Mark hurd He was an American technology executive who served as CEO of three major technology companies throughout his life. Hurd served as a member of the board of directors and also as co-CEO of the technology of the multinational company, Oracle Corporation. Hurd was also a member of the Technology CEO Board and board of directors of News Corporation that had emerged as a business tycoon who died on October 18, 2019.
Why was Mark Hurd famous?
- Famous as the co-CEO of Oracle Corporation.
Where is Mark Hurd from?
Mark Hurd was born on January 1, 1957 in Manhattan, New York, United States. Hurd's real name was Mark Vincent Hurd. His nationality was American. Hurd belonged to the white ethnic group, while Capricon was his zodiac sign.
Hurd was from the heart of America, New York, where he was raised by his parents. Hurd was the son of Teresa A. (mother) who was a debutant, and Ralph Steiner Hurd (father), a financier. Hurd attended Archbishop Curley-Notre Dame High School in Miami, Florida, and graduated in 1975.
Four years later, Hurd graduated from Baylor University with a degree in Business Administration in 1979. He joined Baylor University with a tennis scholarship. Hurd was also a member of the "Board of Regents of the University of Baylor", "Phi Delta Theta" and Vice Chairman of the Executive Committee.
Highlights of Mark Hurd's career: CEO of Oracle Corporation
- Mark Hurd began his career working for NCR Corporation as a junior salesman in San Antonio in 1980.
- Hurd spent his long 25 years at NCR Corporation, as president in 2001 and then as executive director in 2003.
- Hurd was appointed permanent CEO at Hewlett-Packard in 2005.
- During her tenure as CEO, Hurd was named one of the 25 most powerful people in the Fortune magazine business in 2007.
- Hurd was even recognized as CEO of the year by The San Francisco Chronicle in 2008.
- On August 6, 2010, Hurd resigned from all positions at Hewlett-Packard.
- Hurd was named president of Oracle Corporation along with Safra A. Catz by then CEO Larry Ellison on September 6, 2010.
- He then became a member of the board of directors of Oracle Corporation and reported that the sales force increased by 4,000 in April 2013.
- On September 18, 2014, Hurd was named CEO of Oracle Corporation.
- Hurd had contributed more than 30 years of leadership in the technology industry, experience in computer hardware and experience in executive management to his role with Oracle.
- Hurd was also an author and speaker, as he had even made keynote lectures at major events like Web Summit before.
- Hurd appeared several times in Barron in the list of Best CEOs of the publication.
- In 2018, the Hurd family made a major gift to the Baylor fundraising initiative.
Who did Mark Hurd marry? How many children did he have?
Mark Hurd was a married man. Hurd was married to his wife, Paula Kalupa. Paula is an executive of NCR Corporation in Dallas. Hurd and Kalupa were married in 1990. Living together for 29 years, the couple had two beautiful daughters together: Kathryn Hurd and Kelly Hurd.
Recently, Hurd lived in Palo Alto, California, along with his family before he died.
What did Mark Hurd die of?
The 62-year-old billionaire Mark Hurd passed away on Friday, October 18, 2019, after he struggled with some of his health problems that have not yet been revealed. Hurd's death has left his entire family, friends and even the Oracle Corporation in shock. Hurd had previously announced that he was on leave for his unspecified health problems in September 2019.
Hurd had even reported that his co-CEO, Safra Catz and Oracle founder, CTO Larry Ellison, would be handling all the organization's work in his absence before leaving. Almost a month later, Hurd died of his health problems that are not yet known.
How much is Mark Hurd worth?
Mark Hurd made great profits through his professional career as CEO of three major technology companies. Hurd had an estimated net worth of $ 135 million at the time of his death. Hurd had even owned more than 787,500 Oracle shares worth more than $ 52 million.
Hurd was Oracle's second highest paid executive after Lawrence Ellison. Hurd used to get a total compensation of $ 108 million as Executive Director and Director of Oracle. With the fortune in millions of dollars, Hurd had managed to live a luxurious and luxurious lifestyle.
How tall was Mark Hurd?
Billionaire CEO Mark Hurd was a handsome man from Manhattan who brought a great opportunity in the field of technology in recent years. Hurd was a white man with brown hair and eyes. Hurd must have been 5 feet tall. 7 inches.