Shea Weber quick facts
|Celebrated name||Shea weber|
|Nick name||N / A|
|Birth name||Shea Michael Weber|
|Date of birth||1985-08-14|
|Profession||Ice hockey player|
|Place of birth||Sicamous, British Columbia|
|Height||6 feet 5 inches|
|Siblings||It will be updated soon …|
|Net worth||$ 24 million|
|Eye color||Dark brown|
|Hair color||Dark brown|
|Richness' fountain||Sports industry|
|Religion||It will be updated soon …|
|Links||Wikipedia Instagram Twitter, Facebook|
Shea weber He is a Canadian professional ice hockey defender who serves as the captain of the Montreal Canadiens of the National Hockey League (NHL). He is an NHL All-Star and twice an Olympic gold medalist. He has represented Canada in several events approved by the International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF), winning a gold medal at the World Junior Ice Hockey Championship in 2005, a gold medal at the World Ice Hockey Championship in 2007 and two Olympic gold medals in 2010 and the 2014 Winter Olympics. In addition, it was changed to the Canadiens in exchange for PK Subban on June 29, 2016. To learn more about the player, read on below.
What makes Shea Weber famous?
A Canadian professional ice hockey player. He was one of 42 players named for the 2011 NHL Star Game in Raleigh, North Carolina. For the first time in its history, the NHL used a fantasy draft format to select teams for the All-Star Game, and Weber was selected eighth overall by Team Lidstrom.
Where is Shea Weber born?
Remembering his first years of life, Weber was born as Shea Michael Weber in Sicamous, British Columbia. His mother, Tracy, was a hairdresser, and his father, James Weber, worked at a sawmill. It is Canadian by nationality and belongs to the white ethnic group. His birth sign is Leo. Information about his siblings and their academic qualifications have not yet been disclosed.
When did Shea Weber start playing hockey?
- Weber first played organized ice hockey at age six. While growing up, he played in the Sicamous Hockey Association and Minor District, a division of the British Columbia Amateur Hockey Association (BCAHA), often switching between forward and defense positions.
- In the second year of Weber's rooster, he permanently changed the defense. He credits his father for convincing him to make the change because he thought Weber "would have a better chance at a professional career as a defense."
- Throughout his career, Weber has represented Canada in several international ice hockey tournaments. His first experience with Hockey Canada was for the national youth team when, on December 22, 2004, he was named to the list for the 2005 World Junior Ice Hockey Championship in Grand Forks, North Dakota.
- On September 10, 2004, Weber signed a three-year, $ 1,425 million contract with the Nashville Predators. A year and a half later, Weber made his NHL debut on January 6, 2006 against the Detroit Red Wings, recording three shots on goal in 11:08 minutes of ice time.
- On June 23, 2008, Weber signed a three-year, $ 13.5 million contract extension with the Predators, avoiding restricted free agency. During his first year of the new contract, Weber established himself as one of the best defenders of the NHL. At the midpoint of the season, he was among the statistical leaders of the defenders, was considered one of the favorites to win the Norris Trophy and was named on the list of the Western Conference for the All-Star Game of the National Hockey League 2009 in Montreal.
- On July 8, 2010, Weber was named the fifth captain in the history of Nashville Predators, replacing Jason Arnott, who was changed to the New Jersey Devils. He became the youngest captain in franchise history and the only Predators captain recruited by the team.
- During the 2015-16 season, Weber recorded his first race hat-trick on December 5 against the Detroit Red Wings, which was also the first of a Predator defender. Weber would continue his ways of scoring goals, tying the Paul Kariya franchise record for power goals in a season with 14 and ending his third season of more than 20 goals.
- On October 1, 2018, Weber was named the 30th captain of the Canadiens, replacing Max Pacioretty after being changed to the Golden Knights of Las Vegas on September 10, 2018. However, Weber did not join the lineup of the Canadiens until November 27 due to an injury. during the low season that required surgery. In his second return game, he scored two goals in a 5-2 victory against the New York Rangers.
Is Shea Weber married or not?
Reflecting on her personal life, Shea Weber is currently married to high school girlfriend Bailey Munro. The couple got married in 2013 and have been together for about 6 years. The couple has two children together. From now on, the couple seems to be happy and live a happy life.
What is the net worth of Shea Weber?
As a professional ice hockey player, Weber earns a decent amount of money and fame in the field of the sports industry. Based on online sites, its estimated net worth is $ 24 million today. However, his salary has not yet been revealed.
How tall is Shea Weber?
Observing the statistics of his body, Weber measures a height of 6 feet 5 inches and weighs about 106 kg. He has a pair of dark brown eyes and hair color. Your other body information has not yet been disclosed. In case of disclosure, we will let you know.