Biography of Tika Sumpter
Tika Sumpter is an American actor, singer, producer, model and television host. She is best known for her consistent appearances on TV shows and movies that have won millions of hearts around the world. He made his debut after the cast in the musical drama, “Stomp the Yard: Homecoming” as the main cast. Her fame increased further after she appeared on the ABC series “One Life to Live” as Layla Williamson.
Tika began her career as the host of Best Friend’s Date (2004-2005), a reality series on The N. Later, she appeared in supporting roles for What Your Number? (2011) and Think Like a Man (2012), before starring in Sparkle (2012) and A Madea Christmas (2013).
In 2013, she appeared as Candace Young, the protagonist of the Oprah Winfrey Network soap opera, The Haves and the Have Nots. She later starred as Angela Payton in the action-comedy films Ride Along (2014) and the sequel to Ride Along 2 (2016).
In 2016, Tika produced and starred as Michelle Robinson in the highly acclaimed biographical drama romantic drama Southside with You (2016). In 2020, she appeared as Maddie Wachowski in the family comedy Sonic the Hedgehog.
Tika Sumpter Age
Sumpter is 40 years old from 2020. She it was born on June 20, 1980, Queens, New York, United States of America.
Tika Sumpter Wife
Sumpter married Hosea Chanchez from 2009-2012. Hosea is an American actor known for his recurring role in For Your Love and footballer Malik Wright in the comedy series The CW / BET, The Game. She also dated her baby dad, Nicholas James, a compatriot of “The Haves and the Have Nots.”
Tika Sumpter Family
Sumpter it’s the daughter of Arthur Curtis Sumpter, Sr. and Janice Acquista. He is also known to have a brother named Curtis Sumpter.
Tika Sumpter Children | Daughter
Sumpter is Ella Loren’s mother. Her daughter is 3 years old from 2020.
Tika Sumpter Height | Weight
Sumpter standing on one height 1.7 m (5 feet 6 inches). In addition, she weighs about 55 pounds (121 pounds).
Tika Sumpter Training
Sumpter attended Longwood High School in Middle Island, New York, where she was a cheerleader. After graduating from high school, he enrolled at Marymount Manhattan College, where he earned a degree in communications.
Career Tika Sumpter
Sumpter began her career at the age of 24. In 2014, she appeared as the co-host of “Best Friend’s Date” in N. She was discovered in 2005 when she played Layla Williamson in the long-running TV series “One Life in Life”.
In 2009, Tika appeared in the movie “The Best” by Brooklyn. However, her role was not accredited. Her recognition for her previous series gave her the opportunity to star in the big-budget film, “Stomp the Yard: Homecoming”, a film released in 2010. She played the role of Nikki.
In 2011, Tika starred as Emma in the movie “Whisper me a Lullaby” where her work was loved by many, including her critics. Her next big thing was playing Yvonne Fair in the 2014 movie “Get on Up”. Her work was nominated for the Black Reel Award for Best Set. In addition to the movies and TV shows in her earnings, Ride Along 2 “,” The Haves and the Have Nots “,” Being Mary Jane “,” The Game “,” Gossip Girl “,” Law & Order: Special Victims Unit “including.
She was quite shocked when she was offered to play the young Michelle Obama in Barack Obama’s biography, “Southside with You”. For her outstanding performance, she even became a member of the production team for this project.
On October 7, 2016, it was announced that Tika would play a leading role and contribute to the production of the political drama, The 313 for CBS. In the show, he played as mayor of Detroit.
In 2018, he appeared with Carsey Affleck, Sissy Spacek, Danny Glover and Robert Redford in the drama The Old Man & the Gun, a film directed by David Lowery. At the same time, he appeared with Jamie Lee Curtis in An Acceptable Loss, a political thriller written and directed by Joe Chappelle.
In 2019, Tika starred in the comedy series ABC Mixed-ish, a spin-off of Black-ish, playing the lead role of Alicia, Rainbow’s mother. Most recently in 2020, he co-starred with James Marsden and Jim Carrey in the action comedy Sonic the Hedgehog based on the video game franchise.
Tika Sumpter Movies and TV shows
- 2009 Brooklyn Best as a Neighborhood Girl
- 2010 Stomp the Yard: Homecoming as Nikki
- 2010 Salt as a receptionist
- 2011 Whisper Me a Lullaby as Emma
- 2011 What is your number? as Jamie
- 2012 Think Like a Man as Dominic’s ex-girlfriend
- 2012 Sparkle as Delores “Dee” Anderson
- 2013 Christmas Madea as Lacey
- 2014 Ride Along as Angela Payton
- 2014 My Man is a loser as Clarissa
- «014 Upload as Yvonne Report
- 2015 that you never left as a euphemism
- 2016 Ride Along 2 as Angela Payton-Barber
- 2016 Southside with you as Michelle Robinson Obama
- 2018 The Old Man & the Gun as Maureen
- 2018 No one is as stupid as Danitsa
- 2019 An acceptable loss as Elizabeth “Libby” Lamm
- 2019 The Nomads as Cassey McNamara
- 2020 Sonic the Hedgehog as Maddie Wachowski
- 2022 Sonic the Hedgehog 2 as Maddie Wachowski
TV shows Tika Sumpter
- 2004–05 Best friend’s date alone
- 2005–11 One Life to Live as Layla Williamson
- Law and Order 2006: Special Victims Unit as Vegas
- 2011 Gossip Girl as Raina Thorpe
- 2011–12 The game as Jenna Rice
- 2013 Being Mary Jane as Tonya
- 2013 – Introduce Haves and Have Nots as Candace Young
- 2015 Bessie as Lucille
- 2018 – today the Final Space as Quinn, Nightfall
- 2019 – present Mixed-ish as Alicia Jackson
Tika Sumpter Net Worth
Sumpter has a net value $ 6 million by 2021. Her fortune was honestly gained through her successful career as an actress, singer and model.