Woodrow Tracy Harrelson famous as Woody harrelson He is a famous American actor and playwright who rose to fame after appearing in the television comedy Cheers as the bartender Woody Boyd. After that, he made his appearance in many movies. Some of his notable works include Billy Hoyle in White Men Can ' t Jump (1992), Mickey Knox in Natural Born Killers (1994), Larry Flynt in The People vs. Larry Flynt (1996), Zombieland (2009), Capt. Tony Stone in The Messenger (2009), Dave Brown in Rampart (2011), Charlie Frost in 2012 (2009), Haymitch Abernathy in the movie series The Hunger Games (2012-2015), Merritt McKinney in the movie series Now You See Me (2013) -2016), the colonel in the war for the planet of the apes (2017), Rex Walls in The Glass Castle (2017), Bill Willoughby in Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (2017), Tobias Beckett in Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018) and Maney Gault in The Highwaymen (2019). Recently, Woody Harrelson welcomes Billie Eilish, who became his first day at SNL (Saturday Night Live). In general, he is a very talented actor.
Woody's early life
Woody was born on July 23, 1961 as Woodrow Tracy Harrelson in Midland, Texas, USA. UU. His nationality is American and his ethnicity is white. As of 2019, he celebrated his 58th birthday with his friends and family. His religion is Christian. He was born of Charles, his father and Brett Harrelson, his mother. His father was a convicted hitman who received a life sentence for the 1979 murder of federal judge John H. Wood Jr. His father died in the United States Penitentiary, Maximum Administrative Facility on March 15, 2007. He and his two brothers, Jordan and Brett, were raised in a Presbyterian house. His family was poor and depended on his mother's secretary salary. He attended Lebanon High School and then went to Hanover College joining the Sigma Chi fraternity. He received a degree in theater and English in 1983.
Woody body measurements
At the age of 58, Woody still looks very handsome and young. His lovely smile attracts many people to him. It has a height of 5 feet 9 inches with the perfect body weight of 83 kg. Its eye color is blue and its hair color is blond. The size of his waist is 36 inches, the size of the chest is 42 inches and the size of his arms is 15 inches. In general, he maintained a lot of his body and has a healthy body.
Woody's TV career
- Woody rose to fame after his appearance in the NBC comedy "Cheers," where he played as bartender Woody Boyd, who replaced the coach (played by Nicholas Colasanto, who died in February 1985).
- After that, he joined the cast in 1985 in the fourth season, spending the last eight seasons (1985-1993) on the show.
- For the program, he was also nominated for five Emmy awards, winning once in 1989.
- He then acted as a guest on "Frasier" for which he was nominated for an Emmy Award for Best Guest Actor in a Comedy Series for this performance.
- He then played his part in several 2001 episodes of Will & Grace as Grace's new boyfriend, Nathan.
- He was interviewed by Stephen Colbert, to promote his movie The Messenger on November 12, 2009.
- He returned to television in 2014 in the first season of the HBO crime series True Detective.
- He participated playing in Soccer Aid 2010 for UNICEF UK on June 6, 2010.
- He scored to win the game for the team "The rest of the world", beating England for the first time since the tournament began.
- He also participated in Soccer Aid 2012 on May 27, 2012. The match ended 3-1 in favor of England.
Woody's film career
- Woody made his film debut in the movie Wildcats, a 1986 comedy movie.
- After that, he appeared in White Men Can ' t Jump (1992) and at the Money Train box office bomb (1995).
- He appeared in the drama Indecent Proposal in 1993.
- He played in Natural Born Killers and The Sunchaser.
- He starred in the comedy Kingpin for the Farrelly brothers in 1996.
- He acted in the Milos Forman movie The People vs.. Larry Flynt With this movie, he even got more fame in his career.
- His performance was nominated for a Golden Globe and an Academy Award for Best Actor.
- He starred in the 1997 war movie Welcome to Sarajevo and in 1997 he had a leading role as Sergeant Schumann in Wag the Dog.
- He acted in the thriller Palmetto and played Sergeant Keck in The Thin Red Line, a war film nominated for seven Academy Awards in 1999.
- He made other films like The Hi-Lo Country and even played Ray Pekurny in the EDtv comedy.
- After that, he played in the movie "Play It to the Bone" and "Anger Management".
- In addition, he appeared in the action movie After the Sunset, She Hate Me, The Big White, North Country, "The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio," Free Jimmy and also A Scanner Darkly.
- He played Carter Page III, gay escort of privileged women of Washington D.C., in the movie The Walker in 2007.
- He played in the thriller and crime film No Country for Old Men, for which he won a Screen Actors Guild Award for best cast.
- Then he appeared in the movie Semi-Pro, Seven Pounds, The Messenger.
- For the movie The Messenger, he was nominated for a Satellite Award, an Independent Spirit Award, a Golden Globe Award, a Screen Actors Guild Award and an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor.
- He co-starred in the horror comedy Zombieland and then appeared in the movie "2012".
- He acted as a bartender and mentor in the futuristic western martial arts film Bunraku in 2010 and Friends with Benefits in 2011.
- He also directed the 2011 ETHOS movie and played in "The Hunger Game" in 2012.
- He had a leading role in Game Change as Republican strategist Steve Schmidt in 2012.
- He and his daughter Zoe starred in a 7-minute short film for ' Song for Someone ' of U2 in 2015.
- He played the antagonist The Colonel in the science fiction movie War for the Planet of the Apes in 2017.
- He starred in The Glass Castle in the same year.
- He played police chief Bill Willoughby in the black comedy film Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, for which he received the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor and the Screen Actors Guild Award for outstanding performance by an actor male in a secondary role nomination.
- He then starred in the movie Solo: A Star Wars Story in 2018.
- It appears in a cameo at the end of the movie Venom, portraying Cletus Kasady in the same year, that is, 2018.
Marital status, wife, children
- Woody is a married person and married twice in his life. He married his girlfriend, Nancy Simon, on June 29, 1985 and the couple separated on January 20, 1986 after a year.
- After that, he married Laura Louie on December 28, 2008. The couple has been blessed with three children. As of now, the couple is living a happy life without discomfort. They are enjoying their life very much. Currently, the couple resides in Maui, Hawaii, USA. UU.
Woody net worth
The net worth of this famous actor will surely be millions, since he has appeared in many films and his many films made a good collection at the box office. It is estimated that its net worth as of 2019 is $ 65 million. Your exact salary has not yet been revealed, but it will be added soon. There is no doubt in the minds of his followers that he is earning a considerable amount of salary from his current job. In general, you are satisfied with your earnings.