Jordan Mailata is a talented Samoan-Australian American Football Offensive Tackle for the Philadelphia Eagles of the National Football League (NFL). He was originally selected by Philadelphia in the seventh round (233rd overall) of the 2018 NFL Draft despite having no prior football experience. He previously played rugby league for the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs U18 team and the South Sydney Rabbitohs in their U-20 team. He grew up in rugby league for the Bankstown Bulls and was selected for the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs U18 team in 2015. In addition, on September 11, 2021, Mailata signed a four-year contract for $ 64 million, including a guaranteed $ 40.85 million.
Brief facts about Jordan Mailata
|Celebrated name||Jordan Mailata|
|age||24 years, 6 months and 19 days|
|Birth Name||Jordan Mailata|
|date of birth||1997-03-31|
|Country of birth||Australia|
|place of birth||Bankstown, Sydney, Australia|
|brothers and sisters||4th|
|Source of wealth||Offensive tackle career in football|
|Net worth||$ 1 million to $ 5 million|
|salary||$ 16,000,000 per year|
|height||6 feet 8 inches (2.03 m)|
|weight||365 lb (166 kg)|
|Eye color||Dark brown|
|Left||Wikipedia Instagram Twitter|
The Australian NFL freight train makes a $ 56 million gamble look like a “bargain”
Jordan Mailata’s rapid rise in the NFL world is something out of Hollywood movies. “I’m waiting for someone to say cut and the lights go out,” said the Australian after signing a mammoth contract extension earlier this week. Having already won the starting place on the left, Mailata is now close to $ 56 million with a chance of raking in $ 108 million should it meet the performance clauses. It was only one game, but Mailata’s earth-shattering block in Philadelphia’s 32-6 win over the Atlanta Falcons was a sign that it will not only meet expectations, but exceed expectations after his post-game hit on Grant, Mailata said he would “only did with Jo,” but the Philadelphia Eagles beat writers saw more. Mailata and the Eagles will be looking to continue their strong start to the season against the San Francisco 49ers on Monday morning at 3 am (AEST).
- As a Samoan-Australian American Football Offensive Tackle.
- For playing rugby league for the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs U18 team.
Source: @ espn.in
Where is Jordan Mailata from?
Jordan Mailata was born on March 31, 1997 in Bankstown, Sydney, Australia. He is Australian by nationality and mixed by ethnicity. Likewise, his religion is Christian and his race is black. Jordan celebrated his 24th birthday in 2021, which is his current age. According to his date of birth, his zodiac sign is Capricorn. The details of Jordan’s parents have not yet been released, but we know he has always been a strong part of the Mailata family tradition as Mailata’s two brothers Daniel and Moana both played rugby league. Mailata has three brothers and a sister and a niece named Eraia.
What does Jordan Mailata do for a living?
Rugby league career
- Jumping off his rugby league career for the Bankstown Bulls, Jordan Mailata was selected for the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs U18 team in 2015 level in the Balmain competition.
- He was then offered the opportunity to join the South Sydney Rabbitohs U20 team in 2017 when the South Sydney Rabbitohs offered Mailata a $ 5,000 one-year deal for the North Sydney Bears.
- NFL executives invited Jordan to try out their International Player Pathway program, but he had never played American football and admitted that his knowledge of the game was minimal and also stated that he was only watching one NFL game would watch the Super Bowl each year.
- NFL scouts rated Mailata a 5.5, which is the equivalent of a practice team player with a chance of reaching the bottom of the official NFL list.
- In March 2018, he visited a combine harvester at the Tampa Bay Buccaneers exercise facility on One Buc Place.
- He was also extremely quick on his body as he scored a second time of 5.12 in the 40 yard run on the combine, which was the seventh best time for tackles on the NFL combine in February 2018.
- He also managed to score 4.67 seconds on the short shuttle and 22 reps on the combine bench press.
- Jordan was ranked 233rd by the Philadelphia Eagles in the seventh round of the 2018 NFL Draft. He signed a four-year contract valued at $ 2.5 million with a signing bonus of $ 89,392.
- He made it into the first 53-man squad for the Eagles on September 1, 2018, and was put on the injured reserve after suffering a stress fracture back injury on December 14, 2018 and his rookie season ended with no game.
- He was returned to the injured reserve on September 21, 2019 after missing the first two games of the 2019 season with a back injury.
- He was placed on the Reserve / COVID-19 list by the Eagles on July 29, 2020 and activated from the list on August 13, 2020.
- He made his NFL debut against the Washington Football Team, replacing injured rookie Jack Driscoll with Jason Peters in the third quarter on the 13th.
- Jordan was diagnosed with a concussion while playing against the Dallas Cowboys in Week 16 on Jan.
- He later finished the 2020 season as the top 15 offensive tackle in the NFL from week 11, as measured by pro football focus.
- He led Eagles offensive linemen in Pass Pro Snaps with 502, which corresponds to a Pass Pro Snaps per Sack Score of 71.7, which was the third best in the Eagles behind Lane Johnson and Jack Driscoll. His performance led many to believe that he could be the left starter for the 2021 season.
- Eagles head coach Nick Sirianni named Jordan a Left Tackle starter for the 2021 NFL season on Aug. 31, 2021, and signed on Aug.
Is Jordan Mailata dating anyone?
Jordan Mailata is an unmarried guy. He is currently dating his beautiful girlfriend Niki. From now on, the couple will lead an optimistic life and their bond will become more and more grounded over time. If you think about Jordan’s sexual orientation, he’s straight.
Source: @ instagram.com / jordanmailata
What is the net worth of Jordan Mailata?
Jordan Mailata has a net worth of $ 1 million to $ 5 million as of 2021, while he also has a handsome salary of around $ 16,000,000 per year. It is sponsored by the Australian clothing company Johnny Bigg, which specializes in clothing for people with larger frames. In addition, his main source of income comes from his career as a football offensive.
Jordan Mailata is 6 feet 8 inches (2.03 m) tall and weighs approximately 365 lb (166 kg). He has black hair and dark brown eyes. He has an unconventionally good looks and a harsh appeal. Reasons for his amazing personality could be his roots. Jordan’s body type is athletic.