Michael Bloomberg is an American businessman, politician, author and philanthropist ranked as the ninth richest person in the United States and the fourteenth richest person in the world in 2019. Bloomberg is co-founder, CEO and owner of a company valued at one billion, "Bloomberg LP ". Bloomberg also served as the 108th mayor of New York City for three consecutive years in 2001. On November 7, 2019, Bloomberg announced that he would compete in the 2020 presidential race but not in 2019.
Why is Michael Bloomberg famous?
- Famous as the billionaire business tycoon and founder of "Bloomberg L.P.".
Where is Michael Bloomberg from?
Michael Bloomberg was born on February 14, 1942 in Brighton, Massachusetts, United States. His birth name is Michael Rubens Bloomberg. Bloomberg belongs to the white ethnic group, while Aquarius is his zodiac sign.
Michael was born in a Jewish family of William Henry Bloomberg (father) and Charlotte Bloomberg (mother). His father was the son of Alexander Bloomberg, who was an immigrant from Russia, while his mother was the daughter of Max Rubens, who was an immigrant from Belarus. William worked as an accountant for a dairy company, while Charlotte was a housewife. The Bloomberg family lived in Allston, but when Michael was 2 years old, they moved to Brookline and then settled in Moston, Medford, Massachusetts.
Michael was raised along with his younger sister, Marjorie Tiven. Tiven is currently the Commissioner of the New York City Commission for the United Nations, the Consular Corps and the Protocol, serving since February 2002.
Bloomberg attended the Hebrew school and then Johns Hopkins University, where he joined the Phi Kappa Psi fraternity. As a sophomore, he built the school mascot costume (the blue jay). In 1964, he graduated from the university with a degree in electrical engineering. Two years later, in 1966, he graduated from Harvard Business School with a Master of Business Administration.
In addition, he is an Eagle Scout and is a leading member of the Emanu-El Temple in Manhattan.
Michael Bloomberg Career Highlights: CEO of Bloomberg L.P.
- Michael Bloomberg began his first career in business when he became a general partner at Salomon Brothers Investment Bank in 1973.
- Then he created a company called Innovative Market Systems. In 1982, the company got a customer named Merrill Lynch who invested $ 30 million in the company.
- By 1987, the company was renamed "Bloomberg L.P." and for years, Bloomberg News, Bloomberg Message and Bloomberg Tradebook were launched.
- He finally left the company to pursue his career in politics.
- On January 1, 2002, he was appointed as the 108th mayor of New York City. He applied for the position for three consecutive years first in 2002, then in 2005 and 2009.
- He supported the construction of the Metro 7 Extension and the Second Avenue Metro during his tenure. He also supported abortion rights, same-sex marriage and citizenship for illegal immigrants.
- In February 2003, Michael Bloomberg received the Distinguished Leadership Award in Global Capital Markets from the Yale School of Management
- In April 2006, Bloomberg collaborated with Thomas Menino, mayor of Boston, to form Mayors Against Illegal Guns, a coalition that advocates arms control.
- Bloomberg did not support a candidate for the 2008 US presidential election.
- In January 2014, the United Nations Secretary General, Ban Ki-moon, announced that Bloomberg was named his Special Envoy for Cities and Climate Change.
- At the end of 2014, Bloomberg resumed the position of CEO in the company, "Bloomberg L.P.".
- On October 6, 2014, Queen Elizabeth II awarded Bloomberg as the Honorary Knight Commander of the Order of the British Empire.
- Bloomberg ran in the presidential race of the 2016 presidential campaign.
- In June 2018, Bloomberg made plans to donate $ 80 million to support Democratic congressional candidates in the 2018 elections.
- In May 2019, Bloomberg received an honorary doctorate in law from the University of Washington in St. Louis.
- On November 7, 2019, it was announced that Bloomberg will appear in the 2020 presidential elections in the United States.
Who is Michael Bloomberg married to? How many children does he have?
Michael Bloomberg was previously married to Susan Elizabeth Barbara Brown, a British citizen from Yorkshire, United Kingdom. Brown and Bloomberg married in 1975. Together they have two daughters: Emma (born 1979) and Georgina (born 1983). Emma and Georgina appeared in a documentary film, "Born Rich."
Living almost 18 years together, the couple soon divorced in 1993. Michael Bloomberg and his daughters own houses in Bermuda and stay there frequently. Currently, he is a relationship with Diana Taylor. Taylor is a former banking superintendent of the state of New York.
What is the net worth of Michael Bloomberg? How did you become a billionaire?
Michael Bloomberg, 77, is a multimillionaire man who has huge profits through his professional career as an entrepreneur and politician. Bloomberg has managed to accumulate a large fortune of the amount in billions of dollars through his company, "Bloomberg L.P.". The company's profit is worth one billion dollars every year, which increases its income more and more.
Bloomberg has an estimated net worth of $ 57.1 billion. Being a philanthropist, Bloomberg only receives $ 1 as salary. He is currently ranked as the ninth richest person in the United States and the fourteenth richest person in the world.
Previously, he owned a $ 10 million estate as a partner in Salomon Brothers. Bloomberg's wealth increased rapidly, which allowed him to be one of the richest people in the world over the years. Bloomberg had a net worth of $ 16 billion in 2009, $ 22 billion in 2012, $ 31 billion in 2013 and $ 43.3 billion in 2015, which ranked him as the sixth richest person in the United States. As in 2019, its net worth increased by $ 13.8 billion, estimated at $ 57.1 billion.
By 2014, Bloomberg had already had 14 properties in several countries around the world, including a Georgian-built mansion and historic properties in London. With all the fortune in billions of dollars, he has managed to live a luxurious and luxurious lifestyle.
How tall is Michael Bloomberg?
Michael Bloomberg has a well maintained body physique. With 77 years, Bloomberg has not let his age exceed his power and mental stability. He stands with a height of 5 feet. 8 inches (1.73 m) while your body weighs about 64 kg (142 pounds). He has a clear complexion with white hair and brown eyes.