relationship. Alvin Kamara went public with his relationship with girlfriend Te’a Cooper in September 2021. The two had previously kept their relationship quiet during the early days. Both Kamara and Cooper had been in relationships earlier in 2021. Te’a Cooper is a point guard for the Los Angeles Sparks in the WNBA. After making her way through the college system including Tennessee, South Carolina, and Baylor, she was drafted to the WNBA in 2020. She was originally drafted by the Phoenix Mercury but was cut in April 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. So far in 2021/22, Cooper has made 28 appearances, making an average of eight points per game. Today, the duo is living a happy life. His sexual orientation is straight.
Previously, he was in a relationship with Just Ace, a New Orlean-based stripper. The couple broke up in 2019.
How much is Alvin Kamara Worth?
Alvin Kamara is a football running back for the New Orleans Saints of the National Football League (NFL). As of 2022, the net worth of Alvin Kamara is estimated to have $8 Million. On 3rd June 2017, he signed his first professional contract a 4 year $3.85 million deal with New Orleans, including a $972,772 signing bonus, $972,772 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $964,443. The day before the Saints’ 2020 season opener Kamara signed a five-year contract extension worth $75 million that came with a $15 million signing bonus, $33 million guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $15 million. His main source of wealth is from football career. Today, he is living a lavish lifestyle from his earnings. He owns the Big Squeezy, a Louisiana-based juice and smoothie chain with locations in Baton Rouge, Hammond, Mandeville, and New Orleans. On June 20, 2021, NASCAR named Kamara as the Growth and Engagement Advisor. He became interested in the sport the previous year when NASCAR and its drivers participated in racial justice activism such as the sanctioning body’s ban of the Confederate battle flag from race tracks and Bubba Wallace’s Black Lives Matter-themed car.
How tall is Alvin Kamara?
Alvin Kamara is a handsome man who stands at the perfect height of 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m) and his balanced weight consists of 215 lb (98 kg). His body type is athletic. He has a pair of dark brown eyes and his chair color is also the same. He has long dreadlocks and he has a nose ring. His other body measurement is unavailable at a moment. He has got a healthy body at present.