Mitt Romney is an American politician and entrepreneur who currently serves as a junior senator for the United States since Utah since January 2019. Romney also served as the 70th Governor of Massachusetts from 2003 to 2007. In 2012, Time magazine included Romney. in his List of the 100 Most Influential People in the world. Recently, on October 21, 2019, Mitt Romney admitted to having a secret Twitter account to defend himself from criticism.
Why is Mitt Romney famous?
- Famous as the American politician and American junior senator from Utah.
Source: @Mitt Romney
When was Mitt Romney born?
Mitt Romney was born on March 12, 1947 in Detroit, Michigan, United States. His birth name is Willard Mitt Romney. American is your nationality. His zodiac sign is Pisces. White is his ethnicity.
He was born to George Romney (father) and Lenore Romney (mother). His parents were also politicians. He has a brother, Scott Romney and two sisters, Jane and Margo Lynn Romney. He grew up in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, along with his brothers. Since his childhood, he was interested in politics. He had also participated in political campaigns of his parents.
He studied at the Cranbook school. Later, in 1971, he went to Brigham Young University, where he earned a degree in English. Later, he graduated from Harvard Law School with a law degree. In 1975, he attended Harvard Business School and graduated with a degree in Business Administration. He also helped his parents in his political campaign.
The highlights of Mitt Romney's career
Source: @Mitt Romney
- Mitt Romney began his professional career after joining the Boston Consulting Group (BCG) as a management consultant in 1975.
- In 1977, Romney was hired by the management consulting firm, "Bain & Company".
- Romney became an advisor to the president of the Boston Stake in 1977.
- Romney served as vice president of the firm in 1978, where he was referred to as one of his best consultants.
- In 1984, Romney left "Bain & Company" when he co-founded and directed the spin-off company, "Bain Capital."
- Later, in 1990, Romney was announced as the CEO of "Bain & Company", where he led the company out of a financial crisis.
- Romney served as bishop of his neighborhood and later as stake president in "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints" (LDS Church).
- In 1994, Romney ran as a Republican candidate in the 1994 Senate elections in Massachusetts.
- In February 1999, Romney served as president and CEO of the Organizing Committee for the Salt Lake City 2002 Olympic Games.
- He restructured the organization's leadership and policies and soon emerged as the local public face of the Olympic effort.
- However, Romney separated from "Bain Capital" in early 2002, earning millions of dollars as annual income.
- Romney was elected as the 70th Governor of Massachusetts on January 2, 2003. He presided over the elimination of a projected deficit of $ 1.2–1.5 billion over fiscal loopholes during his tenure.
- Romney announced his candidacy for the Republican nomination in the 2008 US presidential elections on February 13, 2007.
- Romney released his book entitled "No apologies: the case of American greatness" in March 2010.
- Romney became the first member of the LDS Church to be a presidential candidate of an important party to be a candidate for the 2012 presidential elections.
- However, he was defeated by current Democratic President Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential elections.
- Romney was elected U.S. Senator from Utah on November 6, 2018.
- On February 16, 2018, Romney formally launched his campaign through a video message posted on Facebook and Twitter.
- Romney became the third personality to serve as governor of one state and senator of another state after the general elections for the US Senate seat in Utah on November 6, 2018.
- Romney condemned the Easter bombings of Sri Lanka of 2019 on April 21, 2019.
- On October 21, 2019, Romney admitted running a secret Twitter account under the mysterious pseudonym "Pierre Delecto" to defend himself against criticism from the columnist.
Who is Mitt Romney married to?
Source: @Mitt Romney
The American politician, Mitt Romney, is married to Ann Davies. Ann Davies is an equestrian, author and philanthropist who had served as the First Lady of Massachusetts for four years (2003-2007). The couple got married in 1969. The couple is happy and there are no rumors of their divorce.
The couple is blessed with five children, Tagg, Matt, Josh, Ben and Craig. Mitt is also the grandfather of David Milt and William Romney. He currently lives in Michigan with his family. He is also active in social networks with around 90k followers on Instagram.
How much is Mitt Romney's net worth?
The American politician, Mitt Romney, has an estimated net worth of $ 230 million as of 2019. The politician earns a good amount of money from his profession. Your net worth also includes your shares, stocks and assets. He is supposed to be one of the richest American politicians.
Romney's previous company, "Bain Company" had also bought stakes of $ 1 billion in 1996 and sold months later with a profit of $ 700 million as well, making a profit of $ 1 billion after two years. Romney has about $ 31 million in cash, $ 500,000 in gold and less than a quarter of his financial assets from the "Bain Company."
Romney lists an additional $ 3.7 million in dividend income (trust funds) and $ 6.8 million in net capital gains. In 2012, Romney and his wife, Ann had a net worth of between $ 190 and $ 250 million.
With all the fortune in millions of dollars, Romney is living a luxurious and luxurious lifestyle.
How tall is Mitt Romney?
Mitt Romney, a 72-year-old billionaire politician, has a medium-maintained body physique. Romney stands 6 feet tall. 2 inches. (1.88 m) while your body weighs about 84 kg (185 pounds). Romney has a clear complexion with gray hair and hazel eyes.