John Mellencamp He is a rock musician who specializes in the heartland rock genre characterized by traditional instrumentation. A highly successful artist, he has sold more than 40 million albums worldwide and has seven No.1 hits on Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks, the maximum for a solo artist. He had always had a musical inclination and formed his first band when he was only 14 years old. He also played with several other local bands. His works are not only popular and commercially successful, but they have also achieved high critical appreciation. In addition to being a musician, he is also a painter who often performs exhibitions to exhibit his work. To know about him, scroll down the page below.
Source: @ people.com
Where is John Mellencamp born?
Remembering his first years of life, John Mellencamp was born in Seymour, United States. He is the son of Richard Mellencamp and Marilyn Lowe. His birth name is John J Mellencamp. It belongs to the American nationality and belongs to German, Scottish, English, Scottish-Irish Welsh, French and remote Flemish.
In addition, he has a total of four brothers named Ted Mellencamp, Joe Mellencamp, Laura Hackman and Janet Kiel. In addition, in 1974, he had graduated from the University of Vincennes.
When did John Mellencamp continue his musical career?
- Beginning his professional history, he began recording The Kid Inside, the follow-up to the Chestnut Street incident, in 1977. He began playing in a cover band called Crepe Soul.
- In 1978, he finally improved and released his single "I Need a Lover." This song came to Australia, and then a Top 30 song in the United States. In 1982, he had a breakthrough with the album American Fool. The following year (1983), he had had more commercial success with Uh-Huh, which became a Top 10 album thanks to the strength of three successful singles.
- Similarly, he had acclaimed Scarecrow, which featured a mix of styles, from the "ROCK uptempo in the US in 1985. He continued to mature as an artist with his next recording. In 1987, he had his recording called The Lonesome Jubilee that featured something Experimentation with a folk rock sound. In 1992, he had tried to act. He directed and starred in a semi-autobiographical drama about a successful musician who returned to the roots of his small town.
Source: @ apnews.com
- Similarly, he delivered Human Wheels, scoring a solid radio play with his main song and "What if I Came Knocking" in 1993.
- He had continued to produce music that reflected his reflections on life and middle age through the albums John Mellencamp in 1998, Rough Harvest in 1999 and Cuttin ' Heads in 2001. In 2009, he had recorded new songs in a series of Historic sites in the South, including the First African Baptist Church in Savannah, Georgia, and Sun Studio in Memphis, Tennessee. He had also revealed his talent as a painter to a wider audience in 2012. He released his first studio album in four years, folk and blues infused Plain Spoken in 2014.
- In addition to his work on Sad Clowns & Hillbillies, Mellencamp wrote the main song of the 2017 American war movie The Yellow Birds, which was released on June 15, 2018 by Saban Films.
- Mellencamp released a cover song compilation album titled Other People ' s Stuff on December 7, 2018. He began a theatrical tour of 39 dates in February 2019, called "The John Mellencamp Show", which ended on April 30 of 2019 in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- In two separate 2018 television interviews, Mellencamp joked with a new musical he is working on based on his 1982 number 1 hit "Jack & Diane." On June 12, 2019, Republic Records, Federal Films and Universal Music Theatricals announced that the musical is officially in development.
What are the achievements of John Mellencamp?
He has received 13 Grammy nominations so far. He won the Grammy Award for Best Male Rock Performer for "Hurts So Good" in 1982. In 1991 he received the Nordoff-Robbins Silver Clef Special Music Industry Humanitarian Award.
Source: @ huffpost.com
Who is John Mellencamp married to?
Reflecting his personal life, the prominent musician John Mellencamp maintains a long relationship with Meg Ryan since November 2014. In November 2018, the couple got engaged. He has even been in relationships with Christie Brinkley in 2015-2016 and had a meeting with Mariel Hemingway in 1991.
Previously, he had even married Elaine Irwin 1992-2011, Vicky Granucci 1981-1989 and Priscilla Esterline 1969-1981. In total, he has five children named Teddi Jo Mellencamp, Hud Mellencamp, Speck Mellencamp, Michelle Mellencamp and Justice Mellencamp.
But there is no problem of separation between the blessed couple. Their relationship depends on mutual trust and understanding. Both are loyal to each other.
Source: @ people.com
How much net worth does John Mellencamp have?
As a musician for a long time, John must earn the sum of a good amount of money from his successful musical career. His estimated net worth is said to be $ 25 million as of 2019, while his salary has not yet been disclosed.
How tall is John Mellencamp?
Moving towards the measurements of his body, he has maintained his height of 5 feet 8 inches. Her hair color is dark brown and her eye color is blue. In addition to this, there is no information about your other body measurements. In the case of an update, we will let you know.