Short facts about John Barrowman
|Famous name||John Barrowman|
|Birth Name||John Barrowman|
|job||Actor, singer and TV presenter|
|place of birth||Glasgow, Scotland|
|father||John Lewis Barrowman|
John Barrowman is a British-American actor, singer, presenter and writer who has appeared in such films as De-Lovely, The Producers and London's West End. He also played the role of Malcolm Merlyn in "The CW's Arrow" and "Legends of Tomorrow". He also had a speaking role in the video games "Lego Dimensions".
What is John Barrowman famous for?
- Famous as a British-American actor, singer and author
- Recently, on November 18, 2019, John Barrowman shocked his entire fan with his new haircut on the "I'm A Celebrity Spin-Off Show."
- In his new hairstyle he seems to be completely different, as he had long brown hair, but now he has a much shorter silver fox
When was John Barrowman born?
John Barrowman was born on March 11, 1967 in Glasgow, Scotland. His birth name is John Scot Barrowman. British-American-Scottish is his nationality. His ethnicity is white. Fish is his star sign.
He was born the son of John Lewis Barrowman (father) and Marion (mother). He is the youngest child of his parents. He has an older sister, Carol, and an older brother, Andrew. His mother was a singer and worked as a recording artist while his father worked for Caterpillar Heavy Machinery. In 1975, his family moved to Aurora, Illinois, USA, where his father ran the Caterpillar Tractor Factory.
He attended Joliet West High School. Since his childhood he was interested in music. So he took part in many singing and dancing competitions. He also played in many school dramas. From 1983 to 1986 he played in many music productions such as "Oliver", "Camelot", "Hello" and "Anything Goes".
In his senior year, his father arranged for him and his siblings to work in the Illinois Company to shovel coal. In 1985 he graduated from high school. He then moved to San Diego to study art at United States International University (USIU).
How is John Barrowman's career?
- John Barrowman began his career by presenting the role of Billy Crocker at the Prince Edward Theater in 1989.
- Then, for a decade, he began appearing in productions such as "Matador," "Hair," "The Phantom of Opera," and "Beauty and the Beast" in the West End Productions.
- He also appeared in theatrical films such as The Fix, Hey Mr. Producer, Sondheim's Company, and Trevor's Nunn.
- He also moderated the show "Live and Kicking," which aired on the BBC and appeared in the 1994-1996 game show "The Movie Game".
- From 1997 to 1999, he regularly hosted Channel 5's afternoon exhibition titled "5's a Company" and also hosted BBC One from 2013-2014.
- In 2007, he became the judge of the BBC One TV series "Any Dream Will Do". He also has three episodes of "This Morning" in 2012.
- He has worked in numerous films such as Method (2004), The Producers (2005), Zero Dart Thirsty (2012) and Fireman Sam (2018).
- In 2018 he became a candidate on the show "I'm a celebrity … get me out of here".
- He has many studio albums like "Songs of Grease", "Another Side", "John Barrowman" and "You Raise Me".
- In 2019 he released his last studio album "A Fabulous Christmas".
- He is the author of many books such as "Anything Goes", "Hollow Earth", "I am What I am" and "The Book of Beasts".
Life benefits and awards
John Barrowman was nominated for his role as Cal Chandler in the musical "The Fix" in 1998 for the Lourence Olivier Award for Best Actor in a Musical. For his role as Captain Jack in the series, he was also nominated for the BAFTA Cymru Award "Dr. Who and Torchwood."
Who is John Barrowman married to?
52-year-old Scot Barrowman is openly gay. He is married to British architect Scott Gill. The couple closed the deal on July 2, 2013 in California.
They got to know each other during the production of "Rope" in 1993 and got to know each other for 22 years. They got married after the California Supreme Court overturned the ban on same-sex marriage on July 1, 2013.
Currently, the couple lives happily together in London. They have no children. Barrowman launched its skin care line "HIM" in 2011.
What is the fortune of John Barrowman?
The actor John Barrowman has an estimated net wealth of 4 million US dollars from 2019. The actor, the author and the musician have a good merit from his job. Its net assets include all of its present income and assets.
How tall is John Barrowman?
The 52-year-old John Barrowman has a well-groomed body with a height of 183 cm and a weight of 80 kg. His hair color is brown while his eye color is blue. His shoe size is 9. He is also active in social media with around 450,000 followers on Twitter and 1.4 million followers on Instagram.