Unai Emery Etxegoien named shortly as Unai Emery He is the current coach of the Premier League Arsenal club. He was appointed head coach of the English club Arsenal in May 2018, after the resignation of Arsenal manager, Arsene Wenger. He is also a Spanish soccer coach and former soccer player. In 2004, he retired from his career as a soccer player and began training. In addition, he also received the Miguel Muñoz Trophy.
Unai Emery refuses to discuss Mesut Ozil's exile, while Arsenal fans sing during the Europa League victory
Unai Emery was not in the mood to discuss Mesut Ozil's continued exile from the Arsenal team. After the victory of the 3-2 club in the Europa League against Vitoria, which saw the midfielder excluded, Ozil has now been left out of the last five games, but the coach would not be attracted by the continuous ostracism of the club's biggest player . The Gunners had fallen 1-0 and then 2-1 behind and some fans decided to send a message to Emery singing: "We have Ozil, Mesut Ozil, I just don't think they understand."
Charlie Nicholas mocks two Arsenal stars and hits Unai Emery
Charlie Nicholas has made fun of Arsenal defenders David Luiz and Sokratis Papastathopoulos and has questioned the Gunners' chief, Unai Emery, for his dealings with Kieran Tierney and Héctor Bellerin. Arsenal seemed to be heading for another disappointing defeat on Thursday night when they followed the Europa League rivals Vitoria Guimaraes 2-1 in the Emirates with ten minutes remaining. Nicolas Pepe rescued Emery's team with two excellent free throws when Arsenal avoided his second consecutive loss and retained his place at the top of Group F. Despite the victory, Nicholas still has great reservations about Arsenal and says he "feels penalty "for goalkeeper Bernd Leno for the fragile defense of the team.
What is the birthplace of Unai Emery?
With the birth name of Unai Emery Etxegoien, he was born on November 3, 1971. His place of birth is Hondarribia, Spain. He has Spanish nationality and his race is white. As of 2018, he celebrated his 47th birthday with his friends and family. He was born of Juan, his father and Amelia Etxegoien, his mother. His grandfather's name is Antonio. His father and grandfather were both goalkeepers, while his uncle, Roman, played as a midfielder. His religion is Christian. There is no exact information about his brothers and education, but it will be added soon once we get details about it.
How tall is Unai Emery?
At forty-seven, Unai still looks very handsome and fit. He manages his body a lot by exercising and managing his diet. He is very serious about his food consumption. In addition, his skin tone is white with black hair and brown eyes. With his glowing face and charming smile, he has attracted a lot of attention from the spectators. He is a very fashionable person with a great attitude. It has an average height of 1.80 m or five feet eleven inches. More information about your body measurements, such as weight, bicep size, waist size and more, has not been disclosed by him or any website has revealed. In general, it has a healthy body.
Unai Emery's early career
- Unai was a young graduate of the Royal Society, but never entered the first team.
- At 24 years old, he appeared in five La Liga games, scoring against Albacete Balompie in an 8-1 victory at home.
- He resumed his career mainly in the Second Division, accumulating a total of 215 games and nine goals in seven seasons.
- At 32, he retired with Lorca Deportiva CF after his only season in Second Division B.
Management career of Unai Emery
- In Lorca, Unai suffered a serious knee injury in the 2004-2005 season.
- Later, the club president offered him the position of vacant manager and immediately helped the club achieve promotion to the second division for the first time in its history.
- He moved to Almeria in division two and helped his squad overcome: after leading them to a first promotion in 2007, the Andalusian team finished eighth in La Liga in 2007-2008.
- In his first season with Los Che, he led them to sixth place, with the post-UEFA Europa League qualification in the 2008-2009 season.
- The team reached the knockout stages of the UEFA Cup, a total 3-3 loss to Dynamo Kyiv and the quarterfinals of the Copa del Rey, leaving Sevilla.
- He led Valencia to third place in the 2009-2010 season.
- The club returned to the UEFA Champions League after two years.
- They lost in the quarterfinals to the eventual winner of Atlético de Madrid and left in the round of 16 of the Copa del Rey against Deportivo de La Coruña, losing 3-4 in the aggregate in the Europa League.
- He extended his contract for next year in May 2010.
- It started without David Villa and David Silva in the 2010-2011 season.
- Valencia won five of the first six league games (with a draw), starting the Champions League campaign with a 4-0 victory in Turkey against Bursaspor.
- Later, the club was eliminated in the round of 16 by Schalke and knocked out at the same stage in the Copa del Rey by Villareal.
- He left the club in June 2012, after finishing third again in 2011-2012.
- Leonid Fedun, owner of Spartak Moscow, announced it on May 13, 2012 as coach of the Russian club during the following two seasons.
- He was fired after a streak of poor results on November 25 against the Moscow Dynamo.
- He returned to Spanish football on January 14, 2013, replacing the fired Michel at the helm of Seville, where he led the club to fifth place in the 2013-2014 season, which is his first full season.
- He won the Europa League final, defeating Benfica on penalties on May 14, 2014.
- He again won the Europa League after defeating Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk after finishing the 2014-2015 season in fifth place.
- He then signed a one-year contract extension on June 5, 2015 that would have kept him in the club until 2017.
- He took Sevilla to seventh position in the 2015-2016 season.
- He expressed his desire to leave Seville on June 12, 2016.
- After that, he signed a two-year contract, with the option of a third party, to succeed Laurent Blanc in the French quadruple Paris Saint-Germain on June 28, 2016.
- He led PSG to second place in his Champions League group, behind Arsenal.
- He earned his second honor with les Rouge-et-Bleu with a 4-1 victory over the Monaco title rival in the League Cup final on April 1.
- He announced his decision to leave the Parisian club at the end of the season with a year remaining in his contract on April 28, 2018.
- Later, he was replaced by German coach Thomas Tuchel in the PSG after the conclusion of the 2017-2018 season.
- He was appointed new head coach of Arsenal on May 23, 2018, where he agreed to a two-year contract with the club, with the club with the option to extend his contract for another year.
- He again reached the final of the Europa League, but did not succeed, as Arsenal was defeated 4-1 by the English finalists Chelsea.
- He broke the previous Arsenal club record in the 2019 summer transfer by signing to Ivory Coast endman Nicolas Pepe, also brought David Luiz from rival Chelsea and Scotsman Kieran Tierney of Celtic, where Pepe recorded his first assist against the archenemy Tottenham in a 2-2 draw.
Who is Unai Emery's wife?
The marital status of Unai Emery is married. In addition, he is also the proud father of a son named Lander Emery Fernández with his beautiful wife named Luisa Fernández. The couple got married in 2005. As of today, the couple is living a happy life with each other and the couple is less likely to divorce. Both respect and support each other in difficult times and are loyal to each other. At present, they lead a happy family life. Speaking of his sexual orientation, he is heterosexual.
What is the net worth and salary of Unai Emery?
The net worth of the football coach will surely be millions. He is currently the head coach of the Arsenal club of the Premier League. The net value of Unai Emery is estimated at $ 13 million according to some sources as of 2019. While it is mentioned that her salary currently has $ 6 million. At the age of forty-seven, Unai has everything with financial security, fame and a loving wife with a child. He made all his wealth with his dedication and hard work. In general, you are satisfied with your earnings.