Skepta He is a British grime artist, rapper and composer, famous for his raps that are full of aggrandizement and anti-establishment slogans. With four studio albums and five mixtapes, this record producer and music video director born in Tottenham has made his way into the music industry with great determination.
Today, he has effectively captured the attention of the next generation population and has achieved wide recognition despite remaining an independent artist. Attract large crowds at festivals and events worldwide. Despite being a celebrity, he seems to be a person with his feet on the ground that moves without security guards, since he doesn't like the idea of security guards moving people away from him. A firm believer in the concept of union, argues that getting in touch with the purpose of life is important for success.
Source: @ standard.co.uk
Who are Skepta's parents?
Remembering his first years of life, Skepta was born as Joseph Junior Adenuga in Tottenham, north London, United Kingdom. His parents Ivy Adenuga and Joseph Adenuga are from Nigeria and emigrated to England in the hope of a better future for their children. His mother has written a book about his escape from the Nigerian civil war.
He is the oldest of four brothers and grew up in Meridian Walk Estate in Tottenham. His brother Jamie Adenuga, known as Jme, is a musician. As for his education, Skepta studied at the Winchmore Council School.
When did Skepta start singing?
Source: @ reddit.com
- Skepta began his musical career by directing to rap presentations and appearing on pirate radios. He worked as a DJ at Meridian Crew, a dirt team based in Tottenham. During that time, he released a series of instrumentals that include the "DTI (Pirate Station Anthem)" and "Private Caller".
- After Meridian Crew broke up in 2005, Skepta, his brother Jme and fellow rapper Joseph Bamber joined Roll Deep, a dirt team.
- In 2006, Skepta, along with Jme, started ‘Boy Better Know’, a collective of English filth and record label. It was founded in North London as an independent record label. The members of the collective also published their music through this record label.
- After the formation of "Boy Better Know", Skepta competed with his partner MC Devilman for the DVD "Lord of the Mics 2". The clash is still remembered as one of the biggest clashes in the history of dirt. After the successful clash, he released a mixtape titled "Joseph Junior Adenuga".
- He released his debut album "Greatest Hits" on September 17, 2007, through "Boy Better Know." On September 15, 2008, it independently launched "Rolex Sweep" as a digital download. He became the lead single of his second studio album "Microphone Champion". "Rolex Sweep" reached number 86 in the UK Singles Chart.
- He released his second studio album ' Microphone Champion ' on June 1, 2009. The album included ' Rolex Sweep & # 39 ;, which was the first single from the album that was released on September 15, 2008. It reached number 86 in the United Kingdom. Singles menu.
- "Too Many Man", the second single from the album, was released on May 18, 2009, which reached number 79 on the UK singles list. The third single from the album, "Lush", was released on October 12, 2009.
- His third studio album "Doin ' It Again" was released on January 31, 2011, in Boy Better Know. Prior to the album's release, five singles were released, four of which appeared on the UK's Top 40 Singles list.
- ' Bad Boy ' It was the main song, which was released as a digital download on March 15, 2010. ' Rescue Me & # 39 ;, the second single, was released as a digital download on June 27, 2010. The third single, ' Cross My Heart & # 39 ;, which featured the voice of singer Preeya Kalidas, was also released as a digital download on October 17, 2010.
Source: @ thesun.co.uk
- The fourth song "So Alive" was released as a single on February 6, 2011. "Amnesia", the fifth single, was released on February 27, 2011. It reached number 164 on the UK singles list. "Rescue me" was the most successful, and reached number 14.
- In 2012, he released two singles from his next fourth album, "Hold On" and "Make Peace Not War." The singles found in the Top 40 singles in the United Kingdom. After a warm response from the first two singles, he released a "Blacklisted" mixtape on December 2, 2012.
- On June 8, 2014, he released a single, "That's not me," which featured his brother Jme. The single reached number 21 on the UK charts. He later became the lead single of his fourth album "Konnichiwa". That same month, he made a verse for the remix of "German Whip" by Meridian Dan.
- In 2014, he released another single ' It Ain ' t Safe & # 39 ;, followed by ' Shutdown ' in 2015. On February 14, 2016, he released the single ' Ladies Hit Squad & # 39 ;, which featured American rapper A $ AP Nast and grime artist D double E.
- On May 6, 2016, "Boy Better Know" released Skepta's fourth studio album "Konnichiwa." The album was released at a party in Tokyo, and Skepta performed the entire album live. The album had four main singles, of which "That Not Me", "Shutdown" and "Man" reached the Top 40 charts.
- The album received widespread acclaim from critics. It was also included in several lists of major albums of 2016 internationally. "The Guardian" and "Apple Music" named it the best album of 2016.
- In April 2017, he started his "Forbidden of America" tour. It included 14 shows in the United States and Europe. The tour had been named as such because his previous tour in the United States was canceled since his visa to enter the United States was denied.
- Skepta appears in the hit A $ AP Rocky "Praise the Lord (Da Shine)", which was released in May 2018. The single appeared on the Billboard Hot 100. Also in May, Skepta released their single "Pure Water", which peaked at number 78 in the United Kingdom. He followed this in June with "Energy (Stay Far Away)" with Wizkid, which reached number 59.
Source: @ pinterest.es
Is Skepta married or not?
Reflecting on his personal life, Skepta has been so private about his life behind closed doors. Previously, he revealed his love relationship with his girlfriend Naomi Campbell. The couple gave birth to a lovely child at the end of 2018 and the news also highlighted that the couple got married the next few days.
But according to recent online sources, Skepta runs the rumor of being dating Adele, which is shocking news for the reader. According to The Sun, the new couple has been in contact since Adele first announced their separation with Konecki in April. To learn more interesting facts about him, stay tuned with us.
How much net worth does Skepta have?
Since his career, Skepta earns the sum of a good amount of money and fame as a singer in the field of the music industry. According to online sites, their estimated net worth was $ 2 million as of 2019. However, their salary has not yet been disclosed.
Source: @ irishmirror.ie
How tall is Skepta?
Observing the statistics of his body, Skepta has a height of 6 feet 0 inches and weighs around 75 Kg. His two eyes and his hair color is black. In addition, your other body information has not yet been disclosed. In the case of an update, we will let you know.