Janelle Monáe is a famous American singer, rapper and actress known for her studio albums "The ArchAndroid", "The Electric Lady" and "Dirty Computer". She was first known to the outside world with the release of her EP titled "Metropolis: Suite I (The Chase)", which culminated at number 115 of the Billboard 200 in the United States. As an actress, she has been critically acclaimed for performing Mary Jackson in the movie Hidden Figures. Until now, she has received six Grammy nominations and several other prestigious awards and honors.
Janelle Monae Robinson
Singer, rapper, composer, actress, model
Anniversary / Date of birth
Janelle Monáe was born on December 1, 1985 in Kansas City, Kansas, USA.
She is currently 32 years old.
Sign of the sun
Janelle Monae attended F. L. Schlagle High School in Kansas City. She moved to New York where she received a scholarship to study drama at the American Musical and Dramatic Academy, but she left the studies halfway by citing her stifled creativity at the university. ;institute. She also participated in a performing arts camp called Freedom Theater, the oldest African-American theater in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Father – Michael Robinson Summers (trucker)
- Mother – Unknown (worked as a janitor)
- Brothers and sisters – No
According to rumors, Janelle Monae would be attending musician and actress Tessa Thompson. But none of them confirmed nor denied their relationship.
She was linked in the past to Lewis Hamilton, British F1 racer.
- In feet – 5 feet
- In centimeters – 152 cm
- In meters – 1.5 m
- In kilograms – 52 kg
- In pounds – 115 pounds
- Measurements – 36-25 -36
- Chest – 36 inches
- Cut – 25 inches
- hip – 36 inches
- Bra size – 34B
She is wearing a shoe size 7 (US).
The size of the dress
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Start of the album
Janelle Monae released her first studio album titled "The ArchAndroid" on May 18, 2010, which ranked 17th on the US Billboard 200. He also managed to reach the heights in many countries.
Her second album "The Electric Lady" was released on September 6, 2013, critically acclaimed, and debuted at number 5 on the Billboard 200, followed by her third album, "Dirty Computer," on April 27, 2018. display panel 200.
Her first appearance in the Billboard Hot 100 painting was "We Are Young" by Pleasure, in which she was featured as a guest singer.
Psychedelic soul, R & B, funk, soul, pop, rock art
Wondaland, Bad Boy, Epic, Atlantic Records
Beginning of the film
Janelle got her first acting job as an actress in the "Rio 2" 3D animation movie in 2014 in which she voiced Dr. Monae's character.
Her first role is Teresa in the movie "Moonlight" in 2016.
In 2009, she appeared as herself in the Canadian-American military science-fiction television series "Stargate Universe", in which she performed "Many Moons" in an episode entitled "Earth".
She is popular for her dressing style, which is the tuxedo wardrobe, her signature style. Her black and white color code is her signature style to which she relates in her early years as a maid.
His albums "The ArchAndroid", "The Electric Lady" and "Dirty Computer".
His performance in the movie Hidden Figures, alongside actresses Taraji P. Henson and Octavia Spencer, released in December 2016.
Janelle has appeared in several television commercials for brands such as Pepsi, CoverGirl, Sonos Wireless HiFi, Target, Gap and Sonos.
Janelle Monáe Favorites
- Favorite movies – Psycho (1960), The Twilight Zone
- Favorite TV Series – Game of Thrones
- Favorite Models – Josephine Baker, Grace Jones
- Favorite writers – Aldous Huxley, Isaac Asimov, Octavia Butler
Janelle Monáe Net worth
Janelle Monae has a net worth of $ 6 million.
Social media Profiles
Janelle Monáe Facts
1. She had a very difficult education because of the poor financial situation of her family.
2. Her penchant for music began when she was inspired by the fictional character of the musical "The Wizard of Oz". She started singing and writing at a very young age. She was part of the local Baptist church choir.
3. She was a member of the Young Writers' Roundtable at Kansas City's Coterie Theater.
4. In 2001, she moved to Atlanta, Georgia, where she met with Outkast's Big Boi, and then founded the Wondaland Arts Society with like-minded young artists.
5. Janelle made her first break in 2006 when she played with "OutKast" in their album "Idlewild", where she appeared in "Call the Law" and "In Your Dreams".
6. In 2010, Monáe received the Vanguard Award from the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers of the Rhythm & Soul Music Awards.
7. She appeared in Style 100 of InStyle magazine.
8. She supports the LGBTQ community.
9. She received the "Breakthrough Award" at the 10th annual Essence Black Women In Hollywood in February 2017.
10. Janelle has launched her own line of clothing under the label Electro Phi Beta Sorority.
11. His films Moonlight and Hidden Figures have been nominated for the Oscar for Best Picture.
12. She was influenced by the music of Michael Jackson, James Brown and Stevie Wonder.